Need any advise for improving Gigs ?

gunawanguan

Dear all Fiverr Friend and colleague.
Thanks for visiting my threads. I need some advise for my gig.
Here is the situation, I have a main gig that doing a logo and this gig has worked out very good all this time. But then suddenly, I don’t know why this gig performance is getting drop since June 2020 last year until now. There is some raise on November 2020, but just last for around 1 week. After that, everything got dropped, from impression, clicks, views, etc.

I know there might be a rotation here on Fiverr that make some of gig are not always on top of search page. I just wait for that, but as for today it almost 9 months and it seems that my gig didn’t appear back on top of search page, not even 20 page. I don’t expect to be on page number 1, being able to be on page number 20 is enough for me, even for just 1 day. Just to know that my gig is still able to be find by any customer.

I tried so many times to change title, metadata, tag, description, image, keyword, etc but the result is still not too satisfying.
And I have asked Fiverr Support for some advise and thanks to them, they help me. They tell me to improve my gig by sharing on social media, take Fiverr Learn Course.

As for social media, I don’t really active on social media. And also my social media circle is around Indonesia People where I targeted USA marketplace (my biggest market so far). So I don’t know how to maximize my social media if all my circle was from Indonesia.

I take Fiverr Learn Course and yes it help me to improve my skill a lot. But I need now something that kinda non-technical advise that can help me to back on search page again.
Is there any other seller here that has the same situation like me where your gig has been outranked from more than 8 months? Or the only solution is to wait for the rotation?
Is there any advise to improve my gigs?

If there is any advise from anyone, I really appreciate that.
Thank you very much. And greetings from Indonesia. I’m sorry for my bad English Language and any grammar mistake.

Regards,
Gunawan.

I assume that this is a result of a broader issue most of us face: the nature of the market has changed with both buyers and sellers prioritizing “instant garbage” over quality.

Not only has COVID seen a massive influx of sellers, many of whom are not remotely capable of delivering quality work, it has also brought a lot of buyers who think that Ferraris do really cost $5 and that therefore the real Ferrari is just a blatant rip-off for being more than $5.

It is a new landscape that is somewhat post-apocalyptic in nature. Only people are acting like it is bling as they try to make out they are tha shizz.

I have no idea how to change that as the dominant mindset has infected just about everyone into playing the ‘scrabble in the mud’ game.

Just today (privately) I had a musician send me a song he wanted me to make “perfect” when it was simply that he was too lazy to perform it right to get the wonderful result possible. He won’t accept the raw magic of a first performance as it is not “perfect”, nor did he want to take the time to learn to deliver it in a polished way. So he was attempting to pay a few dollars to turn his mess into mastery - which I walked away from because no matter what I did, I would deliver a polished turd instead of the lovely song that was possible.

🙂

I assume that this is a result of a broader issue most of us face: the nature of the market has changed with both buyers and sellers prioritizing “instant garbage” over quality.

Not only has COVID seen a massive influx of sellers, many of whom are not remotely capable of delivering quality work, it has also brought a lot of buyers who think that Ferraris do really cost $5 and that therefore the real Ferrari is just a blatant rip-off for being more than $5.

It is a new landscape that is somewhat post-apocalyptic in nature. Only people are acting like it is bling as they try to make out they are tha shizz.

I have no idea how to change that as the dominant mindset has infected just about everyone into playing the ‘scrabble in the mud’ game.

Just today (privately) I had a musician send me a song he wanted me to make “perfect” when it was simply that he was too lazy to perform it right to get the wonderful result possible. He won’t accept the raw magic of a first performance as it is not “perfect”, nor did he want to take the time to learn to deliver it in a polished way. So he was attempting to pay a few dollars to turn his mess into mastery - which I walked away from because no matter what I did, I would deliver a polished turd instead of the lovely song that was possible.

🙂

Sorry I don’t really understand what you mean my friend?

Did you mean that I have to improve my gig quality?

I have not looked at your Gig. I was speaking broadly about how the market has changed in strange ways.

🙂

Oh thank you my friend.

I think you are right.

I usually can survive by Serving my repeat customer on Fiverr but since around this 3-4 months, it appear like they stop purchasing again.

That’s why I come here look for some advise.

Another seller here today was talking about how he has lost several of his regulars from his $50 service to people peddling $10 garbage.

We are all struggling with this.

Some will decide to “join them” and reduce price and quality (sometimes via sneaky gig wording), others like me do not find that easy to swallow.

🙂

Another seller here today was talking about how he has lost several of his regulars from his $50 service to people peddling $10 garbage.

We are all struggling with this.

Some will decide to “join them” and reduce price and quality (sometimes via sneaky gig wording), others like me do not find that easy to swallow.

🙂

What do you think about reducing price my friend?

I have plan that, but if I’m doing it and then my repeat customer come back, I just afraid that they will be disappointed cause they purchase a higher cost before.

What do you think about reducing price my friend?

I have plan that, but if I’m doing it and then my repeat customer come back, I just afraid that they will be disappointed cause they purchase a higher cost before.

Price is a dangerous game.

As you say, it indicates you were “charging too much before” as well as having to climb back again later - which is another battle with dubious merit.

My take is that those waving pitchforks for lower prices are the last people i want to work for. They will steal before they show any honor.

If anything, it may be a sign to put up prices so that there is a clearer line between the garbage merchants fighting for, and delivering scraps, and myself who is offering quality work.

Ferrari don’t drop their prices in an recession. They know that real supercar buyers are still buying supercars regardless of what the unwashed masses are shouting about today 😉

What you do is up to you and I cannot say. I will say though to have a very clear idea of which battle you are looking to fight and where you need to have your army to fight that right. (Sun Tzu and all that).

🙂

Price is a dangerous game.

As you say, it indicates you were “charging too much before” as well as having to climb back again later - which is another battle with dubious merit.

My take is that those waving pitchforks for lower prices are the last people i want to work for. They will steal before they show any honor.

If anything, it may be a sign to put up prices so that there is a clearer line between the garbage merchants fighting for, and delivering scraps, and myself who is offering quality work.

Ferrari don’t drop their prices in an recession. They know that real supercar buyers are still buying supercars regardless of what the unwashed masses are shouting about today 😉

What you do is up to you and I cannot say. I will say though to have a very clear idea of which battle you are looking to fight and where you need to have your army to fight that right. (Sun Tzu and all that).

🙂

This is nice, thank you.

I am not confident to keep up with my price.

Yes you right, Ferrari don’t drop their price.

There is always a market for those who want a quality and that is what I’m going to fight for.

Thank you very much for your advise my friend.

Archived