Gig Removed: Watch Your Words

ravenspointe1

Recently I had a long-running and best-selling Gig removed. It took me by surprise as it wasn’t spammy over promises and I wasn’t offering anything illegal or even morally questionable. I believe it came down to two words that were “flagged” by the Gig review bot. (I’m assuming it’s a bot because a human would most-likely understand the context of those two words.) The words were Academic Review. The reason for the deletion came in a letter informing me that schools have “honor codes” and it’s against Fiverr guidelines to provide homework. Yes. I know, and that was not the offer. Often in creating Surveys, buyers request a review of academic studies literature. In other words - read this stuff to understand my survey. It can be time-consuming and increases the Gig cost. But those two words, intent misinterpreted, got my Gig removed. I do a lot of writing and surveys on Fiverr. If the content is not, by its own nature illegal, I don’t ask and wouldn’t know how the buyer is using it. My very long point is - beware of your word choice. Has anyone else run into this issue? Do you put disclaimers about “not” doing homework in your Gig? (I added it to my FYI).

You might try “Literature Review of professional journals” instead. Those who want a literature review will know what you mean … and it shouldn’t get flagged.

That could also be flagged, though, and perceived as unethical and confusing. “Literature review” is a specific type of academic document. Creating that for a client would be unethical too and it doesn’t sound like that’s what the buyer is offering, anyway.

I know what a literature review is, having carried out several of them not so long ago.

The wording isn’t likely to trigger anything - although perhaps “professional journal research to base surveys upon” might be a safer alternative. The problem is that phrase is a lot of characters …

Archived