Is our account is secure?

jigraphicexpert

Hi! I want your suggestions.

I am working on fiver for 1 year on the same laptop now I want to gift this laptop my friend because his financial condition not good and he also wants to work on fiver with a different internet connection and now I buy a new laptop I need your suggestions is could we face any issue?

There should be no issue with this, as long as you log out of Fiverr before giving them the laptop and don’t have any passwords saved. But you should probably think about doing a whole wipe of your laptop before you give it to them. 1. For your own security also 2. So your friend has a fresh computer to work from.

There should be no issue with this, as long as you log out of Fiverr before giving them the laptop and don’t have any passwords saved. But you should probably think about doing a whole wipe of your laptop before you give it to them. 1. For your own security also 2. So your friend has a fresh computer to work from.

That’s a great answer Thank you so much

I agree doing the whole wipe is best. I’m not sure if just logging out will remove the Fiverr cookies. Making sure the Fiverr cookies are removed as well as any stored passwords would need to be done if a full wipe wasn’t.

I agree doing the whole wipe is best. I’m not sure if just logging out will remove the Fiverr cookies. Making sure the Fiverr cookies are removed as well as any stored passwords would need to be done if a full wipe wasn’t.

If the Fiverr website is coded correctly (it may not be just an assumption), when logging out it should send a command to the browser to remove the session cookie that allows you to stay logged in.

Again, this may not be the case, if it isn’t then Fiverr has a major security risk. I assume it is correct. You could confirm this by viewing your session cookie in developer tools and then logging out to see if it is removed/wiped clean.

But yes, wiping would prevent this risk and any other risk to data you may have stored or accessed on the laptop.

If the Fiverr website is coded correctly (it may not be just an assumption), when logging out it should send a command to the browser to remove the session cookie that allows you to stay logged in.

Again, this may not be the case, if it isn’t then Fiverr has a major security risk. I assume it is correct. You could confirm this by viewing your session cookie in developer tools and then logging out to see if it is removed/wiped clean.

But yes, wiping would prevent this risk and any other risk to data you may have stored or accessed on the laptop.

I just tried logging out in Chrome then looked at the Fiverr cookie (there’s >1). It still contained my user name in the “last logged in user” field. So even if you just log out if it reads the cookie and knows user X logged in previously but now user Y is using the same device Fiverr might think it’s the same user with multiple accounts and might issue a warning.

edit: field “was_logged_in” content: [contains my user name next to it]. Expires: When the browsing session ends. So maybe that will get deleted when the browser is closed and reopened.

I just tried logging out in Chrome then looked at the Fiverr cookie (there’s >1). It still contained my user name in the “last logged in user” field. So even if you just log out if it reads the cookie and knows user X logged in previously but now user Y is using the same device Fiverr might think it’s the same user with multiple accounts and might issue a warning.

edit: field “was_logged_in” content: [contains my user name next to it]. Expires: When the browsing session ends. So maybe that will get deleted when the browser is closed and reopened.

Possibly, or it might do that to allow the login page to remember your username? It is more likely your Mac address is stored on their session database along with associated username. It would be a much safer and more reliable way of matching users to devices. It is easy to delete your cookies, not as easy to change your Mac address without spoofing software.

Possibly, or it might do that to allow the login page to remember your username? It is more likely your Mac address is stored on their session database along with associated username. It would be a much safer and more reliable way of matching users to devices. It is easy to delete your cookies, not as easy to change your Mac address without spoofing software.

It is more likely your Mac address is stored on their session database along with associated username

Though they don’t have access to that I think. I don’t think it’s possible through html/javascript to access that and send it to a server.

edit: Maybe it’s possible in Java (not Javascript) but I don’t think Fiverr are doing that.

It is more likely your Mac address is stored on their session database along with associated username

Though they don’t have access to that I think. I don’t think it’s possible through html/javascript to access that and send it to a server.

edit: Maybe it’s possible in Java (not Javascript) but I don’t think Fiverr are doing that.

It’s not standard protocol to include a MAC address in an http packet. Although if using IPv6 it can contain a MAC address. Some scripts can be run on web browsers to retrieve your Mac address and sent when posting a form to the server.

I doubt they are doing that but it is a possibility. We are getting toward conspiracy theories now 😂

Can Help You with the Windows:
Try clearing the browser cookies and delete temp files using the below commands “Win+R ➡️ Hit Enter”. Ctrl + A ➡️ Hit “Shift + Delete” to Delete all files. Some of them are used by other programs so they won’t be deleted until the next restart and repeating the same.
2. Press Win+R ➡️ temp ➡️ Ctrl + A ➡️ Delete all
3. Flush DNS ➡️ Win+R ➡️ cmd ➡️ ipconfig /flushdns
4. Clear System Memory/Page file store on your system with the following steps

You can enable this by setting the ClearPageFileAtShutdown registry key to 1. Windows 10 has this set to 0 by default. Enabling this is easy.

1. Click the start menu and type Regedit . Click on the Regedit run command .
  2. This will open the Registry Editor. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management.
  3. Double-click on the ClearPageFileAtShutdown key on the right.
  4. Set the Value data field to 1 and click OK .

OR to save all of the above, just do a clean install of windows again. OR Purchase a new HDD/SSD/NVMe and perform a clean install. You can keep the old hdd/sdd with you for safety purposes.

Yes! I can remove cookies as well as installed new window on both laptops 🙂

Archived