Fiverr Changed My Success Score Key Areas After I Proved Them Wrong

Summary:

I informed Fiverr Customer Support that I believe they erroneously calculated the impact of my order cancellations. A few days later, I was informed that there was no discrepancy and that the scores I am seeing are correct. However, the next day, Fiverr removed the Order Cancellations impact from the success score of my main gig. For my secondary gig, they replaced 'Order Cancellation: Strong Negative Impact' with 'Client Satisfaction: Strong Negative Impact' and decreased the impact of Effective Communication from 'Strong Positive' to 'Positive'. Despite all these changes, Fiverr kept my success score unchanged.

Order cancellations are the only key area where a seller could provide tangible figures. It seems like Fiverr manually changes the key areas and their impacts on the gigs of some sellers to maintain their success score at 4 or less one way or another.

Full Description:

28th of April - I informed Fiverr CS that there is a bug in the order cancellations calculation in my two gigs.

My order completions to order cancellations ratio is 247:14. However, 13 out of these cancellations happened due to mistakes or changes of heart of buyers. Proving this fact, Fiverr either kept my order completion rate at 100% or reverted my order completion rate to 100% in these instances. Hence, my actual order completions to order cancellations ratio is as low as 247:1.

image.jpeg.2a6c7c1c35039da0de67bd039c2aefd3.jpeg

Considering I am responsible for only one order cancellation, here are my actual order completions to order cancellations ratios of my gigs.

Business Names and Slogans - 213:1

YouTube Channel Names - 17:0

Deleted Gigs - 17:0

However, after the new level system went live, I received a Strong Negative Impact status on Order Cancellations for my two active gigs. 

image.jpeg.993f29d80287326b77453991f600bd4b.jpegimage.jpeg.8991b74fd536d55f6404c27ab4007f44.jpeg

This ticket is enough to prove there is a bug in the order cancellations calculation. Any sellers who work hard to deliver quality work to their clients, preventing order cancellations arising from client dissatisfaction, should not face injustices like this.

I wish to know when Fiverr will be addressing this issue and changing my erroneously given Order Cancellations status from Strong Negative Impact to Strong Positive Impact in my two active gigs.

3rd of May - I received a response from a Fiverr CS agent that she forwarded my inquiry to the relevant team for further review.

6th of May - The same Fiverr CS agent replied and updated me about the relevant team's review.

image.jpeg.53e29424623b170ed8fc5df0a9ac248a.jpeg

7th of May - Fiverr has changed the success score key areas of my two gigs as shown below, without changing their individual success scores and my main success score.

image.jpeg.52a0a0205b07f8302a5695e3b6cc0f54.jpegimage.jpeg.a224c6218679a34223c639650d616a7f.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Up 4

The whole system is an absolute mess!

I also have a similar issue where Order Cancellations apparently have a Strong Negative Impact despite me only having one cancelation in over a year, and the 1 order was canceled before any order requirements were provided (Fiverr told me that this means I won't be penalized for this).

It seems from your case that they're completely making it up as they go along and are being incredibly dishonest about everything. 

It's honestly ridiculous how nontransparent the new system is. 

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, talogmd said:

I also have a similar issue where Order Cancellations apparently have a Strong Negative Impact despite me only having one cancelation in over a year, and the 1 order was canceled before any order requirements were provided (Fiverr told me that this means I won't be penalized for this).

Pretty sure the success score covers the past 2 years.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, talogmd said:

It's honestly ridiculous how nontransparent the new system is. 

Yes, true. Thank you for your input, @talogmd.

9 minutes ago, talogmd said:

The whole system is an absolute mess!

And you know what the messier part is? Whenever a disheartened seller, like us, expresses their grievances arising from this new level system with proof, there is always a fraction who never seem to have an issue with receiving continuous orders, trying to defend Fiverr like it's their secondary job. They either attempt to nullify your proof or generalize by saying, "You're not the only one, your competitors also face this," or "I also faced this a while back. So, it is what it is." They are probably under the impression that defending Fiverr on this forum is the very reason for their success. Everybody has the right to express their views. No question about that. However, it is very frustrating when that happens every time you post something, especially when you have proved that you are right.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

On 5/9/2024 at 12:13 PM, donnovan86 said:

Pretty sure the success score covers the past 2 years.  

Yeah, so I've had practically no cancelations in 2 years, proving this new system is complete BS. For Fiverr to classify cancelations as having a strong negative impact after having only 1 cancelation since 2022 (and that person not even submitting requirements) means their success score ranking is completely flawed and/or inaccurate. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, talogmd said:

means their success score ranking is completely flawed and/or inaccurate. 

And before that? Since you created the account, did you have cancellations? Because the last 2 years have the most impact, but account-wide cancellations since the beginning are taken into account. 

• Like 3

On 5/9/2024 at 9:55 PM, priyan87 said:

a fraction who never seem to have an issue with receiving continuous orders, trying to defend Fiverr like it's their secondary job.

That is funny!
You may see on this topic:

that only SOME OF US have issues with the new scoring system and some others haven't faced it yet! 

• Like 3