Is it possible to have more visibility on Fiverr without social media?

selenegm

I’m new on Fiverr, I did a nice job with my gig I think, but the problem is that I don’t have any social media (I cancelled my Facebook account and I really do not want to reactivate it) so how can I earn more visibility?!? Please help!!!
Thank you so much,

Selene =)

I think that. If you had social media, it would be much easier to do gig marketing. So No tension. If you spend more time in the Fever forum & read more posts in the Fever forum then your gig will get the impression OK. Thanks. …

NOT true. Just sitting on the forum reading it or replying to posts will NOT get your Gig to get impressions. Not sure where you get your data, but, impressions are how many times your Gig shows up in Fiverr’s pages. This has nothing to do with the forum.

@selenegm As for social media, congrats on dumping FB. I have never used social media to promote my Gigs (been here since 2013) and have done fine.

What type of services do you offer? One way to lead people to your Gig is to create a blog writing about your services or if it is artistic, using IG to post your stuff. Depends on what you are selling.

GG

NOT true. Just sitting on the forum reading it or replying to posts will NOT get your Gig to get impressions. Not sure where you get your data, but, impressions are how many times your Gig shows up in Fiverr’s pages. This has nothing to do with the forum.

@selenegm As for social media, congrats on dumping FB. I have never used social media to promote my Gigs (been here since 2013) and have done fine.

What type of services do you offer? One way to lead people to your Gig is to create a blog writing about your services or if it is artistic, using IG to post your stuff. Depends on what you are selling.

GG

Hi there! First of all thank you very much for your answer.

My service is translations of any kind of document from and to italian-spanish-english, so as you can imagine there’s a lot of competition there and I am concerned that without any social media to help me promote my gig, this will be much more difficult.

You mentioned that you are doing fine without them, can you please let me know how do you earn visibility on Fiverr? Thanks a lot!

-S-

My service is translations of any kind of document from and to italian-spanish-english, so as you can imagine there’s a lot of competition there and I am concerned that without any social media to help me promote my gig, this will be much more difficult.

You mentioned that you are doing fine without them, can you please let me know how do you earn visibility on Fiverr? Thanks a lot!

-S-

Well, I have been on Fiverr since early 2013 - so there was much less competition at that time.

I have quite a few regulars who come often for my services - and many new people as well, so, I would imagine they are finding me in the search. I NEVER look at where I am in the listings, never look at my impressions or clicks - I think too many people get upset/discouraged if they obsess over those things.

I have my own site that is a blog and I write articles there. But, I do not have a link to Fiverr on it as I prefer to keep the clients I have been able to get to my site on my site!

I am not sure how one would write a blog about translation - I think getting orders here for a newbie in that category would be looking at the Buyer’s Requests, making sure your keywords are utilized, do not offer unlimited revisions or a money back guarantee, and that your Gig is written well.

GG

Guest lloydsolutions

I think that. If you had social media, it would be much easier to do gig marketing. So No tension. If you spend more time in the Fever forum & read more posts in the Fever forum then your gig will get the impression OK. Thanks. …

So No tension. If you spend more time in the Fever forum & read more posts in the Fever forum then your gig will get the impression

Stop spreading false information.

Well, I have been on Fiverr since early 2013 - so there was much less competition at that time.

I have quite a few regulars who come often for my services - and many new people as well, so, I would imagine they are finding me in the search. I NEVER look at where I am in the listings, never look at my impressions or clicks - I think too many people get upset/discouraged if they obsess over those things.

I have my own site that is a blog and I write articles there. But, I do not have a link to Fiverr on it as I prefer to keep the clients I have been able to get to my site on my site!

I am not sure how one would write a blog about translation - I think getting orders here for a newbie in that category would be looking at the Buyer’s Requests, making sure your keywords are utilized, do not offer unlimited revisions or a money back guarantee, and that your Gig is written well.

GG

Thank you for your tips GG!

Hopefully they will notice me!

I would like to be on the first pages so that people could see me easily so if anybody has some tips for this pls let me know.

-S-

send 10 BR daily, use impactful keywords in your title and description of the gigs, and keep improving your gigs…

send 10 BR daily, use impactful keywords in your title and description of the gigs, and keep improving your gigs…

keep improving your gigs…

This little tidbit is not that great of advice.

If you go and keep editing or “improving” your Gigs, they will be taken out of search at times for hours and sometimes for days or longer - while Fiverr approves them.

Make your Gig right the FIRST time. That way you do not have to keep going back and editing it, which will impact where you land in the pages.

Everyone wants to be on the 1st page - but, even those who have been here a long time or are TRS can have our Gigs taken out of rotation, land on the last pages or in some black hole - no one here is guaranteed a 1st page spot here. They rotate the Gigs on a continuous basis.

GG

keep improving your gigs…

This little tidbit is not that great of advice.

If you go and keep editing or “improving” your Gigs, they will be taken out of search at times for hours and sometimes for days or longer - while Fiverr approves them.

Make your Gig right the FIRST time. That way you do not have to keep going back and editing it, which will impact where you land in the pages.

Everyone wants to be on the 1st page - but, even those who have been here a long time or are TRS can have our Gigs taken out of rotation, land on the last pages or in some black hole - no one here is guaranteed a 1st page spot here. They rotate the Gigs on a continuous basis.

GG

I agree but not all the new sellers do know about the ‘BEST GIGS’ initially.

I agree but not all the new sellers do know about the ‘BEST GIGS’ initially.

Either way. Bad advice. When one keeps tweaking their Gigs it sends them out of rotation and could very well land their Gigs in a black hole never to be seen again.

Do you edit your Gigs daily? I doubt it.

Somehow, I think there are some saboteurs looking to trip up newbies on the forum tonight. 😸

GG

Either way. Bad advice. When one keeps tweaking their Gigs it sends them out of rotation and could very well land their Gigs in a black hole never to be seen again.

Do you edit your Gigs daily? I doubt it.

Somehow, I think there are some saboteurs looking to trip up newbies on the forum tonight. 😸

GG

LOL I think so too.

Anyways, thak you very much for the info

look ,if you want to more visibility you have to share your gig link with social media .
fiverr is only for the freelancer (buyer and seller)

but most of the people use social media. if you want to reach theme you have to share your gig link in social media.because this is the only and easily reach people .if you don’t want to use facebook than you can share other platform

don’t share false news if you don’t know the right thing

LOL I think so too.

Anyways, thak you very much for the info

The Fiverr recommend share the gigs on social media… BUT i never see a biggest seller share or recommend to share in social media. If you do that you will be just wasting your time!

The Social Media just will be userful if you have potential clients in your social media. In other case don’t will bring new clients. My advice is use the Buyer Request Page to conquest the first clients.

The Fiverr recommend share the gigs on social media… BUT i never see a biggest seller share or recommend to share in social media. If you do that you will be just wasting your time!

The Social Media just will be userful if you have potential clients in your social media. In other case don’t will bring new clients. My advice is use the Buyer Request Page to conquest the first clients.

If you do that you will be just wasting your time!

You are only wasting your time IF you are sharing on social media willy nilly - what good is it going to do to share your Gig on your personal FB, Twitter or other social media? Do your kids, parents or college buddies need what you offer in your Gig? Probably not. The only way social media sharing of your Gig works is if you are sharing it to a targeted audience that is already primed to be interested in what you have to sell.

I had a FB page for my Fiverr account but paused it years ago. I do not “share” my Fiverr link on any social media and do fine.

GG

the Fever forum

I do apologize, but reading that brought a smile to my face.

Between Fiber and Fever, I would choose Fiber. 😁

don’t b worried about that. you can share your gig by another social media like twitter github linkedin vimeo .hopefully you will get success as soon as possible

:rofl: you’re recommending other social media rather than Facebook but maybe I didn’t explain myself well… I DO NOT USE ANY SOCIAL MEDIA

I’m not sure if social media helps or not. I never shared my gig on social media and also dumped FB last year and feel much better off for having done it!

I have occasionally updated my gig description and information as I’ve gained more experience and realised that I need to add more information for clients. Particularly the FAQ’s, which are essentially my personal terms and conditions. Yes, it can hit gig visibility as the changes need to be checked, but it’s never had a huge impact on me. If I need to make updates now, I usually wait until I’m about to set myself to out of office or before the weekend when things are generally a bit quieter.

Being active on the forum is neither here not there in terms of improving gig rankings. This nugget of false information is all over the forum and it’s maddening.

Also, don’t fret over setting out of office. There are also plenty of horror stories flying around that it will send your gig plummeting to the bottom of the gig rankings. It won’t. Again, I’ve always had new orders within a couple of days of being active again. We need rest, we need downtime, we need to spend time with friends and loved ones. Being a freelancer does come with its challenges, but it’s about freedom as well. Don’t allow yourself to be held hostage by statistics or false information.

I’m not sure if social media helps or not. I never shared my gig on social media and also dumped FB last year and feel much better off for having done it!

I have occasionally updated my gig description and information as I’ve gained more experience and realised that I need to add more information for clients. Particularly the FAQ’s, which are essentially my personal terms and conditions. Yes, it can hit gig visibility as the changes need to be checked, but it’s never had a huge impact on me. If I need to make updates now, I usually wait until I’m about to set myself to out of office or before the weekend when things are generally a bit quieter.

Being active on the forum is neither here not there in terms of improving gig rankings. This nugget of false information is all over the forum and it’s maddening.

Also, don’t fret over setting out of office. There are also plenty of horror stories flying around that it will send your gig plummeting to the bottom of the gig rankings. It won’t. Again, I’ve always had new orders within a couple of days of being active again. We need rest, we need downtime, we need to spend time with friends and loved ones. Being a freelancer does come with its challenges, but it’s about freedom as well. Don’t allow yourself to be held hostage by statistics or false information.

THANK YOU @leannelrivers … I guess the most difficult thing is to get the first client

THANK YOU @leannelrivers … I guess the most difficult thing is to get the first client

It can take a little time. I got my first order within 2 weeks of making my gig live. I just trusted that as long as my gig was professional and that I could deliver what I promised then the clients would come, and they did! Expect the best 🙂

Archived