Scams [ARCHIVED]

oliver22

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly! There are a lot of buyers that buy gigs and leave bad feedbacks or start arguing just to receive a refund!

As sellers we are able to leave buyers feedback as well, but its sad that it doesn’t go anywhere with that. I think fiverr should work on that…

Rating buyers is as much as important as rating sellers. I will gladly reject an order from a buyer with low ratings, because I don’t want to work for free!

Due to these kind of reasons and for eliminating this kind buyer, I sent future request for providing a option to ACCEPT button of order and we can ban any of buyer. I hope fiverr support will consider this request as future request and will work on same.

Due to these kind of reasons and for eliminating this kind buyer, I sent future request for providing a option to ACCEPT button of order and we can ban any of buyer. I hope fiverr support will consider this request as future request and will work on same.

I don’t know that there will ever be a easy way to reject or ban orders or buyers. With so many people here, all issues are very subjective. Plenty of folks will still be willing to work with ‘bad’ buyers or sellers and just because one person assumes they have been scammed or takes some sort of offense, that doesn’t mean another person will agree with them.

People can be too ignorant or spiteful (especially when it comes to money) to give them too much power at the touch of a button.

I don’t know that there will ever be a easy way to reject or ban orders or buyers. With so many people here, all issues are very subjective. Plenty of folks will still be willing to work with ‘bad’ buyers or sellers and just because one person assumes they have been scammed or takes some sort of offense, that doesn’t mean another person will agree with them.

People can be too ignorant or spiteful (especially when it comes to money) to give them too much power at the touch of a button.

Reply to @vedmak: Yeah, see, I agree in theory, but then CS will just be overwhelmed with irate buyers instead of under-the-thumb sellers. And Fiverr™ HQ will be losing a huge (and questionable) advantage of unhappy buyers not willing to put out much effort to get back a ‘measly five bucks’ even if the work was unusable.

The system needs a major overhaul and hopefully that’ll happen before the cracks get out of hand.

Reply to @vedmak: Yeah, see, I agree in theory, but then CS will just be overwhelmed with irate buyers instead of under-the-thumb sellers. And Fiverr™ HQ will be losing a huge (and questionable) advantage of unhappy buyers not willing to put out much effort to get back a ‘measly five bucks’ even if the work was unusable.

The system needs a major overhaul and hopefully that’ll happen before the cracks get out of hand.

Reply to @vedmak: I think the ‘instant’ nature of transactions here is what makes the business model successful. If sellers can get too picky (look at how many ask for advice on how to slow down their order flow) and start refusing lots of orders, then yes, I do believe that after a buyer goes to the effort (how ever minimal that may be) and decides to place an order and then gets refused - especially if it happens a few times - they’ll get irate.

And unfortunately, yes, I do think that a good amount (maybe not the majority, but many) people would prefer to stick it out with their ‘first choice’ than move onto to greener pastures. It’s the perception of it being more effort to change (another aspect of the successful biz model), and also the psychology of being rejected. That’s why so few people ever bother to try and change insurance companies or refinance a mortgage, even if it will save them money (and possibly effort) in the future. They don’t want to be wrong about their initial decision. And let’s not forget, there are people who genuinely just like the power trip of ‘making’ someone do what they want.

It seems pretty dramatic, but all sales are about psychology and human nature.

Reply to @vedmak: I think the ‘instant’ nature of transactions here is what makes the business model successful. If sellers can get too picky (look at how many ask for advice on how to slow down their order flow) and start refusing lots of orders, then yes, I do believe that after a buyer goes to the effort (how ever minimal that may be) and decides to place an order and then gets refused - especially if it happens a few times - they’ll get irate.

And unfortunately, yes, I do think that a good amount (maybe not the majority, but many) people would prefer to stick it out with their ‘first choice’ than move onto to greener pastures. It’s the perception of it being more effort to change (another aspect of the successful biz model), and also the psychology of being rejected. That’s why so few people ever bother to try and change insurance companies or refinance a mortgage, even if it will save them money (and possibly effort) in the future. They don’t want to be wrong about their initial decision. And let’s not forget, there are people who genuinely just like the power trip of ‘making’ someone do what they want.

It seems pretty dramatic, but all sales are about psychology and human nature.

Reply to @vedmak: I must have recently lost all of my communication skills. 🙂

I’m not saying that how it is is right or that it shouldn’t be changed. I’m only trying to give my opinion on why it’s the way it is. Meaning that I don’t think Fiverr gives a monkey’s chuff if it’s fair or moral as long as they keep enough people happy enough to keep the money rolling in. And that few enough laws are broken that they don’t get shut down. “Enough” is the important word. Keep the squeaky wheels lubed, but as long as it keeps moving, why invest in a new machine?

Reply to @vedmak: I must have recently lost all of my communication skills. 🙂

I’m not saying that how it is is right or that it shouldn’t be changed. I’m only trying to give my opinion on why it’s the way it is. Meaning that I don’t think Fiverr gives a monkey’s chuff if it’s fair or moral as long as they keep enough people happy enough to keep the money rolling in. And that few enough laws are broken that they don’t get shut down. “Enough” is the important word. Keep the squeaky wheels lubed, but as long as it keeps moving, why invest in a new machine?

Since last week I lost 500$ on fiverr just because of scammers …

See how

1- Some buyers buy big orders [ $40-$100 ] > I worked happily for them > they added POsitive feedback

Now scam starts after 4-5 days

they apply chargeback on paypal or from credit card company

So All orders from those dogs will be cancel and all fund will be refunded …

::: And our dear fiverr can not do nothing [ they said its policy ] , policy to kill sellers what the f
ck.

Now tips to save your money from those dogs ...
1- If any one orders for big money check how old they are on fiverr ,[ if 1-2 days old then its alert call for you try to investigate them before work]
2-If you think fiverr will save your money then forget it you are only who can save it

If any suggestions for me to get my money back please let me know thanks

and if anyone faced same issue please comment here

Since last week I lost 500$ on fiverr just because of scammers …

See how

1- Some buyers buy big orders [ $40-$100 ] > I worked happily for them > they added POsitive feedback

Now scam starts after 4-5 days

they apply chargeback on paypal or from credit card company

So All orders from those dogs will be cancel and all fund will be refunded …

::: And our dear fiverr can not do nothing [ they said its policy ] , policy to kill sellers what the f
ck.

Now tips to save your money from those dogs ...
1- If any one orders for big money check how old they are on fiverr ,[ if 1-2 days old then its alert call for you try to investigate them before work]
2-If you think fiverr will save your money then forget it you are only who can save it

If any suggestions for me to get my money back please let me know thanks

and if anyone faced same issue please comment here

Reply to @silencespeaks: It would seem to me you only have one option. Deal with PayPal or the CC company directly. However, Fiverr does not like it when sellers do that, and will probably not provide backup for your claim. The main reason is that Fiverr will eventually lose its own accounts if they end up being a ‘den of fraud’.

Of course, not doing anything is also an option.

I’m sorry I don’t have any other suggestions. I’ve been seeing a lot of similar complaints lately - maybe someone with more experience will have something productive to add.

Reply to @silencespeaks: It would seem to me you only have one option. Deal with PayPal or the CC company directly. However, Fiverr does not like it when sellers do that, and will probably not provide backup for your claim. The main reason is that Fiverr will eventually lose its own accounts if they end up being a ‘den of fraud’.

Of course, not doing anything is also an option.

I’m sorry I don’t have any other suggestions. I’ve been seeing a lot of similar complaints lately - maybe someone with more experience will have something productive to add.

I’ve never had that problem. For example, I have a gig writing radio commercials, a guy wanted me to use music and record. I explained I don’t do that. So we agreed to do a mutual cancellation. Didn’t hurt my ratings, didn’t get a negative review. With my popular eBook review gig, I’m very flexible, reviews on Amazon can be edited so I always tell my clients that if they don’t like my work, we can fix it. I’m proud to say I have a 100% positive rating.

http://fiverr.com/fastcopywriter/write-an-book-review-on-amazon

Archived