Buyer isn't responding and the order will be late, what to do?

poppyr

Hi everyone,
I have a buyer who seems nice but he responds maybe once every two days. We’ve been working on an order but because he’s so vague and doesn’t answer half my questions I don’t know what to do next. I’ve been sending him the order bit by bit for his approval, but I don’t know the next step and have a LOT of questions that need answering before I can continue.
It’s 15 hours until the deadline and two days ago, I submitted a 7-day extension request since he’s not responding. If the 15 hours are up before he responds, will the order count as late? I’ve never had a late order before and it’s making me anxious.
TYIA
Poppy

Hi everyone,

I have a buyer who seems nice but he responds maybe once every two days. We’ve been working on an order but because he’s so vague and doesn’t answer half my questions I don’t know what to do next. I’ve been sending him the order bit by bit for his approval, but I don’t know the next step and have a LOT of questions that need answering before I can continue.

It’s 15 hours until the deadline and two days ago, I submitted a 7-day extension request since he’s not responding. If the 15 hours are up before he responds, will the order count as late? I’ve never had a late order before and it’s making me anxious.

TYIA

Poppy

If the extension is not accepted and the 15 hours remaining for delivery pass, then yes, it would turn into a late order.

I’ve been sending him the order bit by bit for his approval,

This sounds more like a milestones order than a regular all-in-one order.

If you didn’t receive all the necessary instructions at the beginning of the order and the buyer is unclear/unwilling to fill in the gaps, then honestly, that is when you should have contacted CS to prepare to potentially cancel the order.

Hope it concludes well for you.

If the extension is not accepted and the 15 hours remaining for delivery pass, then yes, it would turn into a late order.

I’ve been sending him the order bit by bit for his approval,

This sounds more like a milestones order than a regular all-in-one order.

If you didn’t receive all the necessary instructions at the beginning of the order and the buyer is unclear/unwilling to fill in the gaps, then honestly, that is when you should have contacted CS to prepare to potentially cancel the order.

Hope it concludes well for you.

Thank you. I’ll nudge him again to accept the order, and if a few hours remain I’ll cancel.

There was a misunderstanding at the beginning; basically, it’s a ghostwriting gig. He wanted me to rewrite his book, which I was happy to do. When I was at 2.5k, he said oh no I only wanted you to rewrite parts of it, please do Chapter 22 next. Now I’ve just finished Chapter 24 but it’s SUPER vague and with loads of unanswered questions, so I’ve had to keep asking him which parts to do next, but he’s not answering.

I really appreciate your time and advice, thank you 🙂

Thank you. I’ll nudge him again to accept the order, and if a few hours remain I’ll cancel.

There was a misunderstanding at the beginning; basically, it’s a ghostwriting gig. He wanted me to rewrite his book, which I was happy to do. When I was at 2.5k, he said oh no I only wanted you to rewrite parts of it, please do Chapter 22 next. Now I’ve just finished Chapter 24 but it’s SUPER vague and with loads of unanswered questions, so I’ve had to keep asking him which parts to do next, but he’s not answering.

I really appreciate your time and advice, thank you 🙂

I think you have to submit your work done to delivery on time. there will be a redelivery option if the buyer is not satisfied your work. you can get time to do again.

Whatever you do, do NOT submit work that is not complete - this can get your account in trouble and possibly banned.

Even if the time runs out on this order extension and they do not click accept to put more time on it before the 15 hours or whatever are up - there is still a chance here. IF the buyer comes back even AFTER the time is up and ACCEPTS your new extension of time, the order will NOT be late or count against you as late. Only IF the buyer never comes back or comes back AFTER the time runs out and you have the LATE thing on the order and decides they do not want to accept your extension, will it affect your “on time” stats.

GG

Whatever you do, do NOT submit work that is not complete - this can get your account in trouble and possibly banned.

Even if the time runs out on this order extension and they do not click accept to put more time on it before the 15 hours or whatever are up - there is still a chance here. IF the buyer comes back even AFTER the time is up and ACCEPTS your new extension of time, the order will NOT be late or count against you as late. Only IF the buyer never comes back or comes back AFTER the time runs out and you have the LATE thing on the order and decides they do not want to accept your extension, will it affect your “on time” stats.

GG

Thank you, I didn’t know I could get banned by sending samples.

It’s just hard to know what the buyer wants sometimes, and I don’t want to submit 10,000 words for them to ask me to change 6,000 of them later. But I understand what you’re saying. Thank you for the warning.

It would be better if you contact support… But do not deliver the incompleted work.

Oh when I said I sent incomplete work I didn’t mean as a completed delivery, the order was ongoing, I just sent a file within the chat if that makes sense?

GG

To clarify, I didn’t submit the work as a completed delivery, I sent him a file within the chat, with the delivery ongoing. I don’t submit it as complete until it’s complete.

Archived