Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! ?

n4y33m

Here is the story:
One of my gigs has its only package which offers 2 days delivery. An honorable client selected and ordered 5X of that gig. I don’t understand why the time is still 2 days, it should be 5Xdelivery time. if I do my best by going as far as possible, I’m nowhere near to do 5X work of that service in two days. However, that is not the problem.

The problem is, he sent me: “I will send you the PSD files tomorrow ASAP” this text as instructions.
Then I tried to explain the facts and sent him a couple of texts, though sometimes his profile shows online, yet he doesn’t write back to any of my messages.
There is not much time left to stop the countdown and I’m still waiting for his instructions.

According to Fiverr,

• If I make a blank delivery to stop the clock and wait for his instructions, It will be the violation of ToS,

• If I send a cancellation via Resolution Center, My completion rate will fall under 90% and I will be demoted to level 1.

• If I do nothing but wait for his words, it will be so late and maybe my first late order.

• If none of that happens, maybe Fiverr Support will do a force cancellation to that order which is still the same lose for me.

I’m totally neutral right now 😐, and can’t think of following any of the solutions! Also, can’t imagine losing that purple badge of mine when I’m still innocent.
Suggest me if you have something to overcome this situation. :roll_eyes:

You can use the Resolution Center to ask him to extend the delivery time.

He didn’t give me any instructions yet! I’m waiting two days for his "tomorrow ASAP."

If I don’t get any response, instructions, then how come he will accept the time extend request? this is scary! 😤

Here is the story:

One of my gigs has its only package which offers 2 days delivery. An honorable client selected and ordered 5X of that gig. I don’t understand why the time is still 2 days, it should be 5Xdelivery time. if I do my best by going as far as possible, I’m nowhere near to do 5X work of that service in two days. However, that is not the problem.

The problem is, he sent me: “I will send you the PSD files tomorrow ASAP” this text as instructions.

Then I tried to explain the facts and sent him a couple of texts, though sometimes his profile shows online, yet he doesn’t write back to any of my messages.

There is not much time left to stop the countdown and I’m still waiting for his instructions.

According to Fiverr,

• If I make a blank delivery to stop the clock and wait for his instructions, It will be the violation of ToS,

• If I send a cancellation via Resolution Center, My completion rate will fall under 90% and I will be demoted to level 1.

• If I do nothing but wait for his words, it will be so late and maybe my first late order.

• If none of that happens, maybe Fiverr Support will do a force cancellation to that order which is still the same lose for me.

upload blank file and wait for the instructions.

violation of ToS,

Not a good idea! 😢

He didn’t give me any instructions yet! I’m waiting two days for his "tomorrow ASAP."

If I don’t get any response, instructions, then how come he will accept the time extend request? this is scary! 😤

If I don’t get any response, instructions, then how come he will accept the time extend request? this is scary!

All you can do is try. If you don’t try, he will definitely not be able to accept the request.

You can also immediately send a ticket to CS and inform them of the situation.

As catwriter suggested, use the resolution centre to extend the delivery time.

Do it for as many days as you need to complete the work and add an extra day or two for him to get you the files. Let him know you are requesting the extension because he hasn’t provided the information you need to start the work.

Do it for as many days as you need to complete the work and add an extra day or two for him to get you the files. Let him know you are requesting the extension because he hasn’t provided the information you need to start the work.

Let him know you are requesting the extension because he hasn’t provided the information you need to start the work.

And because he purchased more work than can possibly be done in 2 days.

Those gig multiples are a disaster. Fiverr should change it so that ordering multiples also extends the delivery time.

I guess that’s the only way left to have some hope but still depends on the unresponsive client.

Fiverr should change it so that ordering multiples also extends the delivery time.

Totally agree! Both system and some stupid clients giving us a real hard time to keep up the good work.

I guess that’s the only way left to have some hope but still depends on the unresponsive client.

Fiverr should change it so that ordering multiples also extends the delivery time.

Totally agree! Both system and some stupid clients giving us a real hard time to keep up the good work.

but still depends on the unresponsive client.

You are assuming he will be unresponsive to your request, which may not be the case. If you don’t send him the time extension request, he can’t even have the chance to come back to you…

But yes, I agree about the multiples and the time. They made changes to the VO category to help with things like this - you can set how many words you can deliver within your timeframe and extra words add extra time to the delivery.

Let him know you are requesting the extension because he hasn’t provided the information you need to start the work.

And because he purchased more work than can possibly be done in 2 days.

Those gig multiples are a disaster. Fiverr should change it so that ordering multiples also extends the delivery time.

I agree. Though it would depend on the gig and how many multiples were ordered. There are some gigs that might only take 15 mins to do with a delivery time of 1 day (so for that gig you might be able to do quite a lot in one day without needing to extend the delivery time), whereas other gigs could take many hours/days to do. Fiverr could also be told how much time you are available on which days to help with the calculation of when and by how much to extend the delivery time for gig multiples etc.

Oh Nayeem - not what you wanted really, but at least you don’t have to wait around now.

When will these cancellations stop? :frowning_face:

When will these cancellations stop?

What can I say about it? Some of the fellow friends recommended me to raise my price from $5 to $10 to decrease cancellation. I was thinking about listening to them, but now its a $50 order!

Welcome to the SUFFER NEEDLESSLY NO MATTER WHAT CLUB.

A similar order where the buyer ordered multiple gigs just happened to me. To compound that, I had already had to cancel 5 orders due to buyers ordering the likes of 2-day delivery gigs and saying, I’ll message you the details over the weekend, before disappearing forever.

Top tip. After cancelling an order, the gig in question will vanish from the search for a while and orders will stagnate. This will make recovery impossible due to you having fewer new orders to compensate for the effect of the cancellation. If, however, you increase prices on your gig, Fiverr’s algorithm seems to say, “oh, we like him, let’s give him a bit added exposure.”

Working for me so far.

Welcome to the SUFFER NEEDLESSLY NO MATTER WHAT CLUB.

A similar order where the buyer ordered multiple gigs just happened to me. To compound that, I had already had to cancel 5 orders due to buyers ordering the likes of 2-day delivery gigs and saying, I’ll message you the details over the weekend, before disappearing forever.

Top tip. After cancelling an order, the gig in question will vanish from the search for a while and orders will stagnate. This will make recovery impossible due to you having fewer new orders to compensate for the effect of the cancellation. If, however, you increase prices on your gig, Fiverr’s algorithm seems to say, “oh, we like him, let’s give him a bit added exposure.”

Working for me so far.

and orders will stagnate.

That happened to me before but never gave much attention. But, right now it’s about the demotion.

UPDATE: Just got a (one and only) reply from the honorable client:

Couldn’t you try to find out what his ‘misunderstanding’ was and what he thought he was ordering and try to get that delivered (if he gives the required files), even if it means extending the delivery time or maybe even getting others to help work on it to get it delivered in time.

and orders will stagnate.

That happened to me before but never gave much attention. But, right now it’s about the demotion.

right now it’s about the demotion.

It is always going to be about demotion for as long as the system stays like this. In this case, you need to ask yourself if you want to live in a state of constant anxiety for the rest of your life, or instead, just want to give the cause of your anxiety the middle finger.

I prefer the finger route.

Couldn’t you try to find out what his ‘misunderstanding’ was and what he thought he was ordering and try to get that delivered (if he gives the required files), even if it means extending the delivery time or maybe even getting others to help work on it to get it delivered in time.

That would be a lot of pain is my @$$, even more than I can handle. I guess, he thought I can write codes for five pages of a website in two days, even without the required design. So he just showed up and ordered and vanish again!

Archived