Scams [ARCHIVED]

oliver22

I’ve never had that problem. For example, I have a gig writing radio commercials, a guy wanted me to use music and record. I explained I don’t do that. So we agreed to do a mutual cancellation. Didn’t hurt my ratings, didn’t get a negative review. With my popular eBook review gig, I’m very flexible, reviews on Amazon can be edited so I always tell my clients that if they don’t like my work, we can fix it. I’m proud to say I have a 100% positive rating.

http://fiverr.com/fastcopywriter/write-an-book-review-on-amazon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @vedmak: Sometimes with unlimited revisions the client gets more irritated. If they just don’t like the work (or rather get it in their head for some random reason that you following their directions to the letter isn’t really what they wanted), it’s almost like rubbing salt in a wound to keep making adjustments when it would be better to call it mutual incompatibility and move on. That’s why in the non-Fiverr world, kill fees exist. 🙂

Reply to @vedmak: Yeah, they surely don’t always work - even with a signed contract. It generally costs more for an attorney than it’s worth.

Kind of makes you wonder what sort of person has the time or inclination to do the stupid dance for three months just to be an ass.

Me and my husband went for dinner, a movie and Dave & Busters on Tuesday (first night out since August) - we had a stash of gift cards so it was almost free. My kind of date. 🙂

I screen my buyers before I accept them.

There have been times where the project was easy to take on but I turned it away because I wasn’t comfortable with the attitude they portray when they communicate with me.

It’s alright to lose a couple of projects and it’s definitely better to screen your buyers before accepting the orders.

Reply to @vedmak: I get them to contact me before they order and I will check to see if they have any ratings on them of if they’re just a buyer.

I watch their attitude when we communicate to see if we can work well together.

If any of those don’t go well with me, I reject their orders. This is mainly because I dislike dealing with meticulous, fussy buyers that demands for the moon.

And as I’ve clearly stated in my gig to “Contact before ordering”, I automatically reject all buyers who orders without contacting me.

I believe reading and understanding is key and it just shows me the attitude of the buyers who don’t read.

• 1 month later...

This happened to me recently. A buyer asked me to modify C++ code which he provided in less than a day. There were six activities. And he also wanted the flow charts and pseudo code. He bought two gigs initially and I delivered the modified code as promised in less than 4 hours and asked him to buy the another gig so that I can send him the flow charts which he did and once I delivered all his work he wanted to cancel all the orders saying I did nothing. He didn’t give a proper reason for it even though I was willing to fix anything he needed. If he didn’t like my work he could have not ordered the 3rd gig. But the guy waited till I deliver all the work. I just wasted all my time to get a bad rating. The buyers too should have a proper rating system 8-X

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I was scammed a few days ago. I have purchased a hosting package from a person called cryptohosted . After 2 months the server went off and lost my websites.

I have reported this to fiverr support but so far no reply. And the related gig is not available. This seller (I would say cheater) is trying to sell other gigs very similar to this.

Irosh

I’m a member of some hack and blackhat forums just to know what the hell these immoral people are doing and once I saw a thread were some low life was telling people how they could make money by scamming fiverr sellers. They were openly talking and advising each other on how to do it and al… they have no conscience! There are a lot of low lives out there trying to make money by scamming us.

Reply to @iroshw:

I have reported this to Fiverr a week ago. But so far no reply no action. The said seller (cheater) is still selling gigs. Why Fiverr is not taking any action. They simply can see our conversation (had with the seller).

I don’t want him to refund, at least to get my website files from the backup… gosh this is a disaster…

Irosh

Reply to @iroshw: Very bad, my post has been removed, for what??? showing up a thief who steal ppl money? He is still selling his gigs and Fiverr team has not taken any action so far. I have reported this issue to them a week ago, but so far no reply no action. The seller is selling his fake gigs.

Reply to @iroshw: I’m just a seller here, I’m not a buyer (nor am I an employee of Fiverr or a forum mod). As far as I can tell, all Fiverr can do is examine your case (keep in mind that they get a lot of tickets every day), possibly refund you the money you gave to that user, and ban the seller from this site if they find him guilty. More than that is out of their hands, because they’re just a platform connecting sellers and buyers, they can’t enforce anything outside of Fiverr.

I know that doesn’t sound encouraging, and I’m sorry about the bad experience you had here. Fiverr is full of honest sellers who do their best; unfortunately, not all of them are like that.

Anyone reading this (and more experienced than I am, I’m still fairly new here), any advice for iroshw? How to avoid scams, and what to do if they happen?

Reply to @catwriter: Thanks a lot for the reply. But my concern is, it is almost 9 days, but so far no response from the Fiverr supporting team. I agree that they get hundreds/thousands of tickets daily/weekly. But still, Fiverr is losing the trust of people. I know that the fault is not with Fiverr but people treat like that.

I’m not fighting for my $5, I’m talking about my time and what I really lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Like @iroshw I bought hosting from @cryptohosted and I have lost my web sites.

Cryptohosted promises 100% up time for its servers. Yet now I have nothing; no email, no web sires and no communication from the seller. Upsetting and frustrating.

When a deal is too good to believe it probably is.

Reply to @mwooey: I’m really sorry buddy. He is simply a cheater, thief. Report to Fiverr support and follow up till the account of Cryptohosted banned. I need more people like you to stop this scam. I can’t do this alone as Fiverr support need more compliants.

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @iroshw: He tricked me as well. Unlimited hosting for a year, but it takes hours to upload some data. There were some DNS issues, so he (“Chris F.” from Cryptohosted) advised me to use CloudFlare. I’m monitoring the site for uptime, but it’s repeatedly offline, so the 99,9+% uptime that was guaranteed can’t be achieved even if it would have an uptime of 100% for the rest of the year…

I tried to contact Chris, but no repsonse. I’m glad it was just a test site, so nothing is lost, but this year has come to an end very quickly!

$5 for a year unlimited hosting is of course to good to be true, so I could have known, but this user seems to sell more of these fake gigs. I was looking for a way to make a complaint about this gig/user, but I still can’t find how… 😦

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, even I feel that some of the buyers for the sake of fun and to spoil your gig status purposely does such things. My one of the gig has a cancellation ratio of 25% reflected on the gig where smarty fraudsters ordered a totally different gig which had no relation with the buyer’s wants. He purposely did this and increased my cancellation ratio. I feel FIVERR should look into these matter as buyers order the gig and they have a review and download it at their end and then ask the sellers that they did not like the work and walk out freely with our work. This is really a hopeless thing.

Archived