Stay away from scammers. New scam roaming around

donnovan86

I had someone harassing me from multiple accounts for months and when they started placing multiple blank orders (zero requirements submitted), CS told me: “The buyer won’t be bothering you again”. And whatever they did, it worked, because I never heard from that person again.

So maybe fiverr has ways of dealing with situations like this. Not with the general rudeness and threats (they seemed to be kind of indifferent to those) but with multiple “fake” orders specifically designed to tank your account if it ever comes to that.

Sorry that you have to deal with this.

I had someone harassing me from multiple accounts for months and when they started placing multiple blank orders (zero requirements submitted), CS told me: “The buyer won’t be bothering you again”. And whatever they did, it worked, because I never heard from that person again.

So maybe fiverr has ways of dealing with situations like this. Not with the general rudeness and threats (they seemed to be kind of indifferent to those) but with multiple “fake” orders specifically designed to tank your account if it ever comes to that.

Sorry that you have to deal with this.

@donnovan86

Sorry to hear this.

Nobody want to get a scam buyer like this.

Hopefully you can get past this bad situation asap.

CS told me: “The buyer won’t be bothering you again”. And whatever they did, it worked, because I never heard from that person again.

This a very great news from Fiverr CS 🙂

@donnovan86

Sorry to hear this.

Nobody want to get a scam buyer like this.

Hopefully you can get past this bad situation asap.

CS told me: “The buyer won’t be bothering you again”. And whatever they did, it worked, because I never heard from that person again.

This a very great news from Fiverr CS 🙂

I agree, it was pretty bad, I am one of the most positive poeple out there, but this really ruined my day when it happened. Thankfully it was late, and customer support was very fast in dealing with this.

Some guy called (The made me to erase his name) stole my adsense account, i had issues with adsense limitation. He wants 800 dollars to have my account bag. I was about to receive a payment of 700. Im screwed.If someone has contact with adsense support i will appreciate. That income is really important to me because i feed my family. I live in Latin America, it´s a really important income.

Mod Note: Screenshot removed. Please remove the username before reposting.

Hi, you can report him

It’d be nice if Fiverr also banned the IP address of such “wonderful” buyers, but that can be circumvented easily as well. Creating multiple accounts to obsessively and maliciously damage your profile do not seem to be logical actions a supposed poor, downtrodden parent should be committing.

Those scammers most probably operate through a VPN which would make them, atleast for Fiverr, invisible. A ban would result in nothing, or simply a change of the server location.

I have had similar things happen before. In each instance, I reached out to Support and made a case that I didn’t deserve to be penalized for them cancelling their order. Just explain as well as you can. This isn’t guaranteed, but the support folks have always helped me out.

I have had similar things happen before. In each instance, I reached out to Support and made a case that I didn’t deserve to be penalized for them cancelling their order. Just explain as well as you can. This isn’t guaranteed, but the support folks have always helped me out.

The issue was solved, both orders were canceled. Since I have a larger number of orders monthly, I can’t know for sure if it affected me or not. Support said it won’t affect me, so I believe them.

No sign of that person, I assume getting their money back solved the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Look what happened to me a few hours ago.

I completed the order for this person, they asked for a refund a day after, but before asking for a refund they begged for their money back. They said they have a small child and can’t afford sustaining him.

Once I refused, I got these messages, calling me greedy because I said I should get paid for the work I did. Guess what, they placed another order and threatened me to place another so I can get penalized.

So there are plenty of bad apples on Fiverr. At least you got lucky, now I will most likely end up with cancellation penalties. The sad thing is not only did I provide a very well researched article, but the “revision” they requested needed some extra words, so I did that too. I said, maybe he will tip me at the end…

I wanted to share my experience so others can identify red flags and stay away from such buyers. In my case, he placed the order directly without communication, so the order was doomed from the start since he obviously wanted to cancel.

Take care!

money back. They said they have a small child and can’t afford sustaining him.

Once I refused, I got these messages, calling me greedy because I said I should get paid for the work I did. Guess what, they placed another order and threatened me to place another so I can get penalized.

So there are plenty of bad apples on Fiverr. At least you got lucky, now I will most likely end up with cancellation penalti

Wow, I’ve gotten 10 scam messages from the same person on Fiverr, at least they were promptly removed!

Archived