Webcams - What do you use?

kymmypops

Hey all, so I’ve been on Fiverr nearly a year now and I’ve FINALLY decided to get a new webcam for my video gigs, well I’m actually hoping to get it for Christmas lol 😃

I’d like one with a built in mic (if possible), USB connection (in case I switch to a Mac next year), one that’s on a Tripod or that I can place on my laptop (as I use that as a teleprompter) instead of one which clips on top of the screen and 720 max as I don’t feel happy with my face being 1080 lol!

Anyone have any suggestions of some good ones? Which do you use? And do you wear mics for filming? 🙂

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Thanks Jo! I think I’m going to have to get some lighting too, I’ve been harassing my photographers about what to get and think I’ve finally decided… To go with what you and Sam originally suggested lol!

I use RealPlayer to convert MOV to WMV, Windows Movie Maker to edit (Oh shush guys, it’s not that bad just to split and cut videos… LOL) then have to edit the audio with Audacity… And then add the audio file back to the edited video and export. I know… O_o

So, it’s all free but a lot of hassle! That’s why I’m thinking to get a mac with it all kinda built in, I deliver in MOV anyway and it would save me time, but I don’t tend to edit videos a lot unless I have to. But until I’m ready to blow my Fiverr money on a Mac, I’m going to start with a webcam :3

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Thanks Jo! I think I’m going to have to get some lighting too, I’ve been harassing my photographers about what to get and think I’ve finally decided… To go with what you and Sam originally suggested lol!

I use RealPlayer to convert MOV to WMV, Windows Movie Maker to edit (Oh shush guys, it’s not that bad just to split and cut videos… LOL) then have to edit the audio with Audacity… And then add the audio file back to the edited video and export. I know… O_o

So, it’s all free but a lot of hassle! That’s why I’m thinking to get a mac with it all kinda built in, I deliver in MOV anyway and it would save me time, but I don’t tend to edit videos a lot unless I have to. But until I’m ready to blow my Fiverr money on a Mac, I’m going to start with a webcam :3

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I have a logitech c600 I think it is. The one below the c920. it has a mic, it has video calling features for s***e and IM chatting and animation. It makes amazing crystal clear videos. I used to do animated videos on it but it just got to be too much work.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I have a logitech c600 I think it is. The one below the c920. it has a mic, it has video calling features for s***e and IM chatting and animation. It makes amazing crystal clear videos. I used to do animated videos on it but it just got to be too much work.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

So far just enjoying my new Macbook using iMovie and photobooth- but certainly plan to upgrade soon enough. Anyone know of any good place for reliable free or low cost (vs. cheap & crappy) graphix editing software for MAC? I’m still a tadpole from my P.c. days- 😉

So far just enjoying my new Macbook using iMovie and photobooth- but certainly plan to upgrade soon enough. Anyone know of any good place for reliable free or low cost (vs. cheap & crappy) graphix editing software for MAC? I’m still a tadpole from my P.c. days- 😉

Archived