Gig Problems containing "Description contains illegal characters"

amir_sazzad

Cut paste it to Notepad and again copy from the notepad and paste on the description. It will help clear any hidden charactors. And see if you are using unusual symbols.

what is the meaning of unusual symbols… can you give me some example?

• Like 22

• 9 months later...

Cut paste it to Notepad and again copy from the notepad and paste on the description. It will help clear any hidden charactors. And see if you are using unusual symbols.

thanks a lot brother. i same problem and fixed it. say again thanks a lot.

#shifan

• Like 19

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

please help why the show, Description contains illegal characters

that is my description

Hello

I will design a creative flyer and Brochure for digital printings or social media publishing or any other you want

I hope to design a professional eye catching flyer or poster or Brochure creatively and in high quality for your favors

also I am designing logos for your business and I recommend that all designs are my own creations

For better creations please provide me below mentioned according to your choices and it makes it more effective	Let me know your concept and suggestions	A logo of your business if available	Any images you want 	The correct text and what text to highlight	Any preferred color or style
  • Like 15

Wow, how am I supposed to “get creative” if I’m not even allowed to type properly. At first I was excited but it’s starting to seem like this site could use some serious reworking.

You can use all normal ASCII characters, and normal punctuation marks in the description. You can use a-z, -, +, ?,",’,$,£, commas etc. including some non-standard ones, it’s just there are certain characters you can’t use and like was suggested, using notepad to copy and paste from should help get rid of any characters Fiverr doesn’t support for gig descriptions.

• Like 17

You can use all normal ASCII characters, and normal punctuation marks in the description. You can use a-z, -, +, ?,",’,$,£, commas etc. including some non-standard ones, it’s just there are certain characters you can’t use and like was suggested, using notepad to copy and paste from should help get rid of any characters Fiverr doesn’t support for gig descriptions.

Nope. I couldn’t even use comma’s or periods. Literally nothing. Even the tab button is apparently risque. I eventually got it to work by just removing everything.

• Like 15

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a problem with my gig
I don’t know why but I can’t find my gig on any page in the last 4-5 month
I don’t know where is the actual problem
I also try to contact customer support but they always reply to me that my gig is active
but where is my gig
I didn’t find it on any page

• Like 17

• 4 weeks later...

I also have a problem with my gig

I don’t know why but I can’t find my gig on any page in the last 4-5 month

I don’t know where is the actual problem

I also try to contact customer support but they always reply to me that my gig is active

but where is my gig

I didn’t find it on any page

@tushar_khan try to modify your description, write it SEO optimized

• Like 14

A few days ago I faced the same problem. even though I never use any special character or symbol in my description. finally, I solve it & how…?

this problem is getting when we do copy-paste any content from the .txt file. during paste any content to gig description we have to use short-key (shift+Ctrl & V). Also, have to take extra care during “Bold & Highlighting” any text after copy from the .txt file.

Hope you got the points…

• Like 19

please help why the show, Description contains illegal characters

that is my description

Hello

I will design a creative flyer and Brochure for digital printings or social media publishing or any other you want

I hope to design a professional eye catching flyer or poster or Brochure creatively and in high quality for your favors

also I am designing logos for your business and I recommend that all designs are my own creations

For better creations please provide me below mentioned according to your choices and it makes it more effective	Let me know your concept and suggestions	A logo of your business if available	Any images you want 	The correct text and what text to highlight	Any preferred color or style

Please guide me if I am using any illegal character while writing my gig description.

As per guidelines from the community I have already removed all the special and necessary characters from my gig but still giving an error.

Here is my gig description:

We provide you accounting bookkeeping and taxation services with the best of our knowledge

You can hire us for the services for which either you are not willing to perform due to lack of your time which can be very useful for your business or you are having difficulties to perform because of you do not have sufficient knowledge to perform

We provide you the market competitive rate from which you can save up to half of your cost

VAT Registration

Value added tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business

Business involves with European Union Members are required more than ever to understand VAT and requires professional knowledge and technical skills

We provide an efficient and cost effective VAT service which includes

Assistance with VAT registration

Advice on VAT planning and administration

VAT control and reconciliation

There are four methods we can use to assist in VAT return

Let us do your bookkeeping and we complete the return from there

Give us your books and we will complete the return

Provide training on how to complete your return

In addition we will apply for VAT registration for you

Kindly help me.

Thanks and kind regards

• Like 14

Hi there,

There are no such restrictions. It can be a bug in the system. Best way is to copy all text to notepad and past one paragraph at a time. Before that refresh the page. Then delete everything in the description before start. Then save each time you paste the paragraphs.

Thanks.

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...