"Modify Work" policy should be updated!

kmax91

• 9 months later...

Recently I’ve had no end of grief with one customer. I did her order to exact specification, allowing myself plenty of time to get it done and yet just before the timer was due to end she decided randomly to request ‘modifying’ the order. This has happened twice each time waiting just before the order is marked as complete to request more modifications. The order in question is for only $5 but she keeps asking for more and more, each time she has spelt my name wrong (a minor grate but still fustrating) and ignored the blatent request after the two modifications (there is a timer on your order for me to complete this to time, please do not request to modify please accept it and pm me privately if you would like a modification). She has not listened and continued in this way, now the order is marking itself as ‘late’ and yet she is still demanding I do the work. 😦 With time differences to work out between buyers and sellers in different countries it can always bw hard but I feel I am losing sleep trying to apeal a buyer despite completing the order exactly as she had ordered it.

I used to have a book trailer gig up. I worked two jobs outside of Fiverr (still work two jobs). I had a 7-day lead to complete each video, with an additional 2 days tacked on for each Extra ordered. I generally could finish each project with at least 2 days to spare, depending on the complexity of the project.

Only two or three times did I have to deliver very close to the deadline, and only one or two of those resulted in a modification that took me past the deadline.

Still, it’s very disheartening to log in and find those big red letters saying the order is late! There definitely should be something implemented that gives the seller extra time when a modification is requested. Maybe if there are 24 hours or less left on delivery time, then a NEW timer could kick in for an additional 48 hours or something.

SOMETHING.

Then there were a handful of times that I would deliver the order with plenty of time left (sometimes within 24 hours on those few days when I didn’t work my other jobs), only to have the buyer come back on the LAST DAY and use the modification request feature.

This is where the seller feels punished for being “late”. It’s not that we’re late in these instances, it’s that the buyer waited too long to request a modification.

I did have to ask a person once to please refrain from using the Modification option and communicate through messaging. We were able to set up an evening when we both had time, and I was able to finish her video.

It’s amazing what good communication can do, but sometimes even that isn’t enough. We need SOMETHING to help with this modification issue.

This is pretty bad and I wish it changed. The clock keeps ticking even on the background. Let’s say I have 5 days to deliver the gig, and I deliver it within 24 hours. Gig is marked as complete while the clock marked “4 days to go” Time passes and you hear nothing from buyer. Let’s say on the 4th day, the buyer buys an extra (or requests modification) you will find out that you only have 1 day to deliver… so pretty much the seller jumps the line requesting the extra (or modification) and puts seller in a pitch. This system is really needed some improvements.

• 2 months later...

I just had this issue! Sort of. I have a buyer that has clicked to modify like 9 times, and they are just asking random questions that have nothing to do with their gig ect. I just had them modify again today, two days after the original deadline, so it was two days late.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think they have updated the policy. Yesterday I delivered an order 1 hour before the deadline. And today the buyer requested a modification and the timer got reset to 24 hours. I think they just added 24 hours to the deadline, they ignored the time when the buyer requested the modification (which was 2-3 hours after the deadline.) So I got approx. 21 hours to work on the modification.
What if the buyer had requested the modification 20 hours or 24 hours after the deadline?

• 1 month later...

Will this feature ever get resolved? I deliver most of my orders on time. However, I have a 50% on time rating only because of modifications. Like others stated here, when a buyer asks for mods a few times, it is often at night when I am not working. That overnight time adds up quickly to push me late over and over. For instance, I did not work on Christmas and of course, Christmas eve someone requested a mod. I delivered that order 2 days early. But alas, with the modification, I am now late no matter. Not a very good feature. It is not very fair to the seller.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I just got penalized for 4 days now because the customer ordered my gigs and then was not ready with the info until days later. I had to keep submitting before the deadline and the buyer kept requesting modifications.

It’s a bummer since I finally started to gain some traction here and was getting daily clicks & inquiries for over a month. Now I have zero clicks and no impressions for days after doing nothing wrong 😦

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue, the gig already delivered and already finished and its already beyond 24 hours since the actual delivery time. So i was thinking this will be over since it already says " It will be mark complete after 3 days" and I just waited for the buyer to either complete the order or just wait for 3 days to mark it complete.

To my surprise, even if its already beyond the delivery date, the buyer for some reason click on the modification button and requested to modify the gig.

And to my surprise, the timer then shows " LATE"
how come my GIG is late when it was already delivered before the deadline time and its just happened the customer click on modify order after the span time (or within 3 days before the order will be completed).

This is somehow the glitch on fiverr.

My observation is that, if the buyer will click on “modify” order even if its already beyond the delivery time but its not yet “mark as complete or within 3 days before it will be mark complete” then the timer will still show LATE.

Now, the problem here is that, if the GIG has unlimited revision, then the customer keep on clicking request for modification, then it will never be over as long as its in the 3 days period. The buyer can always click Modification til forever, as long as its not more than 3 days then the modification will never be over, and the delivery time will greatly affect you since it is already showing “LATE”

Fiverr should disable the buyer to modify the GIG once the delivery time has reached, since its not the fault of the Seller to modify the GIG since its already beyond the offered delivery time.

To be fair to the seller and the buyer, the buyer must communicate or request modification within the delivery time, not beyond the delivery time (beyond the delivery time modification must be disabled).

It is annoying.
I am a web programmer. Before delivering any work i host the website to my server. Then i give the link to my buyer. If they said great work. Send the file." Then i send the file. Otherwise i fix the problems then send the file.So there will be no issues for requesting modification. But sometime i have to face some annoying issues.

One day one of my buyer request for modification and write, “I don’t need modification. I have a question. Just tell me which files you edited?”

Some says , “Perfect work. I don’t need modification. I will show the file to my boss and then i will complete the order.”

Is there any bad effect if buyers request for modification?

Guest hanashivoice

Ooo I HATE that! I got to the point where I had to add this to my buyer instructions: “The ‘Request Modification’ button is reserved for actual changes that need to be made. Don’t click it if you only want to ask a question.”

• 2 months later...

Please I could not find what a buyer was looking for and I went ahead to deliver the little I did for him. He feels he should pay me something for the effort but the agreed price, now he wants me to charge him lower than the initial price for the order. Is it possible to modify my charges.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest studiovoicepro

I agree. Maybe it should be 24 hours for Buyers that purchased the ExtraFast Gig…but a little more time for Buyers that did not purchase that Gig Extra. Maybe 2 days for those Buyers. After all, we Sellers have other Buyers and life responsibilities to tend to. 🙂

• 2 months later...

Archived