Buyer Can CANCEL Order for ANY REASON and get refund AFTER DELIVERY!

angiesvoice_vo

Well, here on Fiverr I thought that was an opportunity to sell my services as music producer, I've 5 rating stars and 100% customers satisfied, until yesterday, my first bad experience on this site. 

I've spent  almost 2 days of work in the last week making a track for a customer, he was right with the result via message, everything ok and when I deliver the order he wanted to cancel saying that Im not professional and saying a bunch of 5 years child excuses.

Because my poor experience on cancelling orders and problems with customers, I accidentally pressed accept the cancelation on the mobile app, I have tried to retake the work with this guy but its impossible, he don't answer my messages and my time and money has lost, I FEEL SCAMMED by this guy, I have a professional production studio, recognised by many first line artists here in Spain and this kind of people want to get the music for free, first they hire your work and later they cancel the order after delivery.

I suggest to Fiverr's support to include a way to reopen the cases after cancelation or something where I can claim to the seller when the order is cancelled (this time was my fault by my poor experience I know that, but we should go back and claim)

• Like 23
  • Up 3

• 1 month later...

This happened to me today. nine days after order completion with 5 stars and good feedback, oder has been cancelled by customer support and money have been refunded without any reason. Buyer got my work, money and my 5 Star rating as well .totally disappointed! This is our lifeline and things like this hurt us so bad. Fiver have to take actions and care about sellers more. 🤬😓😥

C934439C-8DBE-4AFE-A290-F4DFB17CC483.png

• Like 21
  • Up 1

This has sadly happened to us a few times as well. There is nothing the seller can do about it. Be sure to check their feedback first and when they joined Fiverr. This could be a good indication and be weary of a big order if it's a brand new buyer. Maybe use milestones instead ?

• Like 20
  • Up 2

10 hours ago, shehanniroshana said:

This happened to me today. nine days after order completion with 5 stars and good feedback, oder has been cancelled by customer support and money have been refunded without any reason. Buyer got my work, money and my 5 Star rating as well .totally disappointed! This is our lifeline and things like this hurt us so bad. Fiver have to take actions and care about sellers more. 🤬😓😥

C934439C-8DBE-4AFE-A290-F4DFB17CC483.png

B9BE8DAC-A7BD-4836-9AB3-12F40AD3D65A.thumb.jpeg.5d9837b1e2060559c0eae1c43249f1e9.jpeghey everyone! After going through a fraud inquiry i got a positive feedback withing 24hrs from the customer support! Its great to have there support and response like this. My money have been refunded

• Like 22
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

• 1 month later...

So yeah, i hav a US$ 175 order that i already delivered, the buyer ran out of revisions and the order is already delivered, but he is asking to cancel it (already 10 times he has sent the cancelation request) idk if he is trying to scam me or something. Some one knows if they have a cancelation request limit or I will have to be declining his cancelation request the rest of my life?

• Like 18
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2021 at 1:31 AM, itomyv said:

So yeah, i hav a US$ 175 order that i already delivered, the buyer ran out of revisions and the order is already delivered, but he is asking to cancel it (already 10 times he has sent the cancelation request) idk if he is trying to scam me or something. Some one knows if they have a cancelation request limit or I will have to be declining his cancelation request the rest of my life?

I think you could have worked it out by communicating with the buyer and charge extra for additional revision if he wants further modification. However, considering that the buyer has repeatedly requested for cancellation and you keep rejecting, it might no longer be a solution. Other option is to file a report to CS and see how it turns out.

I personally would just let go and move on with other orders. Speaking from my own experience, It's really not worth the hassle. The buyer could still leave a 1-star review even if he does accept the delivery at the end. That review is more damaging to your profile that a decreased completion rate (due to cancellation), not to mention that everyone could see the review as well. You should take this scenario into consideration.

• Like 20
  • Up 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just had on order cancelled by a buyer who requested a change because I didn't place an element in my model. The thing is that element is useless in the model, it can be without it and is actually more efficient without it. Then the buyer cancelled the order not before telling me that the model was wrong because of the aforementioned reasons and then blocked me.

Even though I know he will feel stupid when he realizes that the model is actually correct, the one who feels like an imbecile is me because I have been scammed.

That user is "ajkoprd" by the way. If someone sees him, run away. I wish I could finish a not so kind conversation with that buyer but unfortunately I'm just too nice for my own good.

Edited by albertochave956
  • Like 9

• 4 months later...

i placed a order with a seller on fiverr  for sprits i can use on rpg maker mv turns out the seller had never dun sprits for rpg maker mv be for and the sprits i got cant be used in rpg maker mv the seller told me she is not able to make them work or even try aging so i told the seller i think ist best for her to cannel the order and give me a refund she told me she thinks its not fair for me to get my money back and that there no reason for a refund i  ask for a refund under not ready to take order see wood not cannel i then looked up tradeing sanderds to see what my rights are under tradeing stander law a freelancer cant force you to accept a order agents your beater judgment and you have the right to get your money back if your order is not fit to use i told this to the seller and asked agine for my money back still she wood not cannel i will not pay for a order that is not fit to use is there a way i can get fiverr to over rule the seller and give me the refund fiverr stil have the money as ever time the seller see no to a refund i ask aging in order to stop the seller getting the money what can i do

• Like 10

• 2 months later...

The client asked me to translate the text into English and I translated it, then sent two more files and I accepted and translated it. Then he requested revision for these files and sent a new file. My mother tongue is Kurdish and English. then he sent another file and I translated it too. I translated all the files. Actually, I finished my job, but the customer asked me for revision for a week, constantly finding a lie and asking me for revision. I sent it every time, actually the reason he got the revision was that he was trying his best to cancel the order, but I was still very compassionate towards the customer because I wanted to get my money. Now I ask you how badly can I translate my mother tongue Kurdish to English?  canceled the whole order.(bad story)

• Like 11

Same things happens to me yesterday.
After I deliver my bass track, done some revisions the buyer ask to cancel.
I wrongly press the "accept" button, cause the layout is really bad made, with the accept button highlighted in green, as for sending a message.
I immediately send a message to the support and they told me that they can't do nothing. 
So the buyer have my bass track and I get not payment!
After being on fiverr for 3 years as a PRO and TOP RATED SELLER, I am really thinking about leaving the platform.
The balance of protection between seller and buyer is so demoralizing.
And they keep taking their 20% of commission without doing nothing to protect the sellers.

What a shame!

• Like 6

On 9/8/2020 at 8:59 PM, angiesvoice_vo said:

Had a buyer who requested numerous voice recordings with music. Order was delivered and buyer changed his mind stating he decided he wants a MALE voice instead of a Female voice (me), and wants me to deliver the recordings in a male voice. My gig is very clear that it is for a female voice, no male voices are offered. Buyer wants to cancel AND GET A REFUND because he now wants a male voice instead. This order took quite a lot of time to produce and was delivered exactly as my gig described. Recordings were very high quality and professional. I have excellent reviews from all of my previous buyers. I reached out to Fiverr customer support and brought up that this buyer is violating the Terms of Service by trying to cancel after receiving the order simply because he changed his mind and wants a male voice. The gig was delivered as described. This is like hiring a contractor to remodel your kitchen, and then wanting a refund when the work is done because you changed your mind and decided you want to remodel your bathroom instead. Fiverr support replied stating that they are “sorry” for the experience, but in essence, the buyer can cancel for ANY reason. This is what they responded with:
"While we would not cancel an order based on personal taste directly, the buyer does have the final word on how their funds are spent and any reason they want to cancel an order for is valid."
This is unacceptable to me as a seller. There is no protection for sellers who have spent a lot of time/energy on a project and makes it very easy for sellers to be taken advantage of. Time to spread the word. Anyone else have this experience?

very interesting 

• Like 5

On 8/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, angela43 said:

So sorry about your experience. One thing is sure, Fiverr Favors the buyer each time. Its the reality we all have to face. Stay motivated . In a Personal business, stuff like this happen and sometimes we lose to gain more. We'll be fine.

thanks 

• Like 5

On 8/20/2023 at 3:41 PM, luquibass said:

And they keep taking their 20% of commission without doing nothing to protect the sellers.

The problem is that you accepted his cancellation. They can't reverse payments, cancellations are final. You had to go to them before canceling the order. Now the only thing you can do is to send a custom offer to the client so he can purchase the service again, which seems it won't be happening.

• Like 8

I think if this rule is continued we will have to face so many problem as a fiverr. seller because if some one try to bad impact on id as a fake buyers  that mean not professional buyer they will try to hustle some seller by cancelling the order anytime without cause. it may bad for both seller and fiverr.com. So fiverr can cancell this rule  for thier well income. it's my own view. because if fiverr give some facility for sellers it will helpful for fiverr. We have to understand that sellers can established the fiverr for thier all completed orders not by the cancellation. Thanks. Fiverr may give some opportunity to recover cancell orders. Thanks.

• Like 5