Not everything is for $5 raise your budget [ARCHIVED]

wpfixit

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 bucks is 5 bucks and I expect to get what’s in the description for 5 bucks. If someone wants to start slapping on more money then there’s no sale. Give me my money back and take a flying leap… I’m not doing that kind of business with anyone.

There are gigs that in the title it will say something similar to this…

"I-will-do-whatever-for-4-gigs"

I would think (and hope) that the title (the offer) and the description would adhere to the the basic premise of doing something for $5, and then using Extras to get extra $$$. Fiverr approves these gigs and allows them to continue. So it seems that that is fair game as well.

One of my main problems is when someone purchases a gig, gives a Three word message and waits 3 months… With that said, also does not read the description…

But you know what? All the successful sellers on Fiverr are happy() here afterall they are making money all because of fiverr. The same way that we have easy buyers we also have lazy buyers and that is what makes our fiverr experience challenging!

However the bottom line is that a good buyer will always leave good feedback even if it’s not 100% to his requirments… i’m sort of like that…

(
) in terms of making an income, or general cash on fiverr.

Best of luck

🙂 Joe

The Creative Guys | 2014

Some of my gigs offer customized flash games for buyers. While those gigs specifically list a few things that are customizable, because of the time required for coding and graphical work to make the changes, I often get several buyers that ask me to go the extra mile with new graphics, color schemes, or features for a $5 gig. Often, the extra changes can take several hours to complete - and I am only making $4 for the work.

On occasion, I will do these extras at no additional cost, since I really enjoy making games and I like knowing my work will be out there for others to see. Especially since my clickable developer logo is in the game and directs to my Fiverr page (unless they choose the extra to remove it).

Sometimes, the features or requests are good ideas and I do the work since the additions will provide a better product in the long run, such as sound/volume controls, holiday versions, etc.

Creating new graphical schemes or re-tooling the colors will also provide me with pre-fab versions in the case of a future client requesting the same changes.

I have also had buyers order more gigs just to tip me, after I delivered their version of a game, just because they wanted to acknowledge that I went the extra mile for them.

However, I have found myself re-stating the gig limitations in my “provide me with…” after the gig is ordered, so they know not to ask for the moon.

Reply to @djsted

See, the thing is, Fiverr could not have nearly as many awesome gigs if they were confined to $5. As you know, $5 isn’t that much, and gigs like making a video or writing an original song can take an hour or so, if not more. $5 minus the $1 that fiverr takes for an hour of work isn’t pretty much anything. Especially for the talented people here on Fiverr! Therefore, they need to have the option to have higher prices.

Although I agree with many of the points made on this thread, there are some that I equally disagree with.

As a buyer, I search for whom I think are up to the job. After all there are no qualifications listed with any of the sellers, other than 2 years experience here and 5 years there within their specific field, so it boils down to trust and a great deal of faith. And half of the images that sellers display within their gig, look as though an 8 year old could do better with two yogurt pots, a palate of paint and an episode of Blue Peter.

When I engage a seller, I give them as much information as possible for them to complete their gig. I pay my $5 to get the show on the road and wave it goodbye with a great deal of risk, faith and a good bit of luck for good measure. I also leave instructions with the seller, that should they require any further information, they should not hesitate to contact me at any time. I do appreciate how much time, hard work and effort goes into these gigs, especially Photoshop, video and audio, as I have done all these myself and they do take a great deal of time. That said, I do very much appreciate it! If I feel that the finished product is worth more than $5, I will indeed extend the financial reward for a job well done. For all finished works that I sell within my business, I also offer a $1 remuneration to the original seller for each and every item sold worldwide. So although $5 may not seem very much, especially after the commission has been deducted, I do have other remunerations in place to compensate the sellers for their efforts.

Thank you for reading

Marc - PositiveGoods

I don’t care if it is $5.00 or 0.05. I do not mind going the extra mile, if I am able to. Here is something to think about: Some people come to Fiverr because $5.00 is all they can afford.

After that, some if these people hope that they get something worth more than five dollars. I absolutely lovvvvvve Fiverr. And, I was referred by someone who works for Newsweek.

Right now I use Fiverr’s $5.00 services because it is a necessity.

Reply to @kinggalaxius: I AGREE! I go the extra mile and give people what they want because I CARE about them! I care about the people because I was in their shoes and that is what drove me to create my own gigs, and I DO have bigtime experience, seriously, I have YET to see (not braggin) acting credits + be part of the unions of actors and producers here in America, that match mine, PLUS what I offer on here on fiverr…

If you LOVE fiverr you will help people out get what they want and THEY will FALL in LOVE with fiverr too!

Fiverr is about helping people out that have little to spend. THE ONLY TIME I charge extra is for TIME itself but never for the quanitity of my work, of course quanitity takes up time, but if it takes me an extra 20 SECONDS to add something to the video I won’t ask for another 5 dollars. Sure all of us can go back and forth with agruements about quality vs quanity vs being on fiverr…

I ALWAYS REMEMBER WHEN I FIRST CAME ON HERE, and i’m not rich guys, I saw SO much potential in creating art work especially with the actors on here…

OH and BTW guys, there are sites, LEGIT ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY sites (don’t know if I can mention outside links here), where you can cast actors for FREE and they WILL work for free for DEMO credits. So 5 dollars for a video is better then going to auditions and getting paid NOTHING.

LOVE FIVERR, LOVE WHAT YOU DO, and YOU WILL GET GOOD PEOPLE. Anyone messes with you, tell them NO THANKS and SORRY.

I don’t even want to be TOP SELLER EVER! Unless fiverr wants to act like my Talent agent and take 20% of my outside work and I even offered that to them! They said I have to be top seller but its a catch 22 now with that!

TO BE TOP SELLER, OR NOT TO BE TOP SELLER, that is the question!

Just posted something about more or less the same issue. However, I don’t totally agree with you.

If a specific service is ADVERTISED at a fee of $5; it is the seller’s responsibility to honour that fee. Period. If the work is to be sub-par because you’re only being charged $5; then the seller should state it. As a buyer, I don’t want to waste a whole lot of time testing and/or sampling what different sellers have to offer. Firstly; a lot of time is wasted that way and secondly; a job you believed was going to cost 5$ to get done has now cost you 30$ and is still not done. Defies the whole purpose of this great Fiverr idea to begin with. 🙂

I disagree in part since I do charge MUCH less on Fiverr than I would to my regular freelancing clients. Especially in the beginning I’ve done work for $5 that would otherwise easily have earned me $200. It all depends on how much time you’re willing to invest and how much satisfaction you get out of it. Money shouldn’t always be the main motivation, and that’s in part what I like about Fiverr. It kinda feels like a game. As long as people don’t abuse that, I’m willing to put in the extra time. But as soon as they automatically assume I’ll be spending hours on something for $5, then I hit the breaks.

Luckily so far most people have bothered to read my description or contact me prior to ordering, which helps avoid conflicts.

Archived