Am I Doing Okay?

osmanzakir

Hi everyone.

So as the title suggests, I just want to ask if my gigs are okay. I currently have two I’ve made. I’m a new web developer who’s trying to find work. I’m also relatively new to freelancing itself, let alone Fiverr.

First gig is a front-end app development one for React apps, and the second one is for full-stack app development.

I’m worried about whether the questions I have are okay or if I need to change something or add more; if the amount of time is okay (I’m not sure how much I’ll actually take), and if the prices are good (I don’t want to have too much or too little).

Please help. Thanks.

Would it be a good idea to have an image that shows icons of technologies I’ll use? Like if I’ll use React, TypeScript and Sass then the gig image would show logos for those (or maybe just an image of a desk with a computer on it and the React logo next to the computer).

What I now is screenshots of apps I made.

Is there no problem with the prices and the amount of time? Or did you want to talk about the gig images first?

I brought up images because they’re the first thing people see. As for programs, almost no one cares what tools someone uses to get a job done, just that the job gets done and is useable for the intended purpose.

As for pricing and times, sorry, but I can’t offer advice on those, as I’m in a completely different category and don’t know a thing about app creation.

What you could do is add more to the gig description. There’s only 2 and a bit lines of text. Maybe say more about what you’ll do. Are there any limitiations (eg. on size of the web app)? If you used packages you could have different prices for different sorts of web app (simple vs more complex).

Your 2nd search tag is “scss” - I assume that should be “sass” as that’s what you say in the description.

What you could do is add more to the gig description. There’s only 2 and a bit lines of text. Maybe say more about what you’ll do. Are there any limitiations (eg. on size of the web app)? If you used packages you could have different prices for different sorts of web app (simple vs more complex).

Your 2nd search tag is “scss” - I assume that should be “sass” as that’s what you say in the description.

I said “SCSS” to specify that it’s that flavor of Sass.

I did add three packages. Each one costs more. But I don’t know if the prices I set are good.

I need some advice from a developer if possible. Like, would it be better to have one gig for the MERN stack instead of one gig for just React and one for the full MERN stack? And if I switch to that, what should I do for the packages? What would the “basic” offering be on that (and the other two levels too)? And etc.

And what if I want to also offer a MERN stack with a WebAssembly+Node backend? Do I include that option in the above-mentioned gig or make it a separate gig?

I said “SCSS” to specify that it’s that flavor of Sass.

I did add three packages. Each one costs more. But I don’t know if the prices I set are good.

I need some advice from a developer if possible. Like, would it be better to have one gig for the MERN stack instead of one gig for just React and one for the full MERN stack? And if I switch to that, what should I do for the packages? What would the “basic” offering be on that (and the other two levels too)? And etc.

And what if I want to also offer a MERN stack with a WebAssembly+Node backend? Do I include that option in the above-mentioned gig or make it a separate gig?

I was talking about the “I will create a web app using react” gig (which doesn’t have 3 packages) that was linked to not the other one (I didn’t check that other one).

I agree about the gig images though. The main gig images on each gig should make it easily clear what the gig is about just from the small version of the image that gets shown in search results.

I was talking about the “I will create a web app using react” gig (which doesn’t have 3 packages) that was linked to not the other one (I didn’t check that other one).

I agree about the gig images though. The main gig images on each gig should make it easily clear what the gig is about just from the small version of the image that gets shown in search results.

Oh yeah, right. When I made that gig, the other two packages were grayed out so I couldn’t do anything with them. Is it still possible to add the other two gigs?

For the description, please go to the “About Me” section of my portfolio site and let me know if it’d be a good idea to just use that as the gig description, adding in that I’ll create a React app for this gig and that each package offers additional services (if I can think of what to add in for each of the other two packages).

But yeah, what should I include in each package? How should they be different from each other? And what would be good to have as FAQs?

Also take a look at the requirements I’ve added (am I asking too much already? Sorry if so) and let me know if I should add more questions the buyers need to answer. Right now I only have one question.

Oh yeah, right. When I made that gig, the other two packages were grayed out so I couldn’t do anything with them. Is it still possible to add the other two gigs?

For the description, please go to the “About Me” section of my portfolio site and let me know if it’d be a good idea to just use that as the gig description, adding in that I’ll create a React app for this gig and that each package offers additional services (if I can think of what to add in for each of the other two packages).

But yeah, what should I include in each package? How should they be different from each other? And what would be good to have as FAQs?

Also take a look at the requirements I’ve added (am I asking too much already? Sorry if so) and let me know if I should add more questions the buyers need to answer. Right now I only have one question.

it’d be a good idea to just use that as the gig description

Nope. Not at all. That is a jumbled mess of technical jargon about you. It says nothing about what you can or will do for a client.

Please see: Are you a new seller? This is how you get more orders:

Consider this: A grandmother who knows nothing about coding, and only a bit more about the internet, wants to have an app for her quilting club. How you you tell her what you can provide?

For the description, please go to the “About Me” section of my portfolio site and let me know if it’d be a good idea to just use that as the gig description

Things about you in general might be best in the profile description. So things about what you’ll do in that gig would need to be specific about that. Maybe how technical it needs to be might depend on how much they’d need to know. eg. if they’d need to maintain the code or whether they’d likely search for particular term.

adding in that I’ll create a React app for this gig and that each package offers additional services (if I can think of what to add in for each of the other two packages).

Maybe look at other gigs that do similar things (without copying any) to get a rough idea how they split the packages. I haven’t used react so I wouldn’t know. Maybe by number of different functions/features/options offered or some packages can be for apps that have certain types of features/functionality that you can’t get in the more basic packages.

I don’t know re: faq. You’re probably best thinking of questions that your customers would likely have after looking at your gig. Or you could check other gigs for a rough idea (without copying as that isn’t allowed) or wait until you get actual messages about the gig and see what sorts of questions you keep getting about that gig/the other.

it’d be a good idea to just use that as the gig description

Nope. Not at all. That is a jumbled mess of technical jargon about you. It says nothing about what you can or will do for a client.

Please see: Are you a new seller? This is how you get more orders:

Consider this: A grandmother who knows nothing about coding, and only a bit more about the internet, wants to have an app for her quilting club. How you you tell her what you can provide?

Right, that makes sense. Thanks.

I don’t really know how I should say it that makes it easy for that grandmother to understand, though. I need some tips.

Is it okay to keep what I have on my site and try to translate it into something people who nothing about coding would understand for the gig description? And maybe include something on my “About Me” on my site that would also help those people understand what I’m saying.

@uk1000 Yeah, thanks. I’ll try to look at other gigs, then. Without copying anything, of course (I know that’s bad).

Right, that makes sense. Thanks.

I don’t really know how I should say it that makes it easy for that grandmother to understand, though. I need some tips.

Is it okay to keep what I have on my site and try to translate it into something people who nothing about coding would understand for the gig description? And maybe include something on my “About Me” on my site that would also help those people understand what I’m saying.

@uk1000 Yeah, thanks. I’ll try to look at other gigs, then. Without copying anything, of course (I know that’s bad).

As I mentioned, I don’t know that industry at all. I’ll try another example:

I know almost nothing about cars, most car commercials out there boast about engines and ponypower and tech and stuff. Several years ago there was a car commercial that was different. The features? An engine that starts, wheels that turn, good seats, windows that go up and down, gets you from here to there. I can’t remember what car the commercial was for, but it has always stuck with me. What do I want in a car? Exactly that.

So, what do people want most in an app?

@uk1000 Do you think this would be okay for the description?

I’m a web developer and programmer.

I have some experience working with HTML5, CSS3, Typescript, React, jQuery, Bootstrap, SASS, MongoDB, Mongoose, Node.js, C++, and WebAssembly.

For this gig, I will do my best to create a front-end web application with a customizable, responsive design that suits your needs and deliver it on time. I’ll be using React, SASS and Typescript, which are some front-end development technologies.

Any problems here?

@uk1000 Do you think this would be okay for the description?

I’m a web developer and programmer.

I have some experience working with HTML5, CSS3, Typescript, React, jQuery, Bootstrap, SASS, MongoDB, Mongoose, Node.js, C++, and WebAssembly.

For this gig, I will do my best to create a front-end web application with a customizable, responsive design that suits your needs and deliver it on time. I’ll be using React, SASS and Typescript, which are some front-end development technologies.

Any problems here?

Yes it seems mostly okay. You don’t list the packages (what the package titles/descriptions would be if you were using 3 - I don’t mean list them in the gig desc) and it doesn’t specify any limits to what you’ll do (eg. can someone order the most complex/biggest web app possible for the $15 amount?).

Saying “I have some experience working with” and maybe “I will do my best to create a front-end web application” might make it seem like you don’t have all that much experience with those things. Maybe “I have experience working with” would be better than “I have some experience working with” if you are skilled enough with them.

If you wanted them to contact you before ordering you could say that in the description (though that might reduce orders a bit but at least it would help make sure there were no problems with what they were asking for/that you could definitely do what they ask).

it doesn’t specify any limits to what you’ll do (eg. can someone order the most complex/biggest web app possible for the $15 amount?).

What should I say about that in the description (if anything)?

And is it possible to add additional packages to an existing gig or should I make a new one from scratch?

it doesn’t specify any limits to what you’ll do (eg. can someone order the most complex/biggest web app possible for the $15 amount?).

And is it possible to add additional packages to an existing gig or should I make a new one from scratch?

And is it possible to add additional packages to an existing gig

Yes as far as know (unless there may be a limit in some subcategories but I don’t know of one).

You could just press edit on that gig and see if it lets you add the standard and premium packages.

If not maybe adding extras to the gig might help for more complex stuff.

You could list any limitations there if you wanted or maybe in the FAQ section. Like I said before you could limit it based on number of features/options or the types of features you create. Think of what takes more time to do or is more complex for you to do for web apps and maybe limit it based on that.

What about this?

I’m a web developer and programmer and will create a React app for you.

For this gig, I will do my best to create a front-end web application for the basic package and a full-stack web application for the standard and premium packages, with a customizable, responsive design that suits your needs and deliver it on time.

For the basic package I’ll be using React, SASS and Typescript, which are some front-end development technologies. And for the standard package I’ll include Node. The premium package includes the full MERN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js), Typescript and SASS.

I decided to try offering a front-end app in the basic package, a React and Node app in the basic one and the full MERN stack in the premium one, but I don’t know if that means I should change the gig title or leave it be.

You might consider searching for “fiverr gig review”

There are professional fiverr freelancers that you can hire to help you improve your fiverr gigs.

Good luck trying to convince people to pay for gig advice (which I’m not even entirely sure is okay to do) while so many want it for free here on the forum.

What about this?

I’m a web developer and programmer and will create a React app for you.

For this gig, I will do my best to create a front-end web application for the basic package and a full-stack web application for the standard and premium packages, with a customizable, responsive design that suits your needs and deliver it on time.

For the basic package I’ll be using React, SASS and Typescript, which are some front-end development technologies. And for the standard package I’ll include Node. The premium package includes the full MERN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js), Typescript and SASS.

I decided to try offering a front-end app in the basic package, a React and Node app in the basic one and the full MERN stack in the premium one, but I don’t know if that means I should change the gig title or leave it be.

What about this?

Better. Still rough around the edges, but much improved, imho.

There are professional fiverr freelancers that you can hire to help you improve your fiverr gigs.

STOP posting this advice.

Even if you find Fiverr Gigs that charge someone to review or help write their Gig, those Gigs are NOT allowed here.

GG

STOP posting this advice.

Even if you find Fiverr Gigs that charge someone to review or help write their Gig, those Gigs are NOT allowed here.

GG

Why?

Where is this forbidden in Fiverr’s TOS?

Archived