Work stolen via messages

shaddeart

Hi,
I’m a seller here on Fiverr and a user has just blocked me right after I sent him a preview of a logo he was going to purchase later. I sent him two, but for the second one I forgot to put the watermark.
What can I do? It took me some time to get this done and I’m a bit frustrated.
I guess it’s just lost work, but maybe there’s an alternative to it.

Thanks in advance,
Shadde.

Guest lloydsolutions

Hi,

I’m a seller here on Fiverr and a user has just blocked me right after I sent him a preview of a logo he was going to purchase later. I sent him two, but for the second one I forgot to put the watermark.

Thanks in advance,

Shadde.

You need to remove the username as negatively naming buyers and sellers is against forum rules.

I have tried to message him with other accounts but doesn’t work.

Not sure what you mean by the above. Having more than one account is a violation of the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

You need to remove the username as negatively naming buyers and sellers is against forum rules.

Not sure what you mean by the above. Having more than one account is a violation of the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

I tried with the url fiverr.com/inbox/user but it doesn’t work, so there’s no way to contact him.

Guest lloydsolutions

I tried with the url but it doesn’t work, so there’s no way to contact him.

If you have sent the work without having an order then you have worked for free.

The buyer orders and pays, and then you deliver.

Make sure to read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in detail.

If you have sent the work without having an order then you have worked for free.

Make sure to read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Yeah, I know. I’ve been here for almost two years. Just looking for a way to contact him or report him.

Guest lloydsolutions

Yeah, I know. I’ve been here for almost two years. Just looking for a way to contact him or report him.

Think you would be best to move on and make sure not to do work without an order in future.

You can’t contact him if he blocked you.

You can report him to fiverr but I’m sure they wouldn’t be able to do anything as he didn’t place an order and all your work considered as done with a good will for free now.

They most likely wouldn’t take actions against that buyer. No order, no transaction, no violation from his side. (Even though we all know how unfair it is)

That’s why fiverr strongly advising sellers to do all work only after getting an actual order.

You can’t contact him if he blocked you.

You can report him to fiverr but I’m sure they wouldn’t be able to do anything as he didn’t place an order and all your work considered as done with a good will for free now.

They most likely wouldn’t take actions against that buyer. No order, no transaction, no violation from his side. (Even though we all know how unfair it is)

That’s why fiverr strongly advising sellers to do all work only after getting an actual order.

Yeah, a bit unfair but it was clearly my fault.

Fiverr should add a checkbox to add a watermark to any attached file, right?

Yeah, a bit unfair but it was clearly my fault.

Fiverr should add a checkbox to add a watermark to any attached file, right?

They do. You can activate watermarks when sending files on the order page. (That’s where watermark is really needed and that’s how it used)

Fiverr is not encouraging people to work through messaging system and will never add watermark in messages. (It’s also will be quite annoying if every attachment sent through messages would be watermarked. (Because even if buyer would send attachment for references they would also be watermarked which might add difficulties.

And what would be the trigger to remove a watermark? (Right now watermark on the order page removed automatically after order is delivered and there wouldn’t be such an option in inbox messages)

Just follow the rules next time and do work as fiverr suggest you to. Sometimes we need to learn on this kind of mistakes.

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Shadde.

You have been here long enough to know that they need to place an order before you do a job.

Reading this post, it’s raised to me a doubt. Excuse me, If I make a question off-topic.

I make cartoon characters. Before an order, when the customer contact me and tell me his idea, I’m habituated to do him a FAST sketch of the idea (it isn’ t a final lineart, a simple sketch) and then if customer like it and after his opinions, he proceed with order.

Now, my silly question is: Is it permitted? Can I do this thing or I go against Fiverr’s Terms? 😮

Reading this post, it’s raised to me a doubt. Excuse me, If I make a question off-topic.

I make cartoon characters. Before an order, when the customer contact me and tell me his idea, I’m habituated to do him a FAST sketch of the idea (it isn’ t a final lineart, a simple sketch) and then if customer like it and after his opinions, he proceed with order.

Now, my silly question is: Is it permitted? Can I do this thing or I go against Fiverr’s Terms? 😮

Sure you can do a sample. That’s allowed.

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Shadde.

but for the second one I forgot to put the watermark

It’s just a fault of yours. Don’t put blame on the buyer. He/She has no mandatory responsibility to reply to your messages.

If i got this right, You are breaking fiverr Terms of Service as well which may lead to have your both accounts restricted. 🥴

Archived