Buyer Can CANCEL Order for ANY REASON and get refund AFTER DELIVERY!

angiesvoice_vo

Try to talk to CS.

It sometimes happens in the past to me, and CS was able to help me block the buyer, canceling the order but giving me my payment.

You have to explain to them in detail what happens and also showing proof of your work.

Thank you ,

I have sent screen shots of my work , and explained in detail .

Still waiting from CS to respond .

• Like 11

I don’t also understand! I have encountered the same issue not once but twice …One customer rates me and now after two weeks he is back canceling the order is that even possible (he took 2 days to check the work and rated it).guys? I used over 5 nights working on the codes ensuring it’s running as expected but now the buyer takes my work after a week he is back canceling the order which I had rated me and stated as satisfied…Do the work done by the seller on her matters even…!? The worst thing is the buyer is still using my work I just checked in on his website. What should I do!? Is this a game work worth My 5 days just gone and $453 credited on my account…Am not happy as a new seller with my experience.

That is strange , even order was marked as completed and rated , how buyer was able to cancel it ?

• Like 10

That is strange , even order was marked as completed and rated , how buyer was able to cancel it ?

to cancel a “complete” order, buyer can either ask your their bank to do a chargeback and get the money back.

Or contact Fiverr CS directly, telling that the order isn’t complete and the seller is scamming me. And the Fiverr CS have the right to cancel and refund any order within the 90days after completion.

• Like 10

Scammers are increasing day by day. The ability of customers to cancel order after delivering all source and work files is a gateway to scams.
They get their money back and even the service they didn’t pay for.

Fiverr should introduce on site non downloadable files viewing platform for seller service protection, which would allow the downloading and keeping of files only when the buyer has officially expressed their approval and satisfaction of the work they received. Other wise they go their separate ways, buyer with their money and seller with their service still in hand.

What is you’ll opinion about this solution?
Is there a way we can pitch this to fiverr?

• Like 14

Scammers are increasing day by day. The ability of customers to cancel order after delivering all source and work files is a gateway to scams.

They get their money back and even the service they didn’t pay for.

Fiverr should introduce on site non downloadable files viewing platform for seller service protection, which would allow the downloading and keeping of files only when the buyer has officially expressed their approval and satisfaction of the work they received. Other wise they go their separate ways, buyer with their money and seller with their service still in hand.

What is you’ll opinion about this solution?

Is there a way we can pitch this to fiverr?

Thank you .

In my opinion , fiver should protect the seller by removing the option to cancel the order after the delivery is been made.

The buyer shall ask for revision if anything is missing , or needs more work . But buyer should not be able to get the delivery and take the money as well.

• Like 13

Thank you .

In my opinion , fiver should protect the seller by removing the option to cancel the order after the delivery is been made.

The buyer shall ask for revision if anything is missing , or needs more work . But buyer should not be able to get the delivery and take the money as well.

they won’t ever remove the cancel option because of standard worldwide service procedures by which customers can cancel their order when they see it and don’t find it to their liking. Now a days every marketplace is giving this service to attract more customers.

• Like 12

they won’t ever remove the cancel option because of standard worldwide service procedures by which customers can cancel their order when they see it and don’t find it to their liking. Now a days every marketplace is giving this service to attract more customers.

This is a loop hole , and scammers are aware of this blind spot, that’s why they keep hurting the sellers. Even CS says , we are unable to do anything in this regard. Is there any other platform which protects the sellers as well .

But the cancelation option should be there in case seller failed to deliver , or buyer can cancel the order before the delivery .

• Like 10

@mariam_15 if you have a genuine case and can provide proof of everything CS does help you by canceling the order and giving you the full payment as well. I experienced something like this myself but was unaware of the options I had because I was new to fiverr!

• Like 11

@mariam_15 if you have a genuine case and can provide proof of everything CS does help you by canceling the order and giving you the full payment as well. I experienced something like this myself but was unaware of the options I had because I was new to fiverr!

Does the cancellation affect your profile ranking ?

• Like 9

That’s a negative . CS did respond, but they were unable to help me in any way . According to CS i am own my own . Neither they can complete this order nor can accept it on behalf of the buyer.

CS told me it is between me and the buyer.

• Like 9

CS finally canceled my order and returned the money to the buyer .
CS give this reason after few days of back and forth conversation .

Blockquote

“The order was reviewed after the buyer submitted their complaint, besides concerns they had with your work not being original, it appears that the files you sent were infected with a virus. I suggest cleaning your PC to make sure that you don’t transmit the virus further to users.”

Blockquote

To my knowledge all the files are scanned for virus when uploaded on fiver . The buyer had to make something up . The CS knew claim for files being infected was absurd. But i guess they can’t say no to buyer . There is no protection system for seller at all. At the end scam buyer managed to get away with a scam . He got the products and service worth 1400$ for free.

This is my concern and it worries me , what if this kind of thing starts to happen to each seller , scammer orders valuable and expensive services . And right after delivery , scammer requests order cancelation . When seller refuses , the scammer goes to CS and makes something up , and CS happily returns him the payment.
I think sellers are doomed form the start.

Bravo Fiver CS.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

Iam really sorry for you sir. Agree with this, Fiverr should protect the sellers from unwanted cancellation.

It’s unfortunate, But there is nothing you can do. The buyer will get away with the money and your files for free, plus if he left a bad rating, fiverr won’t remove it and also your cancellation rate will be down.

How do you tackle this?

Simple register on so many other freelancing site. They are lots of better freelancing site, you just need to search harder. Some site have arbitration and a buyer can’t reap you off like this.

Another alternative is to, Open your own website and advertise you product while you still freelance on fiverr. At least when this happens, you will still have other sources of income.

I wish you Success.

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

It’s unfortunate, But there is nothing you can do. The buyer will get away with the money and your files for free, plus if he left a bad rating, fiverr won’t remove it and also your cancellation rate will be down.

How do you tackle this?

Simple register on so many other freelancing site. They are lots of better freelancing site, you just need to search harder. Some site have arbitration and a buyer can’t reap you off like this.

Another alternative is to, Open your own website and advertise you product while you still freelance on fiverr. At least when this happens, you will still have other sources of income.

I wish you Success.

Thank you .

I am glad to read some useful insight and tips.

I had something similar in mind.

Cheers !

And good Luck to you.

• Like 10

How do you tackle this?

I wish you Success.

Do you have any recommendation what other freelancing sites that might be a good option?

• Like 10

Yes this is a grave concern with Fiverr (and probably most other places these days). Everyone goes on about not upsetting anyone whilst upsetting people - only those people are considered irrelevant. Yay Cancel Culture.

What I can say is that your first mistake was not sending this piece of 💩 on their way the moment they started whining about a discount. Begging for sympathy based on some heath or family tragedy is a huge Red Flag. Scambot 101 stuff.

🙂

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 1

Yes this is a grave concern with Fiverr (and probably most other places these days). Everyone goes on about not upsetting anyone whilst upsetting people - only those people are considered irrelevant. Yay Cancel Culture.

What I can say is that your first mistake was not sending this piece of 💩 on their way the moment they started whining about a discount. Begging for sympathy based on some heath or family tragedy is a huge Red Flag. Scambot 101 stuff.

🙂

Agree with you ,

people asking about discount , whining about low on budget , are the ones we should avoid .

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have an order I’m working on right now where I fear this very thing might happen, which is how I found your post.

I had no idea that people could cancel orders in revision. I think that’s ridiculous.

I wrote a 16,000 word piece for a difficult client and am now awaiting revision instructions, which are taking an eerily long time to arrive.

I guess the only way to avoid this would be to only offer small-sized gigs that don’t take very long to complete. You could still get scammed out of payment on the small gig, but it’s a lot better than getting scammed out of a big one.

I’m going to be changing my gigs and telling buyers that from now on they’ll be allowed to buy in 2000 word max. increments because of this. :woman_shrugging:t2:

• Like 24
  • Up 2

• 2 months later...

I give content ideas for creators. This buyer after seeing the ideas, which they probably wrote on paper asked for dispute and it's first time getting a dispute. Like I have done the work for the them for free and my also my delivery compilations will less because of them. This is so annoying, like fiverr has no protection for its seller =

• Like 22
  • Up 1