I need some advice on my first order

abdellatiflabre

Hi everyone, I’m a new seller on fiverr, i make react apps, my first order was a guy who wants me to build an 11 pages complex project with light and dark themes for just 20$, when i tried negotiate the price he told me that i’m a new seller & take it or leave it.
should i take this order because i’m a new seller or it’s not fair?

Hi everyone, I’m a new seller on fiverr, i make react apps, my first order was a guy who wants me to build an 11 pages complex project with light and dark themes for just 20$, when i tried negotiate the price he told me that i’m a new seller & take it or leave it.

You, and only you, decide what your prices are. Your buyer doesn’t get to decide that, you do.

when i tried negotiate the price he told me that i’m a new seller & take it or leave it.

I’d say leave it. If he doesn’t want to pay you a fair price, it’s best not to work with him.

Oh, and do yourself a big favor, and get rid of unlimited revisions. They’re nothing but an invitation for abuse.

If he’s not treating you with respect before he’s even ordered

It looks like he did place an order.

You, and only you, decide what your prices are. Your buyer doesn’t get to decide that, you do.

when i tried negotiate the price he told me that i’m a new seller & take it or leave it.

I’d say leave it. If he doesn’t want to pay you a fair price, it’s best not to work with him.

Oh, and do yourself a big favor, and get rid of unlimited revisions. They’re nothing but an invitation for abuse.

If he’s not treating you with respect before he’s even ordered

It looks like he did place an order.

I did the biggest mistake of my life and accepted the order before asking here, i feel like a ■■■■■■■ idiot right now, but if i cancel, does that affect my gig?

I did the biggest mistake of my life and accepted the order before asking here, i feel like a ■■■■■■■ idiot right now, but if i cancel, does that affect my gig?

I did the biggest mistake of my life and accepted the order before asking here

You mean, the buyer didn’t just place an order for your premium package and demanded more work, they’ve discussed it with you first and you told them you’d do it for $20?

if i cancel, does that affect my gig?

Yes, it does. Every cancellation has negative impact.

I did the biggest mistake of my life and accepted the order before asking here

You mean, the buyer didn’t just place an order for your premium package and demanded more work, they’ve discussed it with you first and you told them you’d do it for $20?

if i cancel, does that affect my gig?

Yes, it does. Every cancellation has negative impact.

yes, i discussed and started working yesterdy, today he demanded more work & added more pages, i can’t believe i did such a dumb thing.

Because i’m a new seller i was happy that i’m getting my first order, so i accepted without thinking about the consequences.

yes, i discussed and started working yesterdy, today he demanded more work & added more pages, i can’t believe i did such a dumb thing.

Because i’m a new seller i was happy that i’m getting my first order, so i accepted without thinking about the consequences.

of its not to late then cancel the order!

my first order was a guy who wants me to build an 11 pages complex project with light and dark themes for just 20$

he told me that i’m a new seller & take it or leave it

Huge red flags here, you should’ve firmly told him “no” and blocked him. He wanted to very clearly get advantage of you.

today he demanded more work & added more pages

Premium - $20

Up to 6 pages

He also completely disregarded anything written on the gig page. My guess is that he’s going to keep threatening and overworking you with the unlimited revisions.

@coerdelion Can he report anything from the chat and cancel safely with CS on this basis?

my first order was a guy who wants me to build an 11 pages complex project with light and dark themes for just 20$

he told me that i’m a new seller & take it or leave it

Huge red flags here, you should’ve firmly told him “no” and blocked him. He wanted to very clearly get advantage of you.

today he demanded more work & added more pages

Premium - $20

Up to 6 pages

He also completely disregarded anything written on the gig page. My guess is that he’s going to keep threatening and overworking you with the unlimited revisions.

@coerdelion Can he report anything from the chat and cancel safely with CS on this basis?

he is refusing to accept the cancelation request, and he’s telling me that he will tip me at the end of the work, can i cancel by reporting him?

he is refusing to accept the cancelation request, and he’s telling me that he will tip me at the end of the work, can i cancel by reporting him?

I’d definitely report this POS person as that looks like pure threats.

Quote the whole conversation to customer service. Don’t engage with him until CS response arrives (which could be 1-2 weeks Grrrr)

There is no good end here with this person - or anyone who acts this way. Learn the signs and cut them off hard & fast next time.

best of luck

🙂

The buyer will not tip you. It is a ploy to get you to keep working.

Take screenshots of the threats he made and contact CS to cancel the order because of how the buyer treated you. Even if he refuses to cancel, you can keep requesting that he cancel. Maybe he will get tired and go away.

If the buyer does cancel, it will hurt your stats. But since you are a level 0 seller already, you can not lose your level. Plus, you do not need to worry about getting a bad review if you cancel, where if you bowed down to his threats, he could leave you a negative review, which is more harmful to your profile.

My advice is : no.

If he’s not treating you with respect before he’s even ordered, then it’s liikely a cancellation waiting to happen.

$20 is nothing like enough for what they want you to do.

no, definitely no.Hes trying to take advantage of you.

cntact CS to cancel the order because of how the buyer treated you.

You try to make him happy. You don’t have to look back once you get to the top. Best of luck brother. I hope you success. 😃

@abdellatiflabre Please follow the advice of the first six. people that replied to you. They are correct. Ignore the 7th piece of advice. 😉

You try to make him happy. You don’t have to look back once you get to the top. Best of luck brother. I hope you success. 😃

@abdellatiflabre Please follow the advice of the first six. people that replied to you. They are correct. Ignore the 7th piece of advice. 😉

i didn’t even understand what the 7th reply meant.

I personally feel that 7th line is subjective.

As you are still a new seller, having a first review opportunity to start the journey is invaluable and if you are confident enough to accept the job, it would be a great milestone to educate you on how to deal with these kind of customers and how to react when this kind of situation appears.

But ofcourse, it all comes down to whether you are willing to do whatever it takes to start your journey and determine whether the risk is worth your time or not. It is all part of a journey to become a successful seller, that is my take on this.

Feel free to share with me any perspective if there is any.

He meant you should accept the buyer treating you with disrespect and make him “happy.” Never mind that you are miserable and that since you already asked to cancel even if you did the order you would more than likely get a bad review!

As you are still a new seller, having a first review opportunity to start the journey is invaluable and if you are confident enough to accept the job, it would be a great milestone to educate you on how to deal with these kind of customers and how to react when this kind of situation appears.

But ofcourse, it all comes down to whether you are willing to do whatever it takes to start your journey and determine whether the risk is worth your time or not. It is all part of a journey to become a successful seller, that is my take on this.

I was really willing to do whatever it takes to get my first review, and that’s why i accepted that order, but after i started working, i realised that that buyer is the type of guy to cancel the order when the work is almost at the delivery phase, so iwanted to stop before it’s too late.

While many businesses have started by offering free or reduced cost services, none have started successfully by bowing to threats.

I will mix a record for a band for very little if I really dig what they are doing and I can see that they are a) going to kick goals and b) I will be seen for being part of their success.

What the OP shows is absolutely none of that. What his “buyer” is saying is that there is no respect and they will not help both to rise together. They simply want a slave.

🙂

Archived