Any Luck With "Promoted Gigs" Feature?

looseink

Exactly it looks like an analytics bug across both promoted and unpromoted gigs.

Well I am not receiving any new messages or anything from promoted gigs, so I tend to believe it’s just the system not working if you are not in search. Which makes sense for me. Who knows, I will update when things change. I am still rather upset that payment system errors that eventually lead to cancellations are counted as seller cancellations, even if I had nothing to do with that. It certainly messed up my ranking, as soon as that number started to raise significantly, I started getting less new inquiries, to the point where I have no customers aside from old ones.

• Like 21
  • Sad 1

Guest humanissocial

Well I am not receiving any new messages or anything from promoted gigs, so I tend to believe it’s just the system not working if you are not in search. Which makes sense for me. Who knows, I will update when things change. I am still rather upset that payment system errors that eventually lead to cancellations are counted as seller cancellations, even if I had nothing to do with that. It certainly messed up my ranking, as soon as that number started to raise significantly, I started getting less new inquiries, to the point where I have no customers aside from old ones.

It’s so annoying that things that buyers do wrong affect our ratings and ranking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, donnovan86 said:

Of course, but then again, even the worst ad would get a few impressions. I’ve been using this on multiple gigs and none got even a single impression. So… clearly if you’re removed from search for some reason, this will not help you in any way.

Did your rankings come back? If so, how many weeks did it take? I’m also experiencing that at the moment.

please do reply

• Like 19

6 hours ago, lasanthawije said:
On 12/12/2020 at 5:31 AM, donnovan86 said:

Of course, but then again, even the worst ad would get a few impressions. I’ve been using this on multiple gigs and none got even a single impression. So… clearly if you’re removed from search for some reason, this will not help you in any way.

It depends on how many gigs you complete, if you cancel stuff, if you are late, etc.

• Like 18

• 3 months later...
On 10/16/2021 at 4:43 PM, donnovan86 said:

It depends on how many gigs you complete, if you cancel stuff, if you are late, etc.

@donnovan86When you get lost on the search, I assume your promoted gig status is unqualified?

Is that right? Cause I'm facing the same problem.
I'm full understand if Fiverr want to apply some strict rules to be able to promote gig. 
My question is, I assume that you are back to search at now, did you use promoted gig again? Cause I see that you have a lot of orders, which means it has a bigger risk for getting some cancellation or negative reviews, which can affect your promoted gig section.

If you don't use it, I believe you might still have cancellation or negative reviews.
When it comes with the negative reviews / cancellation, does it make your gig disappear again from search page like before? Or just pushed back a couple page while your other gig can still running well?

I am in state waiting for my gig to get back to search.
Once it get back, I need to decide whether I will use promoted gig again or working with natural organic ranking, cause if we use promoted and stated unqualified, it will like block our gig from search page (I'm taking this statement from @amirbeno, that said once at this form, that promoted gig is on top of search page, so if our gig identified as low quality, it will block our gig from search engine).

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, gunawanguan said:

@donnovan86When you get lost on the search, I assume your promoted gig status is unqualified?

It can be hard to know. I am rarely removed from search, unless I have a lot of cancellations (even if it's my fault or not when I cancel, as a seller I always end up penalized for the cancellation). 

I am using promoted gigs, but they don't really give me that many sales, even if I have the highest bid they ask there. So I don't rely on that as much. 

• Like 19

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

It can be hard to know. I am rarely removed from search, unless I have a lot of cancellations (even if it's my fault or not when I cancel, as a seller I always end up penalized for the cancellation). 

I am using promoted gigs, but they don't really give me that many sales, even if I have the highest bid they ask there. So I don't rely on that as much. 

@donnovan86are you still using it?
I am still looking for the answer, not anyone in this forum can reply, not even SSM, or Fiverr support.
I know it because my english language is not good enough so that's why I can't explain it well.

Maybe you can understand what I mean and share some light to me.
So when we use promoted gig and suddenly one of our gig identified as low quality because of some metric that we don't know, we will be thrown out of the latest page on every search page. Even for the gig that is performing well, it just get pushed to the very back of the search page.

I accidentally found an answer from Amir Beno, Fiverr Promoted Gig manager, he said that promoted gig is on top of search page, it means if our gig identified as low quality, it will block that gig from search page. That make sense, explaining why my gig has been placed on the very end of each search page, because it get "blocked".

It seems that Fiverr want every seller that use promoted gig to be responsible for every customer they get from that features so Fiverr apply some additional metrics to keep every seller that use this features delivering quality job. But the thing is, even if we do our best to work, not every customer can be made satisfied, especially in my service, which is graphic design. So they might cancel the job or gave negative review (this is what I assume can make our gig unqualified).

But Fiverr is the boss. If they want it like that, I can understand and follow their strict rules.
But I just wondering, how if we didn't use promoted gig, does this heavy metrics still applied to us? Or can we compete with other seller just like the way it is before. I mean if one of our gig is performing gig, it can get better rank. And if one of our gig is not performing well because of cancellation and negative review, it will affect only this 1 gig, not the whole gig.

I'm sorry for the long story.
I just need to confirm this thing, cause my gig has been stated as unqualified and I assume it because of cancellation and negative review and I think it should be back in no time.
So I have to make a decision, whether I will use it again or not?

Thank you for your time to read, and again, sorry for the long story.
I've been trying to look for this answer anywhere and can't find it.

• Like 19

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 8:08 PM, gunawanguan said:

It's okay, thank you for your time my friend 🙏

For your first questions about promoting gig feature, I would recommend to not use it because if you will use it and then after some cancellations or bad reviews or if your gig will not perform well then promoting gig feature will be disable for you for some time and then after that it will be hard enough to rank your gig organically. I have never used promoting gig feature but I am an experienced seller here and I have done a lot of research and listening to my friends or some other guys who have used this. And also I was ranking on first page from past couple of years for my 3 main keywords but suddenly after some orders got cancelled, those were I guess 12 in a month, those were the highest number of cancelled orders in a month for me so I guess that was the reason I got de ranked even though I am trying very hard to get ranked again, I received many orders from my previous buyers and all of them got completed with 5 stars but still I am unable to get rank again, but I will wait and do some more stuff with gig description, prices etc to get ranked again.

As for your 2nd question about to gigs, the one which is not performing well will not impact any bad or good on the other gig. 

I hope I am making sense and if you have any other questions you can let me know 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, donnovan86 said:

Well, I used this thing on 2 of my gigs. Since I’ve been removed from search, I wanted to see if this will give me exposure or not for those 2 gigs. Well, after 2 days, there are no views registered from the paid promotion, not to mention 0 orders. So as far as I can see, if they removed you from search for some reason, you can try to pay for exposure, it won’t really make a difference. I will get back with an update after a week, but even so, for 2 days I was expecting at least a few views. Clearly there are other factors at play.

are you using promoted gigs feature or not? if i turned it off? what will happend?

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2020 at 8:32 AM, donnovan86 said:

Well, I used this thing on 2 of my gigs. Since I’ve been removed from search, I wanted to see if this will give me exposure or not for those 2 gigs. Well, after 2 days, there are no views registered from the paid promotion, not to mention 0 orders. So as far as I can see, if they removed you from search for some reason, you can try to pay for exposure, it won’t really make a difference. I will get back with an update after a week, but even so, for 2 days I was expecting at least a few views. Clearly there are other factors at play.

What do you mean by "removed from search"?

Can anyone still look for your gig given the exact full title?

• Like 10

On 11/11/2023 at 12:06 PM, mohtrma said:

My impressions only reached 170, how did they increase? any suggestions or keyword recommendations?

Promoted Gigs just isn't any good anymore. I'd recommend not using it to be honest. You'll get clicks, but no orders. So far this year, I've received just three orders from promoted gigs ($490 in sales). And spent $850 on advertising. Impressions were clocking 70,000. Clicks, barely 2,000. Inbox inquiries were the worst part though. Either spammers, or people who were not even decently versed in what they were looking for.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, nickj2013 said:

Promoted Gigs just isn't any good anymore. I'd recommend not using it to be honest. You'll get clicks, but no orders. So far this year, I've received just three orders from promoted gigs ($490 in sales). And spent $850 on advertising. Impressions were clocking 70,000. Clicks, barely 2,000. Inbox inquiries were the worst part though. Either spammers, or people who were not even decently versed in what they were looking for.

This is about $12 per 1k impression

On 12/26/2020 at 5:41 PM, ivanwithvodka said:

I think this is a great feature

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.c4e531b789267f20e2aefd530c0ade38.png
Screenshot_31280×415 28.5 KB

$ 15.5 per 1k

Honestly, the rate per 1000 is a little high compared to other CPM ads, but since this impression is aimed at Fiverr users, it should be fine.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, usaycf said:

This is about $12 per 1k impression

$ 15.5 per 1k

Honestly, the rate per 1000 is a little high compared to other CPM ads, but since this impression is aimed at Fiverr users, it should be fine.

Do you have yours set for auto, or are your bids capped?

• Like 6