Editing your gig frequently

andrewlockwood

Hi,

Most sellers didn’t notice this untill they do it, sometimes editing your gig often will be considered as a spam service by fiverr so they will remove it from the search untill they review it. This might take 3-10 days and it’s not good for your gig. So I highly recommend to create your gig professionally at the 1st place. Otherwise they think it as a poor quality service. Make sure and confident about your service before creating the gig.

favicon-32x32.png.14c9b336502c81eac3784a74b9decbfb.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.369917b8a8c29a47df8a97781ce76ebd.png

Fiverr's Terms of Service

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

I hope this might help you!
Best Regard!

Hi,

Most sellers didn’t notice this untill they do it, sometimes editing your gig often will be considered as a spam service by fiverr so they will remove it from the search untill they review it. This might take 3-10 days and it’s not good for your gig. So I highly recommend to create your gig professionally at the 1st place. Otherwise they think it as a poor quality service. Make sure and confident about your service before creating the gig.

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

I hope this might help you!

Best Regard!

This might take 3-10 days and it’s not good for your gig

You don’t have any proof of this whatsoever and we don’t know how the algorithm works, so saying that your Gig doesn’t appear in search results for 10 days is false.

In fact, it’s actually the opposite for me. Once I edit a Gig, add new information, I get a message or an order within an hour or so. I may be popular on the services I offer, but there would be way too many coincidences at the same time, like gaining more interest immediately, so from my perspective, it helps me to gain some clients. And even after editing a Gig, I just check out my own category for curiosity, and I am still standing on the front page.

So I highly recommend to create your gig professionally at the 1st place

…and never update the Gig? I mean, If I was some sort of algorithm and I would see that the Gig was last time edited 5 years ago, I would think the Gig is just pretty dead and the seller not updating the information or photos and doesn’t care general.

If you are just sitting there, not updating anything, you won’t attract new customers that might be interested in your services. It’s not a tip, but I enjoy editing my Gig, improving description over time, thinking of ideas to attract more buyers. And I don’t see anything bad about it, improving helps us in a lot of ways.

You don’t have any proof of this whatsoever and we don’t know how the algorithm works, so saying that your Gig doesn’t appear in search results for 10 days is false.

In fact, it’s actually the opposite for me. Once I edit a Gig, add new information, I get a message or an order within an hour or so. I may be popular on the services I offer, but there would be way too many coincidences at the same time, like gaining more interest immediately, so from my perspective, it helps me to gain some clients. And even after editing a Gig, I just check out my own category for curiosity, and I am still standing on the front page.

…and never update the Gig? I mean, If I was some sort of algorithm and I would see that the Gig was last time edited 5 years ago, I would think the Gig is just pretty dead and the seller not updating the information or photos and doesn’t care general.

If you are just sitting there, not updating anything, you won’t attract new customers that might be interested in your services. It’s not a tip, but I enjoy editing my Gig, improving description over time, thinking of ideas to attract more buyers. And I don’t see anything bad about it, improving helps us in a lot of ways.

1. What I mean was they might take 3-10 days to reply. ( Competitions in our countries are really high) And you forgot the word “frequently” I clearly mentioned it for a reason. If you edit your gig frequently like 3-6 times in a short time gig will not appear on search. This is not my personal opinion. This happens to me. I have been a level 2 seller for more than 1 year and this was one of my experiences.

Please read their terms of services

favicon-32x32.png.d580641cd2d39240f294c37288f1e693.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.de1bb5f20c6d04801180afa6432d7920.png

They clearly mentioned " * Gigs may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct. " in their terms of services

1. No, You are going the wrong path. again you have been forgotten the word " frequently " yes I don’t know about their algorithm, I don’t think anyone knows about it. It’s only my experience.

I’m just trying to help newbies with my experiences. Thank you so much for your reply!

1. What I mean was they might take 3-10 days to reply. ( Competitions in our countries are really high) And you forgot the word “frequently” I clearly mentioned it for a reason. If you edit your gig frequently like 3-6 times in a short time gig will not appear on search. This is not my personal opinion. This happens to me. I have been a level 2 seller for more than 1 year and this was one of my experiences.

They clearly mentioned " * Gigs may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct. " in their terms of services

1. No, You are going the wrong path. again you have been forgotten the word " frequently " yes I don’t know about their algorithm, I don’t think anyone knows about it. It’s only my experience.

I’m just trying to help newbies with my experiences. Thank you so much for your reply!

Competitions in our countries are really high

Fiverr is worldwide (competition), so not sure why you are mentioning it by a country.

frequently I clearly mentioned it for a reason.

You clearly wrote that you recommend creating a gig in the first place (and not to edit), which confused me a bit, but I see where you are coming from.

you have been forgotten the word " frequently

I did. Because it wasn’t mentioned in the topic, only the title which was cut out on the main page for me, so didn’t really see that, whoops 🤫

like 3-6 times in a short time

Yes, I totally agree with you on this one. It might not be as effective to edit multiple times in a frequent way, but editing one at a time will have an impact (in a good way).

Thanks. 👍

Oh no, I renew almost every week so I could never go to the main page. Thanks for information!

I wouldn’t say renewing every week would be bad. I always did that when I was a new seller on Fiverr, and everything worked just fine.

I could never go to the main page

That depends on the competition and popularity.

It’s worth mentioning that you are a new seller with just a few orders, and you are currently competing with 10,500 other sellers on your logo design category. It’s very hard and challenging to go through.

Competitions in our countries are really high

Yes our countries so it can be yours or mine, I didn’t mention only my country.

You clearly wrote that you recommend creating a gig in the first place (and not to edit), which confused me a bit, but I see where you are coming from.

Again You are not connecting my topic with the description. creating a good quality gig in the first place and not to edit it frequently.

Actually, I hope this conversation will be helpful to newbies. Thank you so much for sending your thoughts on this.

I wouldn’t say renewing every week would be bad. I always did that when I was a new seller on Fiverr, and everything worked just fine.

I could never go to the main page

That depends on the competition and popularity.

It’s worth mentioning that you are a new seller with just a few orders, and you are currently competing with 10,500 other sellers on your logo design category. It’s very hard and challenging to go through.

currently competing with 10,500 other sellers

That’s right. Waiting without doing anything and not refreshing your profile is like preparing your own funeral. It’s hard to stand out unless you’re doing extraordinary work.

currently competing with 10,500 other sellers

That’s right. Waiting without doing anything and not refreshing your profile is like preparing your own funeral. It’s hard to stand out unless you’re doing extraordinary work.

What I did was I did research on my category a lot before creating the gig on Fiverr. And It gave me an idea about the level of quality I need to showcase on my gigs.

thanks dear ,I have edited my gig .for this reason i was feeling disappointed , your comments make me happy & pleasure .thanks dear .

thanks dear ,I have edited my gig .for this reason i was feeling disappointed , your comments make me happy & pleasure .thanks dear .

Hi, You don’t need to worry or disappointed. You can check it manually whether your gig is active or not by following link,

favicon-32x32.png.64c9a362744f1e04d9a6172cfe30bf7f.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.e2b2ab97ba11b86c0ca359011b9b1768.png

Login to Fiverr

Fiverr is the world's largest freelance services marketplace for lean entrepreneurs to focus on growth & create a successful business at affordable costs.

Please don’t worry or get confused.

Actually, many sellers have noticed that, after they edit their gig, it disappears from search for a while (a day, a few days, a week, sometimes longer). Some have even had to contact CS to get their gigs back in search.

Now, I’m not saying that sellers shouldn’t edit their gigs. If editing is going to improve it, it’s a good thing to do. But it can disappear from search for a while.

Actually, many sellers have noticed that, after they edit their gig, it disappears from search for a while (a day, a few days, a week, sometimes longer). Some have even had to contact CS to get their gigs back in search.

Now, I’m not saying that sellers shouldn’t edit their gigs. If editing is going to improve it, it’s a good thing to do. But it can disappear from search for a while.

Some have even had to contact CS to get their gigs back in search.

Yes, I’ve heard of this too. But it has to do something with bugs, not an actual intentional algorithm feature. If it wasn’t a bug, they wouldn’t have helped to raise up/put them in search results manually, they would say something different instead with one of their auto-responses.

Archived