"Buyers' Request" Section VS. GIG Ranking!

assisstantx

Hello everyone.

Since almost no experienced seller here has escaped the trap of Fiverr’s algorithm system, I was wondering can a seller rely on the “Buyers’ Request” section as a plan B (not once or twice, but for a lengthy-period)?

Have you had a time when you had more orders through the “Buyers’ Request” section than through customers reaching you by search?

I hope anyone shares their experiences!

Thanks.

I would rely on the Buyer Requests page only for laughs and sheer bafflement from the ridiculous requests that are posted there. Of course, individual results may vary…

Unless you are willing to jump on the plethora of requests with insultingly low payment and compete against dozens to hundreds of other desperate sellers, trying to make the Buyer Requests section a source of regular orders is extremely challenging or not even worthwhile to do.

I would rely on the Buyer Requests page only for laughs and sheer bafflement from the ridiculous requests that are posted there. Of course, individual results may vary…

Unless you are willing to jump on the plethora of requests with insultingly low payment and compete against dozens to hundreds of other desperate sellers, trying to make the Buyer Requests section a source of regular orders is extremely challenging or not even worthwhile to do.

It is indeed,

I guess what people who feel they have little other option is that at least with BR, they can feel like something might happen.

With a spread of Gigs that never get more than insulting offers (and that’s a good week), how might one realistically transition to relying on income from the Gig alone?

This is the point when people get vague. Some Gigs sell, some do not. Some people get work, some do not. Many poorly presented gigs (look like rubbish sellers) have plenty of sales, many who look like a quality seller have none.

I have Gig sellers come to me to solve the problems that they cannot manage in the work they have landed (or want to land). This says that I am at least their equal (or better), yet work goes to them and not me. Is this just a place where only garbage sells? If so, where are the people who want quality work from quality sellers (for a fair price i.e. not $1ph or less)

What are the actual things that make the difference?

This is what people really feel they need to know.

🙂

Hello everyone.

Since almost no experienced seller here has escaped the trap of Fiverr’s algorithm system, I was wondering can a seller rely on the “Buyers’ Request” section as a plan B (not once or twice, but for a lengthy-period)?

Have you had a time when you had more orders through the “Buyers’ Request” section than through customers reaching you by search?

I hope anyone shares their experiences!

Thanks.

rely on

You can’t really rely on anything.

That said, you can certainly try if you have the time anyway because you don’t have work here or elsewhere.

I don’t think BR alone will be enough for anyone who doesn’t happen to live somewhere with low COL or doesn’t need much income for whatever other reasons, though, see the other replies.

However, if you can score many BR gigs, it might help you regain the favour of The Almighty Algorithm, who knows.

I’ve got some jobs that were worth doing through BR - in fact, I even got my first $1000+ job on Fiverr through BR, but I guess that was a super rare or even legendary item with low drop rate 😉 - and the customers aren’t always what some people on the forum like to call $5 buyers either, but, yes, there are many buyers and gigs that better wouldn’t be touched by anyone, and if with a long pole. That applies to some jobs and people popping into your inbox, too, though, including ones that, from a purely financial aspect, might be worth it.

IMO, BR isn’t really a Plan B tactic, but more the Initial Plan for when you are new, to try to get your gig off the ground, to show the algorithm that you can make use of your initial exposure, to get the coveted social proof via reviews, and to gain experience with how the system as a whole works, with how to deal with Fiverr specifics, with how to deal with some kinds of customers you may never had to deal with “in real life”, … Finally, you can get some laughs and some good stories out of it.

Your mileage may vary, according to luck, to what you’re expecting out of it, to your ability to deal with people, to your tolerance level for BS, and to your zen level. 😉

I’ve never, and never would, rely on buyer requests. I can’t even remember the last time I bothered responding to any job postings in there. At least a year ago and that was because it was clearly a professional buyer with a respectable budget for the job. I ended up getting the job and she said she only posted in there because she was new to Fiverr and didn’t have enough time to shortlist sellers.

Most of the BR have laughable budgets and there’s an awful lot of identical requests from apparently different sellers, so it’s a bit spammy. It can’t hurt to apply in there but if you rely on it you’ll be disappointed.

When I get sucked into the black hole of gig rotation, I enjoy the lull and catch up on my reading.

I wouldn’t rely on Fiverr regardless of anything. Way too often there are stories of people suddenly losing their income for no reason. It happens to a lot of people.
As for BR, I have it as part of my daily routine to scan through them while I’m having a coffee and if something is worthwhile I send an offer. I don’t have figures for how many I get but I know I have got quite a few big orders that way and some regular clients too.
It’s worth remembering that most freelancer sites operate a better version of Buyer Requests so I believe that sometimes people who come from those sites simply like the way they are used to working and post jobs.
There may be a lot of differences in the type of BRs that are posted in different types of services.

I do check out BR eeeeeeeeeevery now and then, once in a blue moon I MIGHT come across something that is worth checking out, but in most cases I go there just to laugh/smirk/facepalm at the ridiculousness. I’m sure BR has worked for some people but personally I’ve never gotten any gigs through it.
As for ranking, back in the day I used to check where my gigs appeared like a maniac but recently I don’t do that. I THINK I appear on the first page now, but I do remember a time I appeared waaaaaaaay in the back.
I might end up on the last page next week, who knows.
I stopped worrying a lot time ago though…

Archived