Any Luck With "Promoted Gigs" Feature?

looseink

I just started using the promoted gig feature to “advertise” one of my gigs. So far, in a couple of days I’ve had 100+ impressions, 2 clicks, and one job.

I have been tweaking it along the way by changing the description of the gig and increasing the bid price.

I’m just curious if anyone else has seen much success through this relatively new Fiverr feature. I think it can be a good tool to use as it is a PPC model.

Feedback?

Thanks!

George

• Like 38

As a seller, it’s not available on my side since I’m still level one seller. But I’m now qualified for level two. Hope to get the new badge by the next evaluation.
However, As a buyer I should’ve seen the other seller’s promoted gig when I search on the home page. Still i didn’t see a promoted gig. would you please share your keyword so I can check how it looks like on the search result page?

• Like 21

As a seller, it’s not available on my side since I’m still level one seller. But I’m now qualified for level two. Hope to get the new badge by the next evaluation.

However, As a buyer I should’ve seen the other seller’s promoted gig when I search on the home page. Still i didn’t see a promoted gig. would you please share your keyword so I can check how it looks like on the search result page?

would you please share your keyword so I can check how it looks like on the search result page?

From what I have seen is that the promoted gigs appear in the the first row or two of your search. They are not identified in any way.

• Like 19

Well, I used this thing on 2 of my gigs. Since I’ve been removed from search, I wanted to see if this will give me exposure or not for those 2 gigs. Well, after 2 days, there are no views registered from the paid promotion, not to mention 0 orders. So as far as I can see, if they removed you from search for some reason, you can try to pay for exposure, it won’t really make a difference. I will get back with an update after a week, but even so, for 2 days I was expecting at least a few views. Clearly there are other factors at play.

• Like 21

Well, I used this thing on 2 of my gigs. Since I’ve been removed from search, I wanted to see if this will give me exposure or not for those 2 gigs. Well, after 2 days, there are no views registered from the paid promotion, not to mention 0 orders. So as far as I can see, if they removed you from search for some reason, you can try to pay for exposure, it won’t really make a difference. I will get back with an update after a week, but even so, for 2 days I was expecting at least a few views. Clearly there are other factors at play.

@donnovan86 you’ve 30 orders in queue in one of your gigs… I don’t understand how you’re getting orders if you’ve been completely removed from search.

• Like 17

@donnovan86 you’ve 30 orders in queue in one of your gigs… I don’t understand how you’re getting orders if you’ve been completely removed from search.

I don’t understand how you’re getting orders if you’ve been completely removed from search.

More than likely the way all of us do when the Fiverr algorithm is not in our favor, we get orders from our regular buyers!

• Like 23

The promoted gigs feature has been discussed often on the Forum. If you use the search feature and search for it, there should be a number of threads that show up. Some users love it some do not.

Funny. I did do a search, found some chatter but still felt it was necessary to ask the question myself. Imagine that! lol

• Like 18

From what I understand, you do NOT lose your organic search visibility. Or, at least that’s what it says in one of the FAQs under the promoted gigs page. I’m still getting views on top of my promoted gig. I believe the promoted gig gets MORE exposure when you paid PPC for it. Just my understanding.

• Like 17

Exactly what @vickiespencer said, and what I already stated in a few other topics. I only get orders from regulars. People that already have your link are able to buy from you. However, I am not exposed to new customers, while others with similar or lower stats are. As I said, i am fully removed from search, it’s not like I am at the bottom. You can’t find any of my gigs in search, unless you use the Country filter, and even then I appear only on desktop, not on mobile.

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

From what I understand, you do NOT lose your organic search visibility. Or, at least that’s what it says in one of the FAQs under the promoted gigs page. I’m still getting views on top of my promoted gig. I believe the promoted gig gets MORE exposure when you paid PPC for it. Just my understanding.

You don’t lose organic visibility, but I am not getting any organic views on Fiverr from anything aside old customers. I am fully removed from search, and because of that I assume the promoted gigs don’t work. I clearly see all I can do is wait.

• Like 17

You don’t lose organic visibility, but I am not getting any organic views on Fiverr from anything aside old customers. I am fully removed from search, and because of that I assume the promoted gigs don’t work. I clearly see all I can do is wait.

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve been working steady for a couple of clients, so maybe that’s why I haven’t noticed not being in searches. I have received one order so far from a new client through the promoted gig of mine and that’s in just two days of promotion. Maybe try to “jazz up” your gig details? Just a suggestion. I’ve changed the title of mine often to keep it looking fresh.

• Like 17

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve been working steady for a couple of clients, so maybe that’s why I haven’t noticed not being in searches. I have received one order so far from a new client through the promoted gig of mine and that’s in just two days of promotion. Maybe try to “jazz up” your gig details? Just a suggestion. I’ve changed the title of mine often to keep it looking fresh.

I believe the reason why I am not in search is because during October and November I had the number of cancellations increase quite a lot. I barely more than a dozen cancellations in 2 months, yet due to Fiverr’s payment system not working properly people were placing orders and the payment was not going through. So now I have 140 cancellations for the past 2 months. I am over 90%, so those are not taking into account for the completion rate, but I am sure they are taken into account when it comes to ranking. So I am pretty sure that’s the reason why I am in the back.

The idea here was that whenever you are removed from search, this feature doesn’t seem to be working. So I just have to wait for a montht to get back. Now I am worried that Fiverr will still have failed payments and I end up in the back again. Not sure what happened there, but I do know one client that reached to me and told me his payment failed, when he tried a second time the order was active, but it wasn’t in my queue, nor did the buyer could access it. Thankfully I was able to complete it by talking with the customer in the inbox… So yes, at least in my case, Fiverr was extremely buggy for the past 2 months or so, and I am paying the price for that with deranking.

So yes, I can’t really do anything with these promoted gigs until I am back in search. Since they take the past 2 months into account… I assume I will most likely be able to use this service in late January or hopefully earlier.

• Like 16

I believe the reason why I am not in search is because during October and November I had the number of cancellations increase quite a lot. I barely more than a dozen cancellations in 2 months, yet due to Fiverr’s payment system not working properly people were placing orders and the payment was not going through. So now I have 140 cancellations for the past 2 months. I am over 90%, so those are not taking into account for the completion rate, but I am sure they are taken into account when it comes to ranking. So I am pretty sure that’s the reason why I am in the back.

The idea here was that whenever you are removed from search, this feature doesn’t seem to be working. So I just have to wait for a montht to get back. Now I am worried that Fiverr will still have failed payments and I end up in the back again. Not sure what happened there, but I do know one client that reached to me and told me his payment failed, when he tried a second time the order was active, but it wasn’t in my queue, nor did the buyer could access it. Thankfully I was able to complete it by talking with the customer in the inbox… So yes, at least in my case, Fiverr was extremely buggy for the past 2 months or so, and I am paying the price for that with deranking.

So yes, I can’t really do anything with these promoted gigs until I am back in search. Since they take the past 2 months into account… I assume I will most likely be able to use this service in late January or hopefully earlier.

I’m sorry to hear that. Yes, fingers crossed that you can gain some ground once you are able to start promoting your gigs. Best of luck to you!

• Like 18

Hope you get your gig back to the search soon.

I agree with your statement that Fiverr was extremely buggy for the past 2 months. I experienced and still experiencing LONG DELAYS IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPLY. It is taking more than 20-30 days for the customer support to respond to any issue.

Hope Fiverr gets better soon, otherwise it’ll have a really bad impact on buyers and sellers.

• Like 16

Hope you get your gig back to the search soon.

I agree with your statement that Fiverr was extremely buggy for the past 2 months. I experienced and still experiencing LONG DELAYS IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPLY. It is taking more than 20-30 days for the customer support to respond to any issue.

Hope Fiverr gets better soon, otherwise it’ll have a really bad impact on buyers and sellers.

LONG DELAYS IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPLY. It is taking more than 20-30 days for the customer support to respond to any issue.

That’s due to the pandemic and a lot of people believing that Fiverr is the ultimate recipe to make money online fast. A lot of YouTubers are stating that it’s easy to make money on Fiverr and people are making low quality gigs that will never get any traction. What they do is they get in front of legitimate, professional sellers that actually want to make an honest living by harnessing their skills.

Ever since the pandemic started, I saw a decrease in sales.

Speaking of that, I want to provide another update. I am still not getting any views with the promotion, so if the gigs are removed from search on purpose by Fiverr’s algorithm, you have to wait until you are back in search. At least that’s what it seems to me

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

LONG DELAYS IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPLY. It is taking more than 20-30 days for the customer support to respond to any issue.

That’s due to the pandemic and a lot of people believing that Fiverr is the ultimate recipe to make money online fast. A lot of YouTubers are stating that it’s easy to make money on Fiverr and people are making low quality gigs that will never get any traction. What they do is they get in front of legitimate, professional sellers that actually want to make an honest living by harnessing their skills.

Ever since the pandemic started, I saw a decrease in sales.

Speaking of that, I want to provide another update. I am still not getting any views with the promotion, so if the gigs are removed from search on purpose by Fiverr’s algorithm, you have to wait until you are back in search. At least that’s what it seems to me

Well your gig might have been removed due to some review pending by the Fiverr team. This happened to me twice however I went and checked with the support and yes it was pending for a review and I had to contact CS to resolve the issue.

To check overall status , if your gig available in market it will show you ACTIVE or if there is something wrong then it show PENDING ,This is good step by fiverr as we do not need to wait for CS to reply.

Here is link

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig

After clicking fellow these Steps

Step 1: What can we help you with?

Ans : Choose Gig

Step 2: What is the issue with your gig?

Ans: Choose My Gig doesn’t appear in Search

After that choose your gig which you think is not available in Results after writing your Complete title in search

If there is any problem in your gig it will Show you Pending status then you can contact to CS for further.

Hope it’s not in pending.

• Like 17

I think it would depend on what you’re targeting in the ad, though.

It’s like Facebook Ads. If your targeting strategy is wrong or your competition high and it’s hard to stand out, the ad won’t succeed. Creating a targeted, high converting ad I’d quite a skill.

• Like 16

It’s like Facebook Ads. If your targeting strategy is wrong or your competition high and it’s hard to stand out, the ad won’t succeed. Creating a targeted, high converting ad I’d quite a skill.

Of course, but then again, even the worst ad would get a few impressions. I’ve been using this on multiple gigs and none got even a single impression. So… clearly if you’re removed from search for some reason, this will not help you in any way.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

Of course, but then again, even the worst ad would get a few impressions. I’ve been using this on multiple gigs and none got even a single impression. So… clearly if you’re removed from search for some reason, this will not help you in any way.

Unless there is an analytics bug and you are in fact getting impressions, but not views and clicks.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1