Fiverr needs to look into this

ollydave

UPDATE : User’s account is gone, including the listed ones in the message. However, the first link is still working.

Thanks for the update, Olly. 🙂 But blocking the user doesn’t really stop him/her from purchasing a gig and that’s a concern of mine. I’ve talked about this in another thread.

Exactly! They need to fix this. We should be able to have control over who we block from accessing our gigs. This should be an option for us.

That’s awesome! It gives me some reassurance that out concerns as sellers are seen as valid.

Maybe they’re working on the last one still!

Guest offlinehelpers

It’s not supposed to be anonymous. because they handle many payments, and it needs to be done with and existing person. Also, if it was anonymous, it wouldn’t exist a way to link your google/facebook/linkedin accounts.

I wont mind to offer my id, since it will help to clean many fake accounts.

When I joined there was nothing in the ToS about providing any official documentation. They’ve only added the link I posted in recent weeks.

They have my email address, they have my PayPal, they have my Facebook.

They’ll not be getting any more than that - that’s just me.

I hope that anything new they do in the future helps sort out the sort of problem the OP’s had as it sounds horrendous.

I don’t have any - my letter with my Ni number from 1980 has not surprisingly got lost, and I’m not prepared to give up my privacy.😉

The whole point is that it’s supposed to be an anonymous platform, but because some users can’t stick by the existing rules, all of us will have to suffer when they bring in new ones.

Added - delighted to hear it @ollydave! 🙂

I’m with you. I’d prefer to remain anonymous - different folks have different reasons why they want to be anonymous which I understand and respect fully… but if it came down to my using the platform depending on showing ID, personally… I’d go for it.

image Oh my Olly!

These types of threats are not right! It makes me worried to open my mail!

19185720d6486fc3fec8dc3128463eae82cddb70.gif

Hopefully, it will all get worked out with no issues for your account. I wonder if/when Fiverr requires IDs if that will cut down on this type of shenanigans?

I think you’ve opened up a… 😬

can-o-worms.gif.93f6a795fe900633c432d1278f50c572.gif

I want to share my thoughts but don’t want to derail @ollydave’s thread with the 🆔

When I joined there was nothing in the ToS about providing any official documentation. They’ve only added the link I posted in recent weeks.

I hope that anything new they do in the future helps sort out the sort of problem the OP’s had as it sounds horrendous.

I understand scam sellers being able to have multiple emails and Facebook pages, but is it really that easy to have multiple PayPal accounts? :thinking: Wouldn’t that mean having multiple bank accounts. Wait, I guess, I had two at one point and I know some people who have more. 🤐

Please… That’s a regular Monday morning buyer for some of us.

Re. ID… Don’t worry about it. There’ll be a gig for that soon. 🙂

Please… That’s a regular Monday morning buyer for some of us.

Re. ID… Don’t worry about it. There’ll be a gig for that soon. 🙂

sure, I respect your side, but I bet ToS never mentioned they would never do this.

I mean, I wouldn’t give up on fiverr just because they ask my id, because probably those user which fiverr will request this may get their account blocked if they don’t provide the necessary documents.

Probably they will start asking this within the countries with more scammer accounts.

I don’t have any - my letter with my Ni number from 1980 has not surprisingly got lost, and I’m not prepared to give up my privacy.😉

The whole point is that it’s supposed to be an anonymous platform, but because some users can’t stick by the existing rules, all of us will have to suffer when they bring in new ones.

Added - delighted to hear it @ollydave! 🙂

Believe me the 🆔

Yes, lots has changed since I joined in 2012. It’s almost a completely different platform/setup.

Believe me the 🆔

I think they will too, but the ID requirement will be one of several reasons…

Believe me the 🆔

I also believe it will not eradicate the problem, but it will help for sure.

Hahahahahha yup!😁

I’m with you. I’d prefer to remain anonymous - different folks have different reasons why they want to be anonymous which I understand and respect fully… but if it came down to my using the platform depending on showing ID, personally… I’d go for it.

I’ve got a valid 🆔 and fresh blood if they want that, too. (Forensic)

According to the link, it’s mandatory, so people will not have a choice.

I’ve got a valid 🆔 and fresh blood if they want that, too. (Forensic)

According to the link, it’s mandatory, so people will not have a choice.

LOL yup I got that too!! 😎

I will be happy to submit my ID!

This will definitely help!

The “Please rest assured that I have forwarded” does sound a bit different than the template one gets in “less grave” cases, at least, I think, so maybe they tagged it with some “urgent!” tag or such. 🙂

Hopefully! This is a very serious issue that can happen to anyone

That’s awesome! It gives me some reassurance that out concerns as sellers are seen as valid.

I hope so. I just checked, it is still active. In fact, the user is online on this account.

lease… That’s a regular Monday morning buyer for some of us.

Do you get threatened? If yes, what do you do about it?

The “Please rest assured that I have forwarded” does sound a bit different than the template one gets in “less grave” cases, at least, I think, so maybe they tagged it with some “urgent!” tag or such. 🙂

I hope so. I just checked, it is still active. In fact, the user is online on this account.

Oh… ughhh 😑

Finger’s crossed!!

I have magic powers. Usually people who threaten me end up in mental asylums. Most of the time, though, I just ignore it.

This morning it was:

SEND ME SAMPLES OF YOUR PREVIEWS WORK AUDIO AND VIDEO

Followed after I said no with:

YOU CAN NOT REFUSE SERVICE TO ME!

I just don’t have the time at the moment.

I have magic powers. Usually people who threaten me end up in mental asylums. Most of the time, though, I just ignore it.

This morning it was:

SEND ME SAMPLES OF YOUR PREVIEWS WORK AUDIO AND VIDEO

Followed after I said no with:

YOU CAN NOT REFUSE SERVICE TO ME!

I just don’t have the time at the moment.

Oh mine! That is really shocking

Is threatening a new thing? They really need to implement the block feature. Sigh

Archived