Suggestion, Buyers can't contact you with just "Hello"

timdolbear

Same here.

For me, I find that just going for a walk clears my head and gets me back on track.

I try to do this almost daily and am at the point where I look forward to getting outside.

I also try not to think much about my heart condition.

One thing that has really helped me a lot is sharing my journey on FB and IG.

I am a local elected official in the small town I live in (in Southern BC) so I am well-known in these parts and by “dragging people along the way” I have somehow helped others. I am often called an inspiration, which makes me feel like I’m doing something right. I also don’t have to explain my situation to too many locals as they all seem to be following along.

Anyway, I didn’t mean to “hijack” this thread, but you got me on a topic I’m passionate about.

Be well and thanks!

Awesome! Community support is the best.

I agree with you. There should be a minimum of words. I got a Buyer like that. It was super annoying. He dis answer to me after his “hello”, but he was super vague. It felt like I was trying to extract top secret national defense informations, just to know what he wanted. He eventually stopped answering after wasting my time for 2 hours (most of that time was spent waiting for a 2-3 words vague answer).

It went like this:

-Hello.

-Hi! What can I do for you?

Half an hour later…

-I want a drawing.

-Sure! But I’m going to need more details. ( Precise description of what you want, the resolution, file format, ect. ) The more detail you give me to more accurate I can be.

45 minutes later…

-It’s for an album cover.

:woman_facepalming:

Recently one of my buyer has done same thing. He messaged me every 24hours distance. Finally I do not agree to work with him.

Recently one of my buyer has done same thing. He messaged me every 24hours distance. Finally I do not agree to work with him.

I think you did the right thing. If the communication is hard from the start, chances are it won’t be better once you work on the order. You probably saved yourself a lot of headaches.

My response rate is under an hour, usually within a few minutes. I am a TR seller, not a newbie.

At a minimum they can write, “hello, I need to get XXX done, are you available?”

“Hello” by itself always leads to either nothing, spam or a request that has nothing to do with the gig, like can you teach me how to do what you do.

Just like you can not leave a 1 word review, it should be the same for contacting buyers.

I agree with you. There should be a minimum of words.

Archived