Client sent an attachment with contact info

Hey everyone! I’m new here. I had my first message sent on a buyer on Fiverr. He asked, outside of resumes, would I be interested in other freelance work. Of course, being new and happy, I said yes. He then sends me an attachment containing his name, what he does, what the job would entail (mailing payroll checks, which I kind of find a little fishy…I could be over reacting). He said if I am interested in the opportunity to text him because he rarely gets on here due to the app acting up. Here’s the catch, it says he just created a profile sometime this month.

I need advice on what to do. Someone please HELPPPPP!

SN: I have not responded or text the buyer.

I would report him. Only reason I use use fiverr is because I don’t want to get scammed. I think I got 5 to 10 messages like these past month on my instagram which are mostly scammers. If I want to work with random people outside of platform I would have used facebook instead of fiverr 😅

Hey everyone! I’m new here. I had my first message sent on a buyer on Fiverr. He asked, outside of resumes, would I be interested in other freelance work. Of course, being new and happy, I said yes. He then sends me an attachment containing his name, what he does, what the job would entail (mailing payroll checks, which I kind of find a little fishy…I could be over reacting). He said if I am interested in the opportunity to text him because he rarely gets on here due to the app acting up. Here’s the catch, it says he just created a profile sometime this month.

I need advice on what to do. Someone please HELPPPPP!

SN: I have not responded or text the buyer.

mailing payroll checks

It’s an old scam. Report and block.

Anytime anything seems fishy, be it “payroll jobs”, exotic princes or widows who can’t find anyone to help get their millions to some orphanage, SMS that want you to click some website about some order and don’t look as if they come from a site you indeed have an open order with, calls from weird phone numbers you don’t recognize, paste the relevant part into Google and do a search.
More often than not, you’ll see that you won’t need to spend any time on second-guessing yourself as to whether you might miss an awesome opportunity or are too mistrusting.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you’ll get a real order soon! Don’t give up too quickly (this being a legit site and you not having to pay anything, unless you actually get revenue, after all, so that’s pretty neat, isn’t it!) and read some of the great topics in “Seller Tips” while you still have the time 🙂

Archived