First Order is why difficult for newers

Guest malikhanbaloch

Guest malikhanbaloch

My question to fiverr experienced that why it is difficult to get first order.? i think there are much seller and small number of buyer on fiverr. am i right.?

That about sums it up! Not few buyers, but it does seem that the supply exceeds the demand for many services here.

Not few buyers, but it does seem that the supply exceeds the demand for many services here.

Also, demand in some Fiverr markets is shrinking, while the number of freelancers entering them isn’t.

Business card creation, certain types of graphic design, and background removal are three such markets that come to mind.

This is why it’s important to do your research before starting as a seller. 🙂

Not few buyers, but it does seem that the supply exceeds the demand for many services here.

Also, demand in some Fiverr markets is shrinking, while the number of freelancers entering them isn’t.

Business card creation, certain types of graphic design, and background removal are three such markets that come to mind.

This is why it’s important to do your research before starting as a seller. 🙂

Market research is so important! Many, many sellers here create gigs without researching first. You learn so much about buyer problems and gaps in the market when you research, so there’s a real advantage there.

Nope. I am not agree with you. Everything is hard at the beginning. And this is a market place. Nobody knows you who you are & you don’t have any reviews on your profile. Ask yourself the same question. Do you hire any newbie for your personal project or do you search experienced person.
And other things You have to know how Fiverr algorithm works. If the buyer can’t find you through the search result how can they hire you?
Here is no magic that you created a gig and your gig will be visible in the first page instantly. You have to work hard for that. then client will find your gig. If you provide good quality of services then you will be hired from some one.
Hope you understand.

I absolutely second what @humanissocial has already said, but to give you a more visual answer to your original question;

Searching Fiverr for ‘Data Entry’ - 25,000 results

1208039604_Screenshot2019-09-05at15_43_55.thumb.jpg.0311a441f55e9c8fa2efa60ed9520a4c.jpg

Searching for ‘Logo Design’ - 81,000 results!!!

1880709854_Screenshot2019-09-05at15_43_16.thumb.jpg.d43ddd18c38746717ea7c21bb708bd1c.jpg

There is simply nowhere near enough demand for all of those sellers. Plus, in all niches, many people throw together poor quality gigs and are not genuinely skilled in the services that they offer. If you told me that less than 5% of sellers on the platform were making consistent sales I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

I also just don’t think gigs like data entry sell that well. I know that people do use virtual assistants, but most data entry gigs on Fiverr are offering simple copy/paste work, which I just can’t believe there’s a huge market for in this day and age.

Nope. I am not agree with you. Everything is hard at the beginning. And this is a market place. Nobody knows you who you are & you don’t have any reviews on your profile. Ask yourself the same question. Do you hire any newbie for your personal project or do you search experienced person.

And other things You have to know how Fiverr algorithm works. If the buyer can’t find you through the search result how can they hire you?

Here is no magic that you created a gig and your gig will be visible in the first page instantly. You have to work hard for that. then client will find your gig. If you provide good quality of services then you will be hired from some one.

Hope you understand.

Everything you’re saying requires that the demand for a service exceeds the supply. Good SEO and descriptions are only valuable if there is a demand.

I absolutely second what @humanissocial has already said, but to give you a more visual answer to your original question;

Searching Fiverr for ‘Data Entry’ - 25,000 results

Searching for ‘Logo Design’ - 81,000 results!!!

There is simply nowhere near enough demand for all of those sellers. Plus, in all niches, many people throw together poor quality gigs and are not genuinely skilled in the services that they offer. If you told me that less than 5% of sellers on the platform were making consistent sales I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

I also just don’t think gigs like data entry sell that well. I know that people do use virtual assistants, but most data entry gigs on Fiverr are offering simple copy/paste work, which I just can’t believe there’s a huge market for in this day and age.

Thanks, @cubittaudio! The filters in the marketplace make it really easy to search to find even specific services, which is helpful because just using the search bar to do that relies on the gig having the same words as your query.

For example, you can search language-to-language translations and a host of other service options.

I also agree with you. But I tried to explain that. You need to know that fact as well.

Most of what you said contradicts that.

“You have to work hard for that. then client will find your gig. If you provide good quality of services then you will be hired from some one.” This is untrue and entirely dependent on supply/demand. It’s misleading.

Most of what you said contradicts that.

“You have to work hard for that. then client will find your gig. If you provide good quality of services then you will be hired from some one.” This is untrue and entirely dependent on supply/demand. It’s misleading.

Well.

So what do you mean?

1. Don’t we need good quality service.
  2. Don’t we need to rand our gig?

I will happy if you answer.

Archived