Who own the gig?

dannygohks

You own the video and the seller should not have uploaded it to Youtube without your permission.
Message them on Fiverr and send a screenshot of the video. If they ignore or refuse then send a ticket to Fiverr Support and explain the situation. You could also contact Youtube and show them proof that you bought it

You own the video and the seller should not have uploaded it to Youtube without your permission.

Message them on Fiverr and send a screenshot of the video. If they ignore or refuse then send a ticket to Fiverr Support and explain the situation. You could also contact Youtube and show them proof that you bought it

On what claim can I ask for Youtube to take down the video?

On what claim can I ask for Youtube to take down the video?

You own the video rights as per Fiverr Terms of Service

Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Gig page. Note: some Gigs charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for Commercial Use License. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.

You own the video

Unless seller has a “copyrights” as an extra on his gig.

@dannygohks please check if you seller selling copyrights separately. If he doesn’t then you own the video. If he does than you had to add copyrights as an extra to your order.

You own the video

Unless seller has a “copyrights” as an extra on his gig.

@dannygohks please check if you seller selling copyrights separately. If he doesn’t then you own the video. If he does than you had to add copyrights as an extra to your order.

Pretty sure that doesn’t mean the seller can just upload the video themselves though? I am open to correction on that but it would seem quite strange if a seller could be paid for a video and then upload it - probably before the buyer - and as has happened here, get more attention than the person who paid for it.

Pretty sure that doesn’t mean the seller can just upload the video themselves though? I am open to correction on that but it would seem quite strange if a seller could be paid for a video and then upload it - probably before the buyer - and as has happened here, get more attention than the person who paid for it.

it would seem quite strange

Well, it is unethical, and probably most sellers wouldn’t do it. but if seller still has all rights for that video I don’t see a reason why they wouldn’t be able to showcase their work on their own channel which is he probably using as his portfolio.

But of course first we need to find out if that seller indeed has copyrights as a gig extra.

But I’m also happy to hear other opinions to discuss

Most of the times the only valid reason for a seller to upload the video they made would be so that they can showcase it in their portfolio.

But even then the seller needs to get permission to do so.

@mariashtelle1

Copyright is a tricky subject.

I own and maintain copyright for the actual source files of every project I make as it is my own IP. I license it to the client.

They own the end video file but not the design if that makes sense.

However no video animation seller should have the option to charge more for “copyrights”. We can charge more to deliver source files. But no video animation gig would ever ask for copyright fees much like VO artists do.

That’s a whole different thing and one I occasionally have a problem with. Bit that’s for another topic. 🙂

@eoinfinnegan the buyer was very specific when they said they dislike the fact that the seller is getting more exposure using the same video. But we have no context.

Where did the seller upload the video? Did they ask permission? Do they own a larger channel and therefore are getting more exposure? Was it a video the buyer was hoping to monetize?

Archived