Allowable editing range for Active Gigs

beenkay1

What do you mean by flouting Fiverr rules?

You can completely change the contents of an active gig as long as you make an offering that doesn’t violate Fiverr ToS.

Okay, does it mean, one can even change the entire wordings and/or image?

As long as it’s roughly the same gig/service.

I don’t think you are allowed to change the title from eg. “I will create a logo” to “I will write a book” as they’re completely different and it would make the existing reviews irrelevant/misleading as well as being confusing to anyone would bought the gig originally (if there were no existing reviews and no orders made on that gig that might be more okay but the gig URL won’t change if you change the title).

It also should be relevant to the category and subcategory it’s in.

As long as it’s roughly the same gig/service.

I don’t think you are allowed to change the title from eg. “I will create a logo” to “I will write a book” as they’re completely different and it would make the existing reviews irrelevant/misleading as well as being confusing to anyone would bought the gig originally (if there were no existing reviews and no orders made on that gig that might be more okay but the gig URL won’t change if you change the title).

It also should be relevant to the category and subcategory it’s in.

Yes, I won’t try changing topics like you said but I’m intending editing to add few keywords to make it more visible & SEO compliant.

I may also to change the gig image but in all these, I want to remain within fiverr.com guidelines. Thanks @uk1000

To be honest, I have been patient, just waiting to get my first order, now I’m getting bored, so I decided to ask this question that we are discussing now.
I read up a lot of contributions in this forum and came to understanding that I need to edit my gig because I have about 95 impressions, 5 clicks but no orders yet. I went back to study what I have not done well, hence my intention to touch the gig somehow.

If you change the gig’s metadata, it may take time to be approved, and when it is still in approval it goes way down the gig ranking list.

Though if it’s waiting to be approved would it actually be in the search index (I assume the new one woudln’t be in the index and if the old version was still in until the new one got approved, why would those old version lose rank)?

Maybe when it gets removed temporarily from the search index and is waiting to be approved you lose impressions but at that point it shouldn’t be losing rank if it’s not actually in the search index I think. Rank might change later once it’s in the index again.

If you change the gig’s metadata, it may take time to be approved, and when it is still in approval it goes way down the gig ranking list.

Okay, no probs but when it finally comes up it would be stronger I guess, with orders following 😀

Though if it’s waiting to be approved would it actually be in the search index (I assume the new one woudln’t be in the index and if the old version was still in until the new one got approved, why would those old version lose rank)?

Maybe when it gets removed temporarily from the search index and is waiting to be approved you lose impressions but at that point it shouldn’t be losing rank if it’s not actually in the search index I think. Rank might change later once it’s in the index again.

Hmmn, this is “A-Level” explanation 😀

If I actually understood your point, you mean, the gig would be removed temporarily from search index while awaiting approval and that might cause a loss of impressions but I didn’t quite get the loss of rank angle. Does a gig without any single order have a rank to loose?

Hmmn, this is “A-Level” explanation 😀

If I actually understood your point, you mean, the gig would be removed temporarily from search index while awaiting approval and that might cause a loss of impressions but I didn’t quite get the loss of rank angle. Does a gig without any single order have a rank to loose?

Does a gig without any single order have a rank to loose?

If it was published and in the search index (available to find through search) yes. If it’s been removed temporarily from the search index until it’s been approved I don’t see how it can lose rank at that point (if it’s not in the search index it can’t have a search rank I think).

Does a gig without any single order have a rank to loose?

If it was published and in the search index (available to find through search) yes. If it’s been removed temporarily from the search index until it’s been approved I don’t see how it can lose rank at that point (if it’s not in the search index it can’t have a search rank I think).

Okay, I was thinking (as a newbie) that “Ranking” begins after you get and also complete your first order. Now I know better, thanks again.

Okay, I was thinking (as a newbie) that “Ranking” begins after you get and also complete your first order. Now I know better, thanks again.

It might not have a high rank (though I think new gigs are given an initial boost),but it will have a rank. Some people disagree and say there’s no rank in Fiverr, maybe because it can change a lot/be shown in a different position to different users, maybe based on past buying.

But you could do a search with a logged out browser (maybe with no Fiverr cookies) to find where it might be shown generally to people/or to people with no past purchases.

Generally it’s not good to edit a gig too often because of that temporarily removal from the search engine though. But it could be worth doing if you think it can be improved a lot or corrected. If you search for it and it appears near the top of the search results it’s probably more risky to change it (rank-wise) than if it was shown near the end of them. If it was near the last page (though it only shows up to about 20-21 pages) there’s probably no real harm in updating it since it might go up in rank.

You can this to check if your gig is appearing in search whenever you modify your gigs in the future → https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig → “My gig doesn’t appear in search” → “Select Gig”

It might not have a high rank (though I think new gigs are given an initial boost),but it will have a rank. Some people disagree and say there’s no rank in Fiverr, maybe because it can change a lot/be shown in a different position to different users, maybe based on past buying.

But you could do a search with a logged out browser (maybe with no Fiverr cookies) to find where it might be shown generally to people/or to people with no past purchases.

Generally it’s not good to edit a gig too often because of that temporarily removal from the search engine though. But it could be worth doing if you think it can be improved a lot or corrected. If you search for it and it appears near the top of the search results it’s probably more risky to change it (rank-wise) than if it was shown near the end of them. If it was near the last page (though it only shows up to about 20-21 pages) there’s probably no real harm in updating it since it might go up in rank.

In-depth clarification there. Thank you, I will run that search as advised.

I decided to run the search for my gig online, narrowing the search down to my specific niche using another device. Out of about 659 services listed in that category, I saw my gig on the first row of page 1 surprisingly. What’s the most appropriate interpretation for this?

Archived