Limited revisions but still unlimited for buyers

vid_editing_guy

Yes - but you don’t have to keep giving revisions after the buyer has “run out”. You can offer paid revisions after that …

Is that an option which I doubt it.

Always a risk of buyer becoming rude with a threat of bad review or even order cancellation.

I’ve experienced it. Buyer having change of minds from the initial agreement. Won’t even admit after showing screenshots of conversation.

I do not offer any revisions. If a buyer asks for one, which happens rarely, and it is something small or that was my error I will do the revision. If the revision request is due to something that is not part of the original offer or my gig, I explain that and send an offer. I have never had an issue with this.

If you have completed the gig according to spec, you are under no obligation to provide revisions.

This is what the TOS says:

“Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

And:
“Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions offered to Buyers, including no revisions.”

Further:
“Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.”

Also threats should be immediately reported to CS, using the report button on either the inbox or the order chat box.

I keep telling people to read the terms of service. You should read the terms of service. My cut and paste finger is getting tired of this.

If you have completed the gig according to spec, you are under no obligation to provide revisions.

This is what the TOS says:

“Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.”

And:

“Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions offered to Buyers, including no revisions.”

Further:

“Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.”

Also threats should be immediately reported to CS, using the report button on either the inbox or the order chat box.

I keep telling people to read the terms of service. You should read the terms of service. My cut and paste finger is getting tired of this.

Thanks mate, i was so worried and yea you are right new sellers like myself should always read TOS. Lesson learned 😊

Thanks mate, i was so worried and yea you are right new sellers like myself should always read TOS. Lesson learned 😊

new sellers like myself should always read TOS.

Not just new sellers. The terms change from time to time, it’s best to check them every month or so, just to be sure you’re aware of the latest rules.

Always a risk of buyer becoming rude with a threat of bad review or even order cancellation.

Yes, there’s a risk. And it’s up to you to decide whether you’re going to be a doormat or not.

I do not offer any revisions. If a buyer asks for one, which happens rarely, and it is something small or that was my error I will do the revision. If the revision request is due to something that is not part of the original offer or my gig, I explain that and send an offer. I have never had an issue with this.

This is exactly the approach I use, and it also works for me.

If a buyer purchases a gig on the understanding that revisions aren’t included, then that sets clear expectations for the rest of the order.

Out of 700 or so all time orders, I’ve only ever had one terrible buyer experience and a couple of others that I would rather forget - which is quite good going!

I say that because by not appearing desperate - you attract a good quality of buyer who will understand the value of your work and will be happy to pay for extras if required.

Those sellers who offer ridiculous guarantees and unlimited revisions while also claiming to be the buyer’s servant, will naturally attract scam or abusive buyers.

It’s so simple - but so many sellers seem to ignore this basic principle.

Archived