Response Rate- Ruined my sleeping hours

hmm. that is very strange. My response time is always 1 hrs and but my response rate keep dropping. I check my dashboard almost everyday.

I think you are right. I should get in touch with fiverr support.

Reason I didnt I feel they always fob you off with this kind of things as they said it is the script and the software and they can’t do anything as last time I asked them to check it.

I certainly should not have been put down to Level 0 while I was on vacation!

I came back, logged in, turned off vacation mode, and then was shocked to see fiverr dropped me down to level 0. I asked them why, they never had a proper answer and said, it was my response rate, how can I respond while on vacation?

Reason I didnt I feel they always fob you off with this kind of things as they said it is the script and the software and they can’t do anything as last time I asked them to check it.

This is likely because there are hundreds of people complaining about the same thing but who legitimately have low response rate. Be very specific in what you say and don’t ramble on about it.

My response rate is inaccurate. I know I have responded to all messages, even spam. Can you please refresh my account/dashboard/stats to see if there is a bug because I have tried everything else.

That’s it - no need to mention anything about your sleep pattern or complain about anything - Just the Issue + what you want them to do.

You could also go through all of your messages for the past 60 days and check them manually - if you really want, you could make a table showing the response time of each new message you received.

This is likely because there are hundreds of people complaining about the same thing but who legitimately have low response rate. Be very specific in what you say and don’t ramble on about it.

My response rate is inaccurate. I know I have responded to all messages, even spam. Can you please refresh my account/dashboard/stats to see if there is a bug because I have tried everything else.

That’s it - no need to mention anything about your sleep pattern or complain about anything - Just the Issue + what you want them to do.

You could also go through all of your messages for the past 60 days and check them manually - if you really want, you could make a table showing the response time of each new message you received.

Thank you!

I’ll send them a message right now.

Hopefully they’ll help me out.

Fiverr support got back to me.

Apparently I did not reply to a spam!

Well, this is so unfair 😦

Because of some idiot I suffer, and I suffer sleepless hours and I suffer loss of income.

How unfair is this?

What is fiverr trying to do to it’s sellers?

By the rules of fiverr, we are suppose to respond to spams either by replying or by reporting.
I didn’t do any of this somehow I can’t remember why, I probably just thought bto ignore it.
Now I know the rules about spam and replying or reporting but why should some idiot spammer cause me so much stress to a seller.

I replied back to fiverr support and awaiting a reply to reconsider my issue.

Another strange thing happened today!
I was on 80% response rate today.

Since fiverr support mentioned I was on 78% I went and checked my dashboard and to my surprise it was right. I’ve been dropped down to 78% within the past 6 hours or so!

can you guys believe that?

I’ve been on the fiverr platform all day today literally. and during this time I went down to 78% from 80% for no reason.

what is going on???
I’m going crazy here.

fiverr support as usual telling me about the rules.
There is something wrong, I can’t keep dropping down for no reasons.

This is nuts!

When can we use “Mark as read” so it doesn’t count as No response?

I always thought if I clicked on “Mark as read” it would count as a response.

was I wrong?

You just need to respond to the first message sent - whether it is spam or a million dollar customer. That’s what the rate is based on, the first message alone.

It is not difficult to do and this is why everyone above asked you if you had missed one. If you were unaware that this was necessary to do then it is possible/probably that it was not just once. The Response Rate evolves over 60 periods so you messages you responded to 61 days ago will have dropped off the calculations today, hence the drop today.

There is nothing crazy about it, nothing difficult to fixing this - just respond to every one. To spam messages, just respond “No” and dont respond again. That’s it.

At least you have your solution now and can ensure that it doesnt happen again!

was I wrong?

Yes, that’s why people asked you that.

Marking as read just means you read it.

You just need to respond to the first message sent - whether it is spam or a million dollar customer. That’s what the rate is based on, the first message alone.

It is not difficult to do and this is why everyone above asked you if you had missed one. If you were unaware that this was necessary to do then it is possible/probably that it was not just once. The Response Rate evolves over 60 periods so you messages you responded to 61 days ago will have dropped off the calculations today, hence the drop today.

There is nothing crazy about it, nothing difficult to fixing this - just respond to every one. To spam messages, just respond “No” and dont respond again. That’s it.

was I wrong?

I appreciate you spending the time to provide a well written response. I hope other sellers with similar issues see this. I hope the person who requested it actually reads it.

was I wrong?

I think I got it.

so it is the very FIRST message we need to respond.

How stupid I have been! I never knew it was the very first message that was the main one we had to respond for the response rate.

I’m sure there are 100s or even 1000s of sellers here who never knew this either.

Sorry to everyone who got annoyed with me 🙂

And thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

I still don’t get why fiverr dropped my response rate and dropped me to level 0 while I was on vacation even tho the Vacation-Mode was fully on.

I suppose I should to get back support and ask them about it.

I was shocked to see myself al Level 0 on my return from vacation.

I think I got it.

so it is the very FIRST message we need to respond.

How stupid I have been! I never knew it was the very first message that was the main one we had to respond for the response rate.

I’m sure there are 100s or even 1000s of sellers here who never knew this either.

Sorry to everyone who got annoyed with me 🙂

And thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

I still don’t get why fiverr dropped my response rate and dropped me to level 0 while I was on vacation even tho the Vacation-Mode was fully on.

I suppose I should to get back support and ask them about it.

I was shocked to see myself al Level 0 on my return from vacation.

It is only simple when you know the answer 🙂. I am sure you are right about the numbers of people who don’t know about it. Checking in on the forum every couple of days is a great way to pick up little insights like this. In addition, asking questions here gets you answers much quicker than elsewhere and there are lots of experienced sellers (as you saw) that are ready to help out when they can.

As to being demoted when on vacation, I suspect this is because your stats were down before that or the 60 day period including your vacation did not measure up. Vacation could not be allowed as an exception or else everyone would go on vacation from the 14th to the 16th and avoid the evaluation 😃

I would suggest forgetting about trying to get your level back through contacting CS - I am unaware of ANYONE who has had a level restored that way. Instead, take this as a lesson learned, start getting good sleep and focus on your work during work hours. Keep that up and you will get the levels back in good time.

It is only simple when you know the answer 🙂. I am sure you are right about the numbers of people who don’t know about it. Checking in on the forum every couple of days is a great way to pick up little insights like this. In addition, asking questions here gets you answers much quicker than elsewhere and there are lots of experienced sellers (as you saw) that are ready to help out when they can.

As to being demoted when on vacation, I suspect this is because your stats were down before that or the 60 day period including your vacation did not measure up. Vacation could not be allowed as an exception or else everyone would go on vacation from the 14th to the 16th and avoid the evaluation 😃

I would suggest forgetting about trying to get your level back through contacting CS - I am unaware of ANYONE who has had a level restored that way. Instead, take this as a lesson learned, start getting good sleep and focus on your work during work hours. Keep that up and you will get the levels back in good time.

Thank you! Lesson learned.

And I do it as fast as I can every time except when I am sleeping, but even then I wake myself up to reply so Response rate does not drop.

I have a small setup which gives me an electric shock to wake me up when I get a message. 🔌

Good for you…

And I do it as fast as I can every time except when I am sleeping, but even then I wake myself up to reply so Response rate does not drop.

I have a small setup which gives me an electric shock to wake me up when I get a message. 🔌

I have a small setup which gives me an electric shock to wake me up when I get a message.

Lol, you said that with a straight face! 😶 on the inside.

Hi,mine setup little bigger than of yours.i get shock of about 440watts.that keep my whole family awake.

Where can I get one of those?

What is even the significance of the response rate? If you respond within 24 hours, then that’s all that matters. You all take numbers too seriously. It’s only there to scare you into doing things you wouldn’t normally. Like sleeping next to your PC to maintain response rates of an hour. Buyers don’t care as much as you think they do. And if they do care, then you’re not the seller for them. Period.

Archived