Bad buyer! Be careful with messages

inaram

Guest offlinehelpers

inaram, I got same request today from ***********. My first day on

Fiverr! In order to see the VO content they use a company based in Cyprus that wants CC info and become a member. I sent it to customer support, haven’t heard back yet.

Thank you! ☀️

inaram, I got same request today from ***********. My first day on

Fiverr! In order to see the VO content they use a company based in Cyprus that wants CC info and become a member. I sent it to customer support, haven’t heard back yet.

Yes its the same message. This is virus and scam.

Hello, some fiverr buyer, send me a trojan via message, also he wanted Voice over work.

He send this :

"Hello, buddy!

I need a good voice over.

Please, Check my info in attached file:"

And file was with trojan!

Hello, I cant believe, this user https://www.fiverr.com/*********, send me a trojan via message, also he wanted Voice over work.

He sent me the same message. When the attachment (Word doc) asked to disable “protected view” I bailed.

Sorry you got bit.

My antivirus program detected and deleted the file, he sent doc.type, usually buyers send their script in doc.,word or pdf file, but this was trojan. 😦

My antivirus program detected and deleted the file, he sent doc.type, usually buyers send their script in doc.,word or pdf file, but this was trojan

Do you have Word set to open documents in protected view? That prevents the executable in a file from running.

My antivirus program detected and deleted the file, he sent doc.type, usually buyers send their script in doc.,word or pdf file, but this was trojan

Do you have Word set to open documents in protected view? That prevents the executable in a file from running.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll check it.

I have MS Word sent up to open documents in the protected view. If you have a virus or trojan, what happens then? Does your antivirus then warn you before you open it?

I have MS Word sent up to open documents in the protected view. If you have a virus or trojan, what happens then? Does your antivirus then warn you before you open it?

Protected view allows you to view the doc without being able to edit it. So if there is a virus in it that cannot run and infect you. So the virus is not able to harm you unless you take out of protected view. Antivirus wont warn you in protected view because the virus is not active. If you did remove from protected view and it was infected, Anti Virus should catch it at that point, provided it is a virus that’s been seen before. Someone is always patient zero for a new virus.

Protected view allows you to view the doc without being able to edit it. So if there is a virus in it that cannot run and infect you. So the virus is not able to harm you unless you take out of protected view. Antivirus wont warn you in protected view because the virus is not active. If you did remove from protected view and it was infected, Anti Virus should catch it at that point, provided it is a virus that’s been seen before. Someone is always patient zero for a new virus.

As a proofreader, I need to take it out of protected view to work on it.

Thanks for the info!

Do you know what happen if the file sit on the computer but I run it only via google doc? (i dont double click it on my computer)

Does it affect my computer?

Archived