Please help. How to change an order, not cancell it

yourimagingguy

On one of my gigs, I write the script for an extra 40. A woman bought 2 of those and bought an intro and outro for her podcast.

After she bought it, she decided that she wants to write the script. So actually I would only need to charge her $30 total.

I went in to MODIFY order, and tried to change it. That was a mistake, because instead of reducing her price to 30, it upped it to $140.

She isn’t cancelling the order, we’re just reducing the order. I cannot find ANYWHERE to figure out how to do that. Can someone PLEASE help with this. The time is ticking on the order and I don’t want it to negatively affect my account.

THANK YOU!

On one of my gigs, I write the script for an extra 40. A woman bought 2 of those and bought an intro and outro for her podcast.

After she bought it, she decided that she wants to write the script. So actually I would only need to charge her $30 total.

I went in to MODIFY order, and tried to change it. That was a mistake, because instead of reducing her price to 30, it upped it to $140.

She isn’t cancelling the order, we’re just reducing the order. I cannot find ANYWHERE to figure out how to do that. Can someone PLEASE help with this. The time is ticking on the order and I don’t want it to negatively affect my account.

THANK YOU!

Once an order has been placed, it is impossible for you to reduce the price of the order (you can only increase the price and not decrease it).

I don’t think you have any other option than to cancel the order. When the buyer asked you to reduce the price, you should have first checked if Fiverr had such an option and then told them that it was not possible for you to do that as Fiverr doesn’t have a system in place where you can reduce the order price. In any case, I believe this will be a good learning experience for you for the future.

The modify order page is misleading.

If I cancel the order and she re orders, does that still negatively impact my account?

If I cancel the order and she re orders, does that still negatively impact my account?

Yes, sadly. That said, I’m assuming that your buyer did not accept your offer to increase their order about to $140? If you still just want to shave off a few $$s, maybe consider throwing in some free extras.

Also, don’t agree to let your buyer write their own script without seeing it first. You could end up with several pages of writing which wouldn’t be covered by what you offer in your gig anyway.

How significant does it affect the account? Also, why would it really affect the account if she isn’t cancelling due to any poor work? Doesn’t make sense.

How significant does it affect the account?

That depends on the number of orders you have completed in the last 60 days. The order cancellation % is the % of orders canceled in the last 60 days ((# of orders cancelled in the last 60 days*100)/total # of orders completed in the last 60 days).

Also, why would it really affect the account if she isn’t cancelling due to any poor work? Doesn’t make sense.

I agree… That makes no sense. However, unfortunately, as of right now, all cancellations (no matter the reason) affect your order cancellation %.

We had to cancel the order, and within 12 hours, I went from being at the TOP of “Best Selling” and “Recommended” - to being about 25th.

All because someone changed their minds about what they wanted.

I also have not even had one order in the past 15 hours.

This seems VERY unfair. I’m really disappointed, because I’ve been working really hard to build up my sales, and was having some awesome success.

We had to cancel the order, and within 12 hours, I went from being at the TOP of “Best Selling” and “Recommended” - to being about 25th.

This seems VERY unfair. I’m really disappointed, because I’ve been working really hard to build up my sales, and was having some awesome success.

Just send screenshots of the proof to the CS and if you request then it wouldn’t affect your cancellation rate at least.

You can use your salesmanship to convince people you know. 😀 I’m sure you can write a more professional script. People just need some guidance sometimes as they really don’t know what they want. It’s your job to tell them the best solutions.

Always know how to deal with buyer’s remorse which this was an example of.

That’s nothing. Wait until you go from 25th to 125th! - Does happen.

Sadly, it might not be over for you yet. If your sales decrease (due to decreased search exposure etc) your completed order percentage will continue decreasing. As a result, any new cancellations will shave off even more percentage points. Then before you know it, you’ll be demoted.

I’m not trying to scare you. However, the death spiral is real. In this case, (and although I realize you can’t do anything) try to avoid further cancellations going forward. My way of doing that is by being more selective about who I work with.

Don’t stress too much, though. If this was a rare event for you, it may be that you are able to recover quite quickly. Good luck!

The phenomenon of buyer’s remorse has been generally associated with the psychological theory of cognitive dissonance, a state of psychological discomfort when at least two elements of cognition are in opposition, and which motivates the person to appease it by changing how they think about the situation. Buyer’s remorse is an example of post-decision dissonance, where a person is stressed by a made decision and seeks to decrease their discomfort.

Understanding why she did this will help you to ease her anxiety and assure her you can deliver the job.

Thanks for the reply man. I go above and beyond to make sure everything is communicated exactly the way it should, to avoid any kind of confusion. So far it’s been fine, and the buyer who cancelled is really nice. All she’s doing is reducing her order because she rethought it. Fiverr really needs to look at cases like this and do something so the seller isn’t getting negatively impacted. I’m sure it doesn’t happen often, but it isn’t fair when it does. I know I’m whining, but I’ve just worked really hard to build this up over the past 2 months, and now because of no fault of my own, I’m being penalized.

You can use your salesmanship to convince people you know. 😀 I’m sure you can write a more professional script. People just need some guidance sometimes as they really don’t know what they want. It’s your job to tell them the best solutions.

Always know how to deal with buyer’s remorse which this was an example of.

No. This isn’t buyer’s remorse.

She originally bought my add-on where I write the script, and I couldn’t understand what it was she was trying to convey, on any level. So as a service to her, I told her it might be better for her to write her own script, because I couldn’t sufficiently understand what it was she was needing. So in fact, I was losing money to better service her. Now my account is already extremely negatively affected by her cancelling her order. Unbelievable.

No. This isn’t buyer’s remorse.

She originally bought my add-on where I write the script, and I couldn’t understand what it was she was trying to convey, on any level. So as a service to her, I told her it might be better for her to write her own script, because I couldn’t sufficiently understand what it was she was needing. So in fact, I was losing money to better service her. Now my account is already extremely negatively affected by her cancelling her order. Unbelievable.

It sounds like she needs your service as a writer then. She is unable to communicate clearly.

Archived