Gig denied after a year of selling!

junaidmasooddj8

Why can’t I just edit my current gig that has pretty good reviews on it.

I can only guess. It is because if you edit out the part about the videos being for fiverr it becomes in a way a new gig and the reviews will not apply to it.

This is just a guess and I’m not saying if I agree with that but that is what it sounds like to me. That gig was to make fiverr videos so that was not something that could be edited, since those reviews would not apply if you changed the whole gig that much.

I still cannot accept the fact how they removed our gigs completely.

Their motto is IN DOERS WE TRUST and after seeing this kind of behavior, that does not match.

And this is a serious thing. I mean this is our livelihood. If they do something like this, only sellers have to face the issues.

Though that thread was about people holding a sign and similar things whose gigs were being removed. I’m assuming this gig was for producing 2 animated gig info videos for Fiverr users, based on the preview images. I wouldn’t have thought it would be in the same category of gigs being removed like the sign holder type gigs.

I’m assuming this gig was for producing 2 animated gig info videos for Fiverr users, based on the preview images. I wouldn’t have thought it would be in the same category of gigs being removed like the sign holder type gigs.

I try to save CS responses about Editorial Focus when I can. At least in 2015 they were trying to cut way back on gigs that related to creating things for other sellers and videos were in the denial group. Here is an actual screen shot from a user and the response from CS, though I’ve redacted some personal info. You’ll see that gig videos, gig reviews and gig visitors were all specifically disallowed at that time. Other Fiverr-related areas might have gotten by but wouldn’t have been listed in search. This might have changed, but from the sound of the OP issue, they still have an issue with these gig types:

image.png.32ed2495ed05459e396bf52977831f5e.png

It sounds like the OP got to stay running for longer than some others, but eventually got snared by the same issue.

I’m assuming this gig was for producing 2 animated gig info videos for Fiverr users, based on the preview images. I wouldn’t have thought it would be in the same category of gigs being removed like the sign holder type gigs.

I try to save CS responses about Editorial Focus when I can. At least in 2015 they were trying to cut way back on gigs that related to creating things for other sellers and videos were in the denial group. Here is an actual screen shot from a user and the response from CS, though I’ve redacted some personal info. You’ll see that gig videos, gig reviews and gig visitors were all specifically disallowed at that time. Other Fiverr-related areas might have gotten by but wouldn’t have been listed in search. This might have changed, but from the sound of the OP issue, they still have an issue with these gig types:

It sounds like the OP got to stay running for longer than some others, but eventually got snared by the same issue.

That should be published officially. Thanks for posting that @fonthaunt

There is a Pro seller with a gig called “I will make your fiverr gig description awesome” starting at $50. It’s been there for about a year at least.

And there are 115 gigs about fiverr gigs:

https://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=✓&source=top-bar&locale=en&search_in=category&query=fiverr%20gig

fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png.45c6bb0ed63150e42fdfda4f6f3ff9a3.png

That should be published officially. Thanks for posting that @fonthaunt

There is a Pro seller with a gig called “I will make your fiverr gig description awesome” starting at $50. It’s been there for about a year at least.

https://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=✓&source=top-bar&locale=en&search_in=category&query=fiverr%20gig

I don’t know if they’ve changed their “focus” a little bit or not, but that’s the only thing I had in my archives that might explain this particular seller’s problem. It’s definitely hard to anticipate what is and isn’t going to stick.

Perhaps they should update their educational material while they’re at it…

update their educational material

Some materials do need updates, but I think the one you referred to is substituting the words “I will create a VERY unique gig title” meaning that the seller should create a good/unique/friendly title for their own gigs. It doesn’t look like an example of an actual gig title. I also don’t see title creation on the list of disallowed ones and any copywriter could probably do gig titles.

The main issue probably started with gigs offering to buy and review other people’s gigs which would be a clear violation. Unfortunately it spread out from there and now it’s kind of convoluted.

I try to save CS responses about Editorial Focus when I can. At least in 2015 they were trying to cut way back on gigs that related to creating things for other sellers and videos were in the denial group

The “1. I will create a video for your Fiverr video profile” - I assume that means/includes “gig info” videos - so they wouldn’t be allowed.

Though when they introduced mandatory videos for gigs in the video & animation category, they said this:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

We’re making a change to the Video & Animation Category!

TLDR; You may need to update your gig gallery! What are we changing? Starting from the 1st March it will be mandatory for all gigs in the Video & Animation category to have a gig video. What do I need to do? If you don’t already have a video of...

Reading time: 2 mins ? Likes: 23 ❤

Services in the Video & Animation category will generally require you to have professional video skills, so we expect this won’t be an issue for sellers. Should you need help polishing you video, check out our Fiverr expert audio/video talent here. A great script can really help explain your gig to potential buyers - If you need help writing your script for the video check out our scriptwriting talent here.

So they were (in March 2017 - nearly 2 years after that message from support) even saying it was okay for sellers in the video category to get help from other users or offer help to other users with their gig info videos - for help with the video/audio and also for the script writing.

I think that someone mentioned that gigs related to other Fiverr gigs (for example, promoting them, or helping sellers write gig descriptions) were no longer allowed?

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

A while back one of my gigs was directed at helping people with their gig image/profile. It was removed from Fiverr because of the editorial committee.

I try to save CS responses about Editorial Focus when I can. At least in 2015 they were trying to cut way back on gigs that related to creating things for other sellers and videos were in the denial group

The “1. I will create a video for your Fiverr video profile” - I assume that means/includes “gig info” videos - so they wouldn’t be allowed.

Though when they introduced mandatory videos for gigs in the video & animation category, they said this:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

We’re making a change to the Video & Animation Category!

TLDR; You may need to update your gig gallery! What are we changing? Starting from the 1st March it will be mandatory for all gigs in the Video & Animation category to have a gig video. What do I need to do? If you don’t already have a video of...

Reading time: 2 mins ? Likes: 23 ❤

Services in the Video & Animation category will generally require you to have professional video skills, so we expect this won’t be an issue for sellers. Should you need help polishing you video, check out our Fiverr expert audio/video talent here. A great script can really help explain your gig to potential buyers - If you need help writing your script for the video check out our scriptwriting talent here.

So they were (in March 2017 - nearly 2 years after that message from support) even saying it was okay for sellers in the video category to get help from other users or offer help to other users with their gig info videos - for help with the video/audio and also for the script writing.

Looks that way, don’t know what to tell you. All I have is stuff I’ve saved and some of it does conflict.

A while back one of my gigs was directed at helping people with their gig image/profile. It was removed

I also had a gig that was about helping people buy or sell and I got a message asking me to take it down.

• 3 years later...

I think that someone mentioned that gigs related to other Fiverr gigs (for example, promoting them, or helping sellers write gig descriptions) were no longer allowed?

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

My gig has also been removed and I was providing the same service “gig description” 😪

Archived