How important is the gig image or thumbnail?

faahimikbal

I think it depends a bit on the type of Gig you are offering.

For example, if your Gig is to do with anything graphic, it would make sense to have a dynamic Gig image representative of the type of graphic work you do.

Remember, you can add more than one image to a Gig.

Gigs that are not reliant on visuals I think can be best summed up with a lesser type Gig image but greater detail in the Gig description.

I hope that helps.

It is also just my opinion.

I think it depends a bit on the type of Gig you are offering.

For example, if your Gig is to do with anything graphic, it would make sense to have a dynamic Gig image representative of the type of graphic work you do.

Remember, you can add more than one image to a Gig.

Gigs that are not reliant on visuals I think can be best summed up with a lesser type Gig image but greater detail in the Gig description.

I hope that helps.

It is also just my opinion.

i appreciate your opinion

i will use it as a advice. ❤️

Images are very relevant in some gig categories, like graphic design and editing. That being said, use an attractive thumbnail with an appealing design (try not to use ugly or eye-hurting colors lol), fonts and letter size people can easily read, and short, precise information and images —don’t make a mishmash of colors, texts and images because it’s not going to catch attention but the exact opposite. In thumbnails, less is more. Fixed size for Fiverr thumbnail is 550x370, this is important to not cut the image when uploading it.

If you have the possibility, make a professional looking video explaining what you offer in your gig, or if your gig is about video editing, make a sample video where you go above and beyond to show the customer what they will get. I suggest that, if you have good communication skills, appear in the video: people tend to trust more in someone who shows their face. Keep it short and concise too. If you can’t make a professional video or don’t have the resources, don’t do it, is going to do more harm than good to your gig.

If you offer image editing, post at least two samples of the work you do, again, best quality possible. Please make sure all your samples really showcase what you offer, because you need to meet your buyers expectations and more. If you deliver a work that doesn’t match your gig samples, you can also get in trouble, as far as I remember ToS don’t allow misleading gig samples or descriptions.

Good luck and work hard

Archived