Webcams - What do you use?

kymmypops

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I’ll get a Logitech c920 webcam… as it seems to tick all the boxes (esp auto focus which I forgot to mention!) But I’ll be deciding later tonight so will let you all know, ooh exciting!!! But I guess I’ll have to wait until Santa brings it anyway! 😉 But that’s like a WHOLE 13 days… Owww lol! 😦

And… I’ll probably be buying a MacBook pro in the spring because I sense the motherboard is going to go on my laptop, it’s so old and laggy, impossible to work from unless you have a huge amount of patience, it’s starting to crack in some parts, the touch pad has pretty much been worn away, keys are starting to jam and it’s either going to explode or just melt into a plastic puddle on my lap. I think it’s time to get a new one.

I’m still unsure of swapping from a Windows to Mac though… I’m not a fan girl, the whole obsession with Mac’s has really put me off getting one if I’m honest lol! I literally just want the software that comes with it like imovies, it’ll make work easier in general, I won’t have to convert 99% of files just to edit them, it’ll be faster when I DO have to edit, I’ll get more editing options (nicer transitions etc.) and it won’t crack. Oh, and I guess I could get a pink case for it too 😉

I think I’ll get a Logitech c920 webcam… as it seems to tick all the boxes (esp auto focus which I forgot to mention!) But I’ll be deciding later tonight so will let you all know, ooh exciting!!! But I guess I’ll have to wait until Santa brings it anyway! 😉 But that’s like a WHOLE 13 days… Owww lol! 😦

And… I’ll probably be buying a MacBook pro in the spring because I sense the motherboard is going to go on my laptop, it’s so old and laggy, impossible to work from unless you have a huge amount of patience, it’s starting to crack in some parts, the touch pad has pretty much been worn away, keys are starting to jam and it’s either going to explode or just melt into a plastic puddle on my lap. I think it’s time to get a new one.

I’m still unsure of swapping from a Windows to Mac though… I’m not a fan girl, the whole obsession with Mac’s has really put me off getting one if I’m honest lol! I literally just want the software that comes with it like imovies, it’ll make work easier in general, I won’t have to convert 99% of files just to edit them, it’ll be faster when I DO have to edit, I’ll get more editing options (nicer transitions etc.) and it won’t crack. Oh, and I guess I could get a pink case for it too 😉

I’ll leave him the whole pack, and a bottle of wine! If there is any left Christmas Eve lol!

I’m not majorly into editing videos, I don’t like doing it unless I have to and I guess it is a must for longer videos, there’s no way I could read off a telepromter for over 5 minutes without messing up or pausing at least once… But most videos are under 1 minute which is fine.

I have got a lot better reading though! And learnt some big words so maybe one day I will be a pro at it. But practice makes perfect 😉 And until you’re perfect, you could just get someone else to edit your videos lol!

I’ll leave him the whole pack, and a bottle of wine! If there is any left Christmas Eve lol!

I’m not majorly into editing videos, I don’t like doing it unless I have to and I guess it is a must for longer videos, there’s no way I could read off a telepromter for over 5 minutes without messing up or pausing at least once… But most videos are under 1 minute which is fine.

I have got a lot better reading though! And learnt some big words so maybe one day I will be a pro at it. But practice makes perfect 😉 And until you’re perfect, you could just get someone else to edit your videos lol!

Going for the Logitech c920 because of the good reviews, 1080HD, built in mic, auto focus, USB connector, tripod. Only negative things I’ve found (which is was @oldbittygrandma also mentioned) was that the quality seems to really dip in low light rooms so I’m getting some lights too, but that’ll be on the next discussion 😛

And getting a Mac in the spring, ooh la la 😃

Reply to @kymmypops: It comes with a tripod? I’m tempted now too.

Also I thought you used lights! This sounds fangirlish but you’re the reason I joined fiverr. I thought you looked so official with your background,lighting and how clearly you spoke I wanted to be like you. (I have a stutter, ha.)

Reply to @lolacey: It does 😃 No my bedroom is just very bright especially in summer, as I have big windows on one wall but I’m buying some lights this evening with the help of @oldbittygrandma 😉 because there’s hardly any sun at this time of year.

Aww thank you, that’s so sweet hugs 🙂 It’s funny I used to hate talking in front of people and being on camera, I used to be very shy before joining Fiverr but it’s helped me in so many ways. Jo was the one who inspired me 🙂

@ozzieuk Is there not a patch or something you can download so it works with a Mac? The Canon 5D mk2 looks niceee bit too pricey for me though lol 🙂

Reply to @caiterz: I used to be shy on cam too! You get used to it don’t worry just practice, practice and get past the “block” of it. Just think “if I mess up, no one saw, and I get as many goes as I want to get it right” so just relax and try not to think about it so much. Mess about and joke when you’re filming too as it helps get me relaxed and keeps it entertaining, less “work” 🙂

Archived