GIG Ranking issue answer finally provided by the CS

pvitalsolutions

On 12/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, davep2 said:

At this point, roughly 3 weeks after, the feature is still here, and only now i'm starting to get more inquiries and orders (i recovered like 20% of my business volume). This restart has been very slow. I don't know if it's part of fiverr's process to rotate sellers in again, or if it is because i had to climb up the rank ladder again.

Things are looking slightly better, but still very far away (like 50% to 60%) to where i was before being rotated out.

Bottom line, now yes, i'm seeing more inquiries, more sales and more impressions. I'm curious to know how long this will last. I still think this rotation out thingy is broken and unbalanced: no one can work on fiverr full time with it like this.

Hey @davep2, hope you are having a great week so far

Wanted to give you a quick update on my case as well.

So I got the promoted feature again after 7 months of waiting... 

However, everything started improving significantly. My impressions 10x in 3 days which clearly proves how having the promoted feature is a most nowadays to get orders. However, for some reason, just 10 days after the feature was enabled for me, it was disabled again without any explanation. Everything is going great to far, the only thing I received today is a reminder that one order needs to be delivered within the next 12 hours, however I am not sure if this triggered the disable of the feature, since this reminder is pretty common.

How is your experience with the feature going so far? Have they disabled it for you yet? If yes, have you had any cancellations or performance related drop that could explain it?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer this, I am just trying to understand what I might be doing wrong to fix it

Best regards

Vincenzo

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2022 at 12:42 PM, vinctosc said:

Hey @davep2, hope you are having a great week so far

Wanted to give you a quick update on my case as well.

So I got the promoted feature again after 7 months of waiting... 

However, everything started improving significantly. My impressions 10x in 3 days which clearly proves how having the promoted feature is a most nowadays to get orders. However, for some reason, just 10 days after the feature was enabled for me, it was disabled again without any explanation. Everything is going great to far, the only thing I received today is a reminder that one order needs to be delivered within the next 12 hours, however I am not sure if this triggered the disable of the feature, since this reminder is pretty common.

How is your experience with the feature going so far? Have they disabled it for you yet? If yes, have you had any cancellations or performance related drop that could explain it?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer this, I am just trying to understand what I might be doing wrong to fix it

Best regards

Vincenzo

Hello again Vincenzo, i agree with you that the "Promoted Gigs" feature is a must now, i have mine running non-stop from the moment they got active, i get some orders from them every now and then. For me they never got disabled so far, and i do get like 1 or 2 reminders to deliver within 12h almost every day, so it can't be it. I also had 4 cancellations but they didn't affect me in any way as far as i can tell.

Maybe this depends a bit on the type of service we offer, i don't know, just saying.

So you have been rotated in again and are you still noticing a clear increase in orders everyday?

At this point i recovered 70-80% of the business volume i had previously, BUT some of my gigs that had less orders kind of died and now have no orders and still are at 5 impressions per day, only my best selling gigs "survived" the rotation out.

16 hours ago, davep2 said:

Hello again Vincenzo, i agree with you that the "Promoted Gigs" feature is a must now, i have mine running non-stop from the moment they got active, i get some orders from them every now and then. For me they never got disabled so far, and i do get like 1 or 2 reminders to deliver within 12h almost every day, so it can't be it. I also had 4 cancellations but they didn't affect me in any way as far as i can tell.

Maybe this depends a bit on the type of service we offer, i don't know, just saying.

So you have been rotated in again and are you still noticing a clear increase in orders everyday?

At this point i recovered 70-80% of the business volume i had previously, BUT some of my gigs that had less orders kind of died and now have no orders and still are at 5 impressions per day, only my best selling gigs "survived" the rotation out.

Hello Dave, thank you very much for the update, appreciate it

I see, so the 12H remaining notifications and cancellations must not be the main thing, otherwise you would have lost it as well.

I think that one thing that people does not mention a lot is their conversion rate. Basically how many of the clicks coming from promoted ads convert into sales. I had close to 10% which is very high for advertisement standards, what is yours if you can share? 

However, when looking at the overall organic + promoted traffic, the conversion is just around 0.2%; you can see this on the app on the home tab at the bottom. What do you have here?

Finally, yes, once my promotion feature came back, just my flag services went to page 1 the first day, the other ones didn't go back to page 1 on the main keywords.... 

This whole promoted feature needs to be sorted, since it does not make sense that organic traffic is attached to promoted feature....

Let me know what you think, thank you for sharing!

On 1/20/2022 at 3:54 PM, vinctosc said:

Hello Dave, thank you very much for the update, appreciate it

I see, so the 12H remaining notifications and cancellations must not be the main thing, otherwise you would have lost it as well.

I think that one thing that people does not mention a lot is their conversion rate. Basically how many of the clicks coming from promoted ads convert into sales. I had close to 10% which is very high for advertisement standards, what is yours if you can share? 

However, when looking at the overall organic + promoted traffic, the conversion is just around 0.2%; you can see this on the app on the home tab at the bottom. What do you have here?

Finally, yes, once my promotion feature came back, just my flag services went to page 1 the first day, the other ones didn't go back to page 1 on the main keywords.... 

This whole promoted feature needs to be sorted, since it does not make sense that organic traffic is attached to promoted feature....

Let me know what you think, thank you for sharing!

Interestingly enough, my convertion rate of promoted gigs is at 10,61% too. My overall conversion rate (organic + promoted) is at 0.19% too.

What i know for sure is that the few gigs i had that were getting just 4 to 6 orders a month before, now (even with promotion feature) are getting no orders and almost no impressions, they were "killed" by the rotation out. Mymain gigs are ok though, i actually recovered almost another 10% of business volume in these last 3 days, being at 80% of what i used to, which feels so good.

16 hours ago, davep2 said:

Interestingly enough, my convertion rate of promoted gigs is at 10,61% too. My overall conversion rate (organic + promoted) is at 0.19% too.

What i know for sure is that the few gigs i had that were getting just 4 to 6 orders a month before, now (even with promotion feature) are getting no orders and almost no impressions, they were "killed" by the rotation out. Mymain gigs are ok though, i actually recovered almost another 10% of business volume in these last 3 days, being at 80% of what i used to, which feels so good.

Thank you for sharing, that's great to hear, I am so glad to hear that

I see, so we have almost everything the same, is very strange why my promotion feature went away just after 1 week

One last thing that it would be nice to compare, is your overall rated orders percentage, I am currently at 54%, maybe this low percentage is affecting me? Which percentage do you have?

Thank you for sharing and your time, appreciate it

On 1/22/2022 at 6:05 PM, vinctosc said:

Thank you for sharing, that's great to hear, I am so glad to hear that

I see, so we have almost everything the same, is very strange why my promotion feature went away just after 1 week

One last thing that it would be nice to compare, is your overall rated orders percentage, I am currently at 54%, maybe this low percentage is affecting me? Which percentage do you have?

Thank you for sharing and your time, appreciate it

Sorry for the late reply, i have been busy. I don't think the amount of overall rated orders percentage has anything to do with it because mine is at just 39%, and i'm absolutely not worried about it, i never felt any effect from this low value.

What i find interesting is that besides you and me, there is no one else complaining here about being rotated out, did this thing ended for good?

On 1/30/2022 at 4:13 PM, davep2 said:

Sorry for the late reply, i have been busy. I don't think the amount of overall rated orders percentage has anything to do with it because mine is at just 39%, and i'm absolutely not worried about it, i never felt any effect from this low value.

What i find interesting is that besides you and me, there is no one else complaining here about being rotated out, did this thing ended for good?

Thank you for the update, appreciate it

Yes is very strange, it seems that is not consistent across the reasons for which the promotional feature gets activated or not.

However, I raised a support case to ask for clarification and they keep mentioning these two:

- You can share your gigs via social media( Facebook, Twitter...)
- Add a high-quality video to your gig

Do you bring traffic to your gigs from social media? furthermore, have you added video to your gigs?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience

11 hours ago, vinctosc said:

Thank you for the update, appreciate it

Yes is very strange, it seems that is not consistent across the reasons for which the promotional feature gets activated or not.

However, I raised a support case to ask for clarification and they keep mentioning these two:

- You can share your gigs via social media( Facebook, Twitter...)
- Add a high-quality video to your gig

Do you bring traffic to your gigs from social media? furthermore, have you added video to your gigs?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience

I did try to bring traffic from social media, butit was very little and didn't help at all.

One of my gigs does have a video, but it is selling almost 0, while my main gigs which don't have a video are selling very well. Go figure...

On 2/2/2022 at 11:47 PM, davep2 said:

I did try to bring traffic from social media, butit was very little and didn't help at all.

One of my gigs does have a video, but it is selling almost 0, while my main gigs which don't have a video are selling very well. Go figure...

Thank you for explaining your experience, appreciate it

If you don't mind me asking, when did you tried bringing traffic with social media? and for how long?

Thank you in advance for your time

9 hours ago, vinctosc said:

Thank you for explaining your experience, appreciate it

If you don't mind me asking, when did you tried bringing traffic with social media? and for how long?

Thank you in advance for your time

While i was being rotated out, but can't remember the excat time and for how long, it was a weak experience nonetheless, not worth it if you ask me.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:56 AM, davep2 said:

I just finished readng through every post on this thread... Man, i thought i was going crazy, after all it's gig rotation.

This happened to me on May, see attached screenshot, my gig impressions went from 2000 to 200, and all of a sudden my gigs weren't promotable saying they aren't qualified due to quality, and i was like whaaaat???

The only thing i have to add on this thread is that we're almost on november and i still wasn't rotated back, so it makes almost 5 months for me. My gigs are currently only getting between 5 to 50 impressions a day and my revenue is down around 70%. I'm only getting some orders from repeat buyers, no new customers, not even a message, nothing.

I'll update again on this thread when/if i'm rotated back to the first pages, but so far i'm almost 5 months and nothing.

screenshot.jpg

I am now facing the same issues now. how can you overcome from there?

On 11/25/2021 at 4:30 PM, davep2 said:

After almost 48h of having the promoted gigs active again, yes, i'm seeing increased impressions, today my gig even started reappearing on the first page of search results, but at the bottom, so yay!

My impressions are up by a lot now, but curious enough, i still haven't got a single new order... I'm hoping my rotation out has ended for the time being, let's see what happens during the following days.

How long did it take for your promoted gigs to reappear again? I'm currently experiencing this issue

• Lena locked this topic

Archived