You will never need to cancel a gig that you bought TIPS

danish82

I think that the buyer must always get all the information about the gig (by carefully reading the description) before purchasing it.

If he purchases the wrong gig he will surely have to cancel the gig.

So please keep this in mind while purchasing the gig, get the information about the gig you are purchasing.

First of all make sure that you read the details that are already given in the description of the Gig, and before you order, ascertain that you have understood every bit of it. If in doubt, ask questions. Don’t buy, and THEN ask questions to the seller.

That(asking questions) is what you can do before ordering any gig.

You must also see the time duration that the seller will take to deliver your order. Don’t end up buying a gig that will take 3 or 4 days to deliver, when you want your order to be delivered in just 1 day.

When buyers purchase the gig blindly in hurry without reading the description carefully and then they surely will have to cancel, the amount is refunded, but they can only use this refunded amount to purchase another gig. Therefore, a buyer should read the description carefully about what service is offered and then purchase the gig.

You can also check out my amazing gigs that show the description very clearly so that the buyer is not confused and another thing is that if a buyer is confused he/she MUST message and ask any doubt that he has.

http://fiverr.com/danish82/proofread-and-edit-your-document

Happy gigging :bz

Guest dsaldridge

Good advice. I try to be very explicit in my descriptions, but I’ve seen some that are way too simple and probably lead to cancellations and unhappy customers. Newbies tend to have descriptions that are way too simple.

It’s important for sellers to say what they WON’T do as well as what they will.

Yup, many people don’t read. I just had a man message me today asking if I speak English and can make a spokesperson video for him. He sent me this message directly from my spokesperson video! I told him that I was not going to answer any of his questions because it was clear that he did not take even just a few seconds to either watch my gig video, or read the description. So disrespectful and frustrating! It’s bothersome when people waste my time like that.

I myself, read. I needed a logo. I bought 6 gigs based on what they advertised. NO one delivered what they stated in their gig. Three people never delivered. After waiting over 24 hours beyond the delivery date, I requested a refund. I’m glad I bought 6. With the 4th person, I gave them the design and asked for it to be colorful with red and orange. I got blue and white. The 5th one, I sent back for revisions after showing them the design I wanted which they didn’t use, and I’m still waiting to hear back from #6. It can be very frustrating. I read what they offered and what I got was not what what they wrote. Still waiting…

Thankyou to everyone who replied. I answered a nessage on my page and when asked, I sent an exact copy of what I wanted (it was not sharp enough for e-book cover) hence the request. I was offered to have it done for $40. I accepted and he said 3 days. I keep trying to find out how to place and pay for this ordered gig but have had no luck. What should I do now?

Irene.

You know what, I as well as many other buyers, can read perfectly fine and I just had a perfectly dreadful experience here. I even contacted the seller in advance to clarify and he confirmed. He didn’t deliver what was promised and still put in that the gig was completed and then didn’t respond until I tried to cancel and he declined. It got nasty and I decided my $5.00 was worth warning people about him. So what did he do? Had the sale cancelled and opened a new account to take advantage of someone else!

Geeze you sellers act like people shouldn’t be asking questions. Half of the descriptions are so vague you never know what your getting anyway. The sellers don’t listen properly when you do explanation what you want, So far out of 6 Gigs I have had 1 Successful Gig. I have 1 in action and the other 4 have had to be cancelled. I had to cancel one because the guy changed his gig and then tried to get me to pay more. No thanks mate. The other 3 weren’t able to provide me with what I wanted within THEIR time frame. I even left it and sent messages to no avail.

Saying that I can understand the frustration of some clients as I do run my own business, and I do know that some people don’t read. So I do feel for some sellers.

My advice for Fiverr would be to instead of automatically buying the gig, to enter into a phase of communication. This way the Buyer can explain to the seller exactly what needs to be done and the seller can then produce an invoice for what would be owed.

When services are so cheap sellers don;t want to work to hard because the job doesn’t become viable. The buyer also doesn’t want to spend a fortune hence why this website exists in the first place. I do believe someone needs to change as it seems I’m not the only one who feels like this and its happening on both sides (seller and buyer) seems like miscommunication to me.

I agree, you have to realize many of the sellers do not consider this a career or a job, its more of a hobby and the treat it as so. There are only a handful of people, including myself, that use sites like this to make a living instead of extra money, so we tend to take it more seriously. You will find quicker response times, quicker turn over times, and more professionalism. I’m not saying those who use this platform as a hobby do not do these things, but on average, they don’t.

Reply to @bulletcleaners: Really sorry for your experiences. Most of the committed and good sellers would rather discuss at lengths than land up in a situation which is not good for their work and reputation.

I have had over 25 messages with a buyer once and I am happy that he contacted me before buying the gig as I ended up doing something quite different than what he had started out with.

things happen and there are times when all of a sudden multiple buyers decide to reply to your comments and buy gigs. Fiver communication system doesn’t make it easy on either buyers and sellers. A buyer may not get any work done but a seller has to actually bear the brunt of a late delivery and cancellations for a long time. If only fiverr could do a instant messaging thing we would all fare better.

The problem:

I have one of those gigs where there’s always a huge amount of cancellations and the niche is Facebook Likes for Websites. A year ago, no matter how clearly and eye-poppingly was written in the Title and the Description what I DO offer and what I DO NOT offer, it was so depressing to experience such a huge amount of invalid orders and therefore a huge amount of cancellations, 40-50% of the orders had to be cancelled.

The solution:

Since I realized that people don’t notice the big-lettered warnings nor read anything which is written in the Description and Title, I decided to use the gig’s Picture as a “weapon”. I created a very simple visually-psychological effect which, to my big delight, had a huge impact on the number of cancelled orders. Since I made the change, in average I have only 5 cancellations per month, which is an excellent number for a gig which has 720+ completed orders.

I put a video to my gig recently but I still keep my picture there, here’s the picture itself: 'fragglesrock’

The important part in the picture is the dark-red part. It simply attracts the user’s attention both when my gig is in the field of vision within the search results and when the user actually opens my gig’s page. It seems that something dark-red among a combination of blue and white looks good on a white surface 🙂

When buyers purchase the gig blindly in hurry without reading the description carefully and then they surely will have to cancel, the amount is refunded, but they can only use this refunded amount to purchase another gig. Therefore, a buyer should read the description carefully about what service is offered and then purchase the gig.

Reply to @elgerente: I would test redoing your picture so the warning isn’t in reverse print. Make it a white background with black type you can still put a red box outline, but this should increase your clarity.

On the other hand, I think there’s a small issue with taking your prime image space to say what your gig is NOT.

Perhaps there’s a much better way to solve this problem. Any thoughts?

Reply to @anarchofighter:

The image itself is not important anymore because there’s a video now, so I’ll just let it be. Thank you for your suggestion, though 🙂

Regarding the issue which you mentioned - I totally agree with you, I had the very same thought even before creating the image itself. When there was an image which showed what I offer - the number of cancellations was very high, I was once even “accused” by one client that “my gig is misleading” 🙂 …and it was obvious that he didn’t read the Title, Description nor Instructions in which it’s (still) clearly stated that I don’t accept orders for Facebook pages nor for like buttons which are connected to a Facebook page.

But… since he obviously wasn’t aware of the existence of the Facebook like buttons, just like many people out there, all he could think of is - This seller offers likes for a Facebook page, there’s nothing else possible for which he could offer likes…

If they spot the words “Facebook Likes” anywhere in the gig, that’s all they need besides the number of likes offered, and without an intention to “lose” another minute for reading the full Title and the Description, they order the gig. I mean… Spending 1 Whole Minute to Read the Description ???

http://mle.mymiddleearth.com/files/2013/07/aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.png

I once wrote to the CS: I don’t mind the cancellations themselves, I mind the negative effects on my gig’s rating produced by these cancellations and it’s not fair that my gig’s rating suffers because of other people’s negligence i.e. laziness to Read. I’m literally forced to do something which is quite non-professional - and that is to write on the gig’s picture what I do NOT offer. Not to mention that 1/3 of the picture is reserved for the warning. I mean, hello, that space could be used much more productively.

Nevertheless, in my case the warning and the dark-red color were as productive as possible: The dark-red area both attracted clients because of the reasons mentioned in my previous post and chased away those who would’ve ordered my gig by mistake if there was a picture without the warning.

I’m only sorry for those sellers who don’t even have the opportunity to put some warning like this one because of the nature of their work. Sometimes, the list of the things which you do NOT offer can be quite big. FB Post likes, FB Picture likes (which is technically the same, but not for the average person), FB Page likes, FB Votes for contests…

Now it’s not about the gig’s ranking because it’s obvious that these cancellations don’t have a negative impact there (except for the visual effect - a gig with 40% cancellations ? No thanks), but it’s the (ineffective, in the end) time which these clients consume.

In my case, some people are more polite (but still lazy) and ask questions first before eventually ordering. And most of them ask me whether I can add 5,000 to this FB page of theirs… And my first thought is - the answer is already explicitly written in the gig’s Description, gig’s Picture/Video and somewhat, the gig’s Title… so why asking me that via message ?

Archived