PRomotion abuse

umemaa

Account Blocked! Your account was flagged for promotion abuse

Username
Usamahabib452
MY Account has been blocked with the following email text, please anybody guide me what is the reason?

Your account was flagged for promotion abuse. As a result, your Fiverr account was disabled.
To maintain the integrity and quality of our marketplace, we do not accept any attempt to manipulate or hack any of Fiverr’s campaigns.

Due to your account being disabled, you cannot log in or withdraw any funds you may have.
If you have any funds available for withdrawal 90 days from now, you will get an email with instructions explaining how to withdraw.
This email will be sent automatically and there is no need to contact customer support

Did you use any advertisement?

Did you send messages to buyers?

What did you do in the last two months on Fiverr?

I just unsub the promotion offer that has been active for 3 months

Also it said that you can turn off at any time you want

I just unsub the promotion offer that has been active for 3 months

Also it said that you can turn off at any time you want

Do you mean you just turned off the promotion of your gig(s) - that you can get to from the “promoted gigs” option from the dashboard - and then later it gave that message?

Or did you try and get more out of the free promotion (where they give $10 free promotion gift) or try enter a promotion code somewhere (eg. that wasn’t valid)?

Or did you click on any gigs a lot (or have something do that) that you knew were being promoted?

If you didn’t do anything wrong you could explain that/what happened in the email to support. If they can see you did nothing wrong (maybe it could be due to a bug if it incorrectly thinks you did something wrong with promotions) I assume you’d get your account restored.

Do you mean you just turned off the promotion of your gig(s) - that you can get to from the “promoted gigs” option from the dashboard - and then later it gave that message?

Or did you try and get more out of the free promotion (where they give $10 free promotion gift) or try enter a promotion code somewhere (eg. that wasn’t valid)?

Or did you click on any gigs a lot (or have something do that) that you knew were being promoted?

If you didn’t do anything wrong you could explain that/what happened in the email to support. If they can see you did nothing wrong (maybe it could be due to a bug if it incorrectly thinks you did something wrong with promotions) I assume you’d get your account restored.

I just turn it off nothing else

I m waiting desperately for their rply

According to the team leader for the “promoted gigs” feature, Fiverr has all kinds of ways to detect suspicious behavior.

Whether that’s you clicking on competitor’s gigs or manipulating your promotion.

It’s completely automated, so if the system flagged you that means something fishy went down. If you suspect that happened in error, contact CS and try to straighten it out.

Derek (Fiverr Customer Support)

Dec 16, 2020, 7:57 AM EST

Hello there,

I can understand how this is a shock to you which is why I immediately went ahead and checked this for you.

Our system has detected irregular activity originating from your electronic location. After further review, we noticed that you may have abused the referral program by spamming other users. As a result, we have permanently disabled your account for violations of our Terms of Service.

Any remaining funds that were placed in your shopping balance from your now-canceled orders will be refunded back to your source of payment if it’s still within the refund time period that allows us to provide the refund. If it’s beyond that time period, we will request that our tech team allows you to withdraw your shopping balance as revenue.

With all this being said I would like to add that your account was not permanently disabled due to promotion abuse.

The decision made by our Trust & Safety Team is permanent and cannot be changed which is why I am unable to help you

At one point they have said its about promotion abuse

And in the end they are saying that its not relating to promotion

Also i have not marked any user as spam

Pls help me

I m all ruined 😢

it’s not against the tos to mark unwanted messages as spam… the problem is if you’re messages that you sent are being marked as spam … have you contacted your previous buyers and asked if they need more work from you by chance?

Pls help me

I m all ruined 😢

They said:

we noticed that you may have abused the referral program by spamming other users.

Maybe they thought you sent sent unwanted messages with your Fiverr referral link to users.

I agree that part isn’t clear. It says after the system found irregular activity from your location, after they reviewed it, they said “you may have abused the referral program by spamming other users” (though they said “may” not that you did) and that they permanently disabled you account for violations of the terms of service".

They also say “your account was not permanently disabled due to promotion abuse”. Since they say it was permanently disabled for that reason maybe them think you were abusing the referral programme by spamming was not the sole reason for the account being permanently disabled. Maybe there were other reasons too, though they should really say if there there were other reasons and what they were (maybe you could ask. Maybe you could apologise to CS for sending too many messages or what they think is spam with a referral link if you did and try to get the account restored. Though it might not help as they say they can’t you).

Archived