How Do Y'all Survive!?

lucycodex

Wealth and Poverty are relative, not absolute. This is something people fail to grasp. I completely understand the struggle people like Lucy go through and empathize with that. But all of us struggle in one way or another. That’s what life is about. People who don’t have any struggle in life have never amounted to anything much. Life is a struggle from the moment you are born to the day you breathe your last. Don’t be afraid of the struggle, and don’t look down upon yourself because you are struggling, embrace your problems, and think your way out of them. That’s what life is about - never expect complete satisfaction or happiness. Just keep doing your work, and always be doing something.

[On a personal note, I suffered in my youth - between the age 14 to 21 because my parents were over-protective and did everything they could to make sure that I never had to struggle for anything in life. I was a very spoiled kid, lazy, arrogant, and stupid and that cost me a lot - I had to drop out of college. It was only when I started struggling that I found myself and my purpose in life.]

People think life is supposed to be without problems when obviously the opposite is true.

How did someone survive for 27 years alone in the Maine woods, living in a tent, without saying one word except “hi” one time to a hiker? It got down to 25 degrees below zero in the winter. He never built a fire.

en.wikipedia.org

Christopher Thomas Knight

Christopher Thomas Knight (born 7 December 1965), also known as the North Pond Hermit, is a former hermit who lived almost without human contact for 27 years in the woods in the North Pond area of Maine. Knight lived within about a mile of summer cabins throughout his entire hermitage in a crude camp he built in a well-drained woodland obscured within a cluster of glacial erratic boulders. Because he entered the woods with almost no possessions, his camp was composed entirely of items stolen from...

favicon.ngsversion.5a28a980.pngNational Geographic News – 9 Apr 17
01-book-talk-hermit-north-pond.ngsversion.1491712202264.adapt.1900.1.jpg

Why the North Pond Hermit Hid From People for 27 Years

Christopher Knight did not have a conversation with another person for almost three decades—but he committed roughly a thousand burglaries.

People think life is supposed to be without problems when obviously the opposite is true.

How did someone survive for 27 years alone in the Maine woods, living in a tent, without saying one word except “hi” one time to a hiker? It got down to 25 degrees below zero in the winter. He never built a fire.

en.wikipedia.org

Christopher Thomas Knight (born 7 December 1965), also known as the North Pond Hermit, is a former hermit who lived almost without human contact for 27 years in the woods in the North Pond area of Maine. Knight lived within about a mile of summer cabins throughout his entire hermitage in a crude camp he built in a well-drained woodland obscured within a cluster of glacial erratic boulders. Because he entered the woods with almost no possessions, his camp was composed entirely of items stolen from...

Christopher Knight did not have a conversation with another person for almost three decades—but he committed roughly a thousand burglaries.

That’s what I call determination O.O

Wealth and Poverty are relative, not absolute. This is something people fail to grasp. I completely understand the struggle people like Lucy go through and empathize with that. But all of us struggle in one way or another. That’s what life is about. People who don’t have any struggle in life have never amounted to anything much. Life is a struggle from the moment you are born to the day you breathe your last. Don’t be afraid of the struggle, and don’t look down upon yourself because you are struggling, embrace your problems, and think your way out of them. That’s what life is about - never expect complete satisfaction or happiness. Just keep doing your work, and always be doing something.

[On a personal note, I suffered in my youth - between the age 14 to 21 because my parents were over-protective and did everything they could to make sure that I never had to struggle for anything in life. I was a very spoiled kid, lazy, arrogant, and stupid and that cost me a lot - I had to drop out of college. It was only when I started struggling that I found myself and my purpose in life.]

Don’t be afraid of the struggle, and don’t look down upon yourself because you are struggling, embrace your problems, and think your way out of them.

I can safely say that I hate every platitude I have ever seen you write. Nothing against you, I’m just not a platitude guy. This though, this is good, Writer. That there is a truth of life gem which you should patent quickly and stick on a piece of jewelry.

I hate having problems but they do define me and they do end up facilitating my development as a human being. Much more importantly, the people who don’t tackle problems just end up wailing at the dark of ‘it’s not fair’ forever hoping that someone will one day come along and make life like they want it to be without them putting in an iota of effort.

You’re a wise man, Writer. never let my future obnoxiousness convince you otherwise.

Don’t be afraid of the struggle, and don’t look down upon yourself because you are struggling, embrace your problems, and think your way out of them.

I can safely say that I hate every platitude I have ever seen you write. Nothing against you, I’m just not a platitude guy. This though, this is good, Writer. That there is a truth of life gem which you should patent quickly and stick on a piece of jewelry.

I hate having problems but they do define me and they do end up facilitating my development as a human being. Much more importantly, the people who don’t tackle problems just end up wailing at the dark of ‘it’s not fair’ forever hoping that someone will one day come along and make life like they want it to be without them putting in an iota of effort.

You’re a wise man, Writer. never let my future obnoxiousness convince you otherwise.

Living alone can bring a lot of wisdom you can’t get any other way.

en.wikipedia.org

If you only knew how many people like this there are in Scotland. I used to live in the most remote part of the Isle of Skye. There were 3 buildings in our glen/valley. At 1am though, you got the creepy passerby foot traffic of tens of people just coming out of the woodland and doing their thing.

If you only knew how many people like this there are in Scotland. I used to live in the most remote part of the Isle of Skye. There were 3 buildings in our glen/valley. At 1am though, you got the creepy passerby foot traffic of tens of people just coming out of the woodland and doing their thing.

I know this is off topic, but: Is it bad that when I hear “Isle of Skye” the first thing I think of is either Zelda or a JRPG?

I know this is off topic, but: Is it bad that when I hear “Isle of Skye” the first thing I think of is either Zelda or a JRPG?

Yeah, it is bad. You need your toes in some real heather and full physical immersion in a place where the locals find it impossible to say the words ‘burglar alarm’ before you’ve really experienced Scotland.

Scotland is amazing in a weird way I never really understood. It smells like Scotland. Pick up a handful of dirt and you can just feel it’s Scottish dirt. Also, they have this cool wild camping rule which means you can rock up and do all the best places on 300 quid if you are prepared to rough it.

Make it a life goal to do there one day. Even if it rains and you get bitten to death by midgies you’ll have the time it felt like your life was waiting for. Just steer clear of the Cairngorms. They’re beautiful mountains but they are regularly terrorized by a giant invisible man with a grey beard who causes so many problems, he’s not even worth trying to market like they do the more commonly known Loch Ness Monster.

That seems similar to the pricing on some fixed-price writing sites. A site for top-notch writers might pay more, of course. If you have a passion for writing/what you’re writing about, 1,000 words probably goes by more quickly than you think. How do you charge $1 though?! I’m seriously wondering because I’ve never seen the option for anything under 5. Under the extra stuff can leave it blank, like " $" but I don’t really know if that’s a glitch or what. I can’t type into it at all.

Yeah, it is bad. You need your toes in some real heather and full physical immersion in a place where the locals find it impossible to say the words ‘burglar alarm’ before you’ve really experienced Scotland.

Scotland is amazing in a weird way I never really understood. It smells like Scotland. Pick up a handful of dirt and you can just feel it’s Scottish dirt. Also, they have this cool wild camping rule which means you can rock up and do all the best places on 300 quid if you are prepared to rough it.

Make it a life goal to do there one day. Even if it rains and you get bitten to death by midgies you’ll have the time it felt like your life was waiting for. Just steer clear of the Cairngorms. They’re beautiful mountains but they are regularly terrorized by a giant invisible man with a grey beard who causes so many problems, he’s not even worth trying to market like they do the more commonly known Loch Ness Monster.

they are regularly terrorized by a giant invisible man with a grey beard who causes so many problems,

That would be my first interest

I’m a student from Sri Lanka. In our country it’s merely impossible to find a good job physically for a good rate. We barely get paid more than $150 a month. Most of us, as students, when we’re free, we don’t do much at home other than playing games and hanging out with friends or something etc… So in that case fiverr is a good choice for us. Considering how much I’ve earned through fiverr currently, I’m literally earning more than a few adults as well. So rather than killing time, i’d say it’s best if you can do something which you’re good at for a price you feel like which is good. Not to mention. In Sri Lanka, the costs for an average apartment room is around 50 dollars a month. Food would cost barely 100 dollars & the rest of travelling and living would be around another 50 dollars. Usually our parents provide for us, yet, earning even a small amount is worth it compared to doing nothing at all.

That seems similar to the pricing on some fixed-price writing sites. A site for top-notch writers might pay more, of course. If you have a passion for writing/what you’re writing about, 1,000 words probably goes by more quickly than you think. How do you charge $1 though?! I’m seriously wondering because I’ve never seen the option for anything under 5. Under the extra stuff can leave it blank, like " $" but I don’t really know if that’s a glitch or what. I can’t type into it at all.

I think it was meant to be $1 for every 400 words. Probably $5 for 2000 words.

they are regularly terrorized by a giant invisible man with a grey beard who causes so many problems,

That would be my first interest

Google the Grey Man of Ben MacDhui and the Morar monster. I can say that I know people who have had legitimate encounters/experiences with one or the other. Also, I had legitimate poltergeist experiences when working on a place called the Corrour Estate on Rannoch Moor. The thing is, I’ve only realized these in retrospect.

Google the Grey Man of Ben MacDhui and the Morar monster. I can say that I know people who have had legitimate encounters/experiences with one or the other. Also, I had legitimate poltergeist experiences when working on a place called the Corrour Estate on Rannoch Moor. The thing is, I’ve only realized these in retrospect.

Grey Man of Ben MacDhui

Grey Man sounds like a relict hominid similar to Bigfoot in N. America.

Archived