I was in a car accident, didnt deliver about 30 orders on time, help!

careem

Everyone should laugh at themselves once in a while. I had a good laugh at that one because I was in that exact situation 5 years ago.

Feel asleep at the wheel, ended up in the ditch 5 ft from a rolling creekbed car wedged between two trees.

First thing I did after moving the airbag out of my face was to try and find my phone which was sitting on the front seat before the accident, found it on the floor and texted my wife. THEN I called 911.

Oh, and unbeknownst to me, the car was on fire at the time.

It’s horrendous how people react in these situations sometimes. I had a friend call me a couple of years ago to say “Andrew! Guess what just happened?”

Me: “What?”

Friend: "I was waiting for the bus and I was sat talking to this nice old lady and suddenly she’s just fell asleep on my shoulder and started drooling. Who does that?

Me: “Probably someone who just had a stroke. Best phone an ambulance.”

Friend: “What? On 999?” - (The UK 911)

Me: “Yes.”

It’s horrendous how people react in these situations sometimes. I had a friend call me a couple of years ago to say “Andrew! Guess what just happened?”

Me: “What?”

Friend: "I was waiting for the bus and I was sat talking to this nice old lady and suddenly she’s just fell asleep on my shoulder and started drooling. Who does that?

Me: “Probably someone who just had a stroke. Best phone an ambulance.”

Friend: “What? On 999?” - (The UK 911)

Me: “Yes.”

My neighbors were all standing around as an elderly man who was leaning against a car talking to them suddenly slumped down and collapsed on the pavement. Assuming that he had a heart attack they began pounding vigorously on his chest, trying to restart his heart.

After five minutes of this, one finally yelled out “he’s gone” and they stopped pounding on him.

I had been watching the whole thing at a distance and let out a small scream involuntarily when the man yelled “he’s gone”. It was quite a commotion.

While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, another neighbor came over and said “he does this all the time” and sure enough, the man opened his eyes and got to his feet. He was drunk.

My neighbors were all standing around as an elderly man who was leaning against a car talking to them suddenly slumped down and collapsed on the pavement. Assuming that he had a heart attack they began pounding vigorously on his chest, trying to restart his heart.

After five minutes of this, one finally yelled out “he’s gone” and they stopped pounding on him.

I had been watching the whole thing at a distance and let out a small scream involuntarily when the man yelled “he’s gone”. It was quite a commotion.

While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, another neighbor came over and said “he does this all the time” and sure enough, the man opened his eyes and got to his feet. He was drunk.

Happens to the best of us 🙂 - Usually, though, I don’t need CPR, just some kind of timed alert on my phone to remind me that I am not a world champion arm wrestler, physicist, or Adonis among men, Moreover, letting myself think that I am could lead to problems.

Guys, I have contacted them and asked. This is their answer: "Unfortunately, there is no way for us to reset your ratings. You will have to resume working on your account and receive good reviews to climb your way back up. Keep in mind that Fiverr’s policies allow users to only have one account- if you decide to start over, you must deactivate this account permanently. "

So there is no way, I dont want anyone to experience the same as I did.

They told me to start over, or climb way back up… after so many negative reviews will really be hard. I think my fiverr carrer has unfortunately ended, and I loved fiverr so much. 😕

Thanks for not giving up on me guys.

Guest offlinehelpers

Guys, I have contacted them and asked. This is their answer: "Unfortunately, there is no way for us to reset your ratings. You will have to resume working on your account and receive good reviews to climb your way back up. Keep in mind that Fiverr’s policies allow users to only have one account- if you decide to start over, you must deactivate this account permanently. "

They told me to start over, or climb way back up… after so many negative reviews will really be hard. I think my fiverr carrer has unfortunately ended, and I loved fiverr so much. 😕

Please don’t give up on your account - you’ve got far too many excellent reviews to abandon them!

Use buyer requests, and explain the reason for your negatives - it won’t be long before those drop off the bottom of your profile page anyway!

Good luck! ☀️

I think my fiverr carrer has unfortunately ended

What makes you think so?

All your one star ratings are more than 4 months old. Meaning, they should have already lost their importance in weighing down your account.

It seems the account has lost ‘momentum’ and may take steps to regain it. Respond to buyer requests, Start new Gigs, promote Gigs via Social media, Adwords etc.

Yeah, that’s the reason I don’t like that we will be rated or leveled based on the latest 60-day period rather than on the basis of a lifetime record on Fiverr. If something were to happen, either I got sick or my mom got sick and I was off Fiverr for a week or two, and had to cancel some orders, that would be it for my Fiverr journey. Life is like that, you can’t predict what’s going to happen in the future. The new system assumes everything will be perfect and everything will be rosy - permanently and rewards people for being perfect all the time, on a permanent basis. Well, that’s not how life is like.

welcome to the world of Fiverr my friend.

Guest offlinehelpers

People are making black humor jokes here 😃

really dark…

I really wish to know the outcome for this seller. He should ask fiverr to cancel these 1 star reviews orders.

If you read the OP’s response a few posts above you’ll see the reply he got from CS. ☀️

Thanks guys for your respond and your support. Should I contact support then? Do you think they will help me by that? There is like 30 negative reviews that I recived due to inactivity.

Please let me know

Hi careem

I think Support can’t not help you in this matter because they can’t go out of their Rules. Buyers are same important as Sellers to them . It is shocking that you were sick but the buyers didn’t know that and that’s why they gave you bad review. It’s not the fault of them.

But in this position , it’s better to contact Support formally and tell them everything clearly . May be they can help you another way technically .

Best of Luck.

At least it sounds like they are okay with you starting over. I wasn’t sure if that was allowed.

It’s totally crappy that all that work is lost, along with the ratings, but let’s be honest. If Fiverr was going to play arbitrator on every tough situation a seller might encounter, they’d have to hire a ton of people just to handle it. And frankly, most of the excuses would be made up or lame, unlike the unfortunate OP here.

I would hate to have to start over, but it’s nice to know they’ll let you.

I know it’s very frustrating for you, but I would start over if were you, and not give up. I think we are in the “glory days” of Fiverr, where a person starting today can still make it big. I have been on Fiverr as a buyer since 2014, but only started selling in January 2017, and by February I was able to quit my regular job (and am making much more freelancing than I was on salary). I wouldn’t want to start over, but I can’t imagine where else you might go to expect to find a better way to make a living.

You have quite a lot of reviews, and still 4.7 in spite of this row of 1 stars.

I have no idea at all whether that is an option from Fiverr´s side, but if you can prove that you were in the hospital and couldn´t deliver those orders at that time, with a medical certificate from the hospital, you could at least try, they can´t say more than no.

And if they say no, and you want to keep the account, you could try putting an explanation in your profile text and maybe in the gig descriptions too for people who´d look.

If I was a buyer and read that explanation and see that all those 1 star reviews were in a row and before that there were lots of good reviews, I might risk to order.

Else, you could try the ‘promote your gig on social media thing’, with the ‘back from hospital message’ too, and you could see if you can find family or friends or local people who might need something your gigs offer to get a couple sales and reviews that show that you´re back and didn´t give up on the account.

If you hadn´t so many good reviews already, I´d say start over, but like this, I don´t know, it´s difficult, I suppose, the thought that you´d only lose time if it won´t pick up again against losing those reviews.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Careem, welcome back. I wouldn’t start out new just yet. I would do what Mila said.

you could try putting an explanation in your profile text and maybe in the gig descriptions too for people who´d look.

Also, add a few new gigs. If you are replying to BR make sure to add a little sentence about your recent struggle. Don’t take it as an excuse but try using it in a positive way…make sure your clients understand you are back and eager to work!

Don’t be discouraged if you don’t see a lot of traffic since the holidays are comming up, give yourself a bit of time to recover before making the decision to start all over again.

Wishing you much success. 🍀

Very sorry to hear about your accident and I hope and pray you have made a full recovery.

You probably won’t like what I am about to say but Fivver is your opportunity to show case yourself and your business. If you are going to accept money for services then you must keep your buyers informed. I am sympathetic to your situation but how would you run your business if you were direct to the public. The lesson to be learned it that you must have a delegate so in the event you are not able to log in someone does it on your behalf and notifies your customers.

BUT at the end of the day your life and health is more important that any review. So stay blessed with the ratings you have I am sure you will go forward in a very positive way.

God bless

Very sorry to hear about your accident and I hope and pray you have made a full recovery.

You probably won’t like what I am about to say but Fivver is your opportunity to show case yourself and your business. If you are going to accept money for services then you must keep your buyers informed. I am sympathetic to your situation but how would you run your business if you were direct to the public. The lesson to be learned it that you must have a delegate so in the event you are not able to log in someone does it on your behalf and notifies your customers.

BUT at the end of the day your life and health is more important that any review. So stay blessed with the ratings you have I am sure you will go forward in a very positive way.

God bless

If you are going to accept money for services

Just mentioning, in case it might not be clear, sellers only get the money after an order is delivered and completed + 14 days (new, level 1, level 2 sellers) / +7 days (top rated sellers).

Until the order gets delivered and the buyer completes it, or the system autocompletes if after 3 days (because some buyers just never show up again and the seller then never would get paid for their work/time), the money stays with Fiverr.

I agree that, of course, one should try one´s best to inform buyers if possible.

Archived