Cancel Order or I will give you a bad review! ?

gina_riley2

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing great.

I am a new seller on fiverr and after reading the whole conversation i want to share my bad experience with all of you.

I received my first message from client in July, 2020. He was humble and kind at the first time. When i delivered him the work done by me on urgent basis because he need that work in the very second day. So, i tried my best level to complete the task within 6 hours. He accepted and then ask me for revision on the other day. I did it as he asked me to do correction.

After a week, he offered me another task and i accept it with all required material i needed. I completed the task within a week as he gave me time of a week. And then my bad luck arrives. Unfortunately though.

Just after the submission, he ask me for revision. All the time he come up with the new things. It was 7 times i did revision. But he wasn’t satisfied. I asked him to clear me what he need. But he keep going with the lame excuses and mistakes. Although there wasn’t anything wrong with the assignment i did.

At last, he asked me to redo the task 😕 and gave me 24 hours for that work. I asked him to increase the delivery time because its not possible to complete the task within 24 hours. It was 15 pages work and he wanted me to redo it in 24 hours. I refused to do and then he asked me to cancel the order, i denied to do so. At that time i was new and working with second task and didn’t know about how to handle him.

He asked me to cancel the order and he himself contacted fiverr support and give put my worst impression on my gig that the seller is not qualified for required task. 😢

I become upset and wanted to get rid out of it and finally we ended up with the mutual agreement. I did his work for $40 which all goes in vain.

Firstly, you need to get rid of this line in your gig “Modification Will Be Free Until Your Satisfaction”, and make one of your FAQ define what counts as a revision. Second, when someone does use a revision, state clearly: “This is your one free revisions. Any further revision will cost $X.” Third, if someone demands more work than what you agreed to, reply outright: “Thank you for your further interest in my services. Your request is outside the scope of the current order, but I would be happy to add it for $X, or create a new order for $Y.”

Set your boundaries now.

P.S. I’m pretty sure buyers cannot see your order completion rate, so you’re wasting a FAQ slot. And I don’t know what SOAP notes are, but it sounds like academic work, which is against the ToS.

Firstly, you need to get rid of this line in your gig “Modification Will Be Free Until Your Satisfaction”, and make one of your FAQ define what counts as a revision. Second, when someone does use a revision, state clearly: “This is your one free revisions. Any further revision will cost $X.” Third, if someone demands more work than what you agreed to, reply outright: “Thank you for your further interest in my services. Your request is outside the scope of the current order, but I would be happy to add it for $X, or create a new order for $Y.”

Set your boundaries now.

P.S. I’m pretty sure buyers cannot see your order completion rate, so you’re wasting a FAQ slot. And I don’t know what SOAP notes are, but it sounds like academic work, which is against the ToS.

Thank you ma’am for your helpful suggestions. I am grateful to you 🙂

Unfortunately I’ve had to change around my setup on fiverr to only do gigs that If I get screwed, client cancels and runs off with my work, I am not out much. I was doing full length 5.1 film mixes that take 40+ hours of work, or mixing full songs that take 8hour…

But over the last month I have been scammed 3 times, 3 different buyers got my work, and then cancelled.

Outside of Fiverr I have never had issues going back 20+ years of doing this full time.

So, only offer gigs that you are willing to eat if the buyer cancels.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived