ToS February 2020 Update - did you spot anything new? Plus: Poll - Liability Insurance!

miiila

poll2  

144 members have voted

1. 1. poll2

• Yes
    • No

I doubt if any freelancers on fiverr could get a liability policy. Insurance companies have underwriters who work with statistics based on previous things and there aren’t going to be statistics for fiverr sellers available.

If they could get a policy you can be sure it would be written in a way to make it worthless as far as actually doing anything.

I think that statement by fiverr is simply a way of saying fiverr isn’t liable for anything a seller does. All this is guesswork on my part however.

They can if they really want to and can find an insurer that offers a policy that would cover “Fiverr/platform work” to freelancers in their country. I’ve done some research and there are some who offer it. Everything comes at a price, of course.

I agree with the rest of your statement, though, the whole thing is just Fiverr making it even clearer than before that they aren’t liable for anything, that was in the ToS before that change already, they just added the bit with the general liability insurance policy, but it didn’t really change anything.

Archived