Why don't let our performance decide our REAL search placement? and others

xuntes

1. I agree that average rating filter is messed up. For example, right now I saw a gig with just 1 review on the first page when I filtered with “Avg Custumer Review”. In my opinion there should be minimal amount of reviews on the account to show up for average rating. Fiverr should analyze what the minimal amount should be, but it can’t be 1 review. I like @topaz_muse recommendation for adding a filter for stars.

2. This won’t be easy because you can’t really compare gigs. Just because you sell your service at a lower price doesn’t mean it lacks quality and you shouldn’t get higher ranking based on your price. For example, if another seller in your category is a better salesman than you (sells at a higher price), but provides lower quality then they would be ranked higher than you.

3. I’d like to have that as well. Requesting revision isn’t the best option. Quite often I need to explain to my clients that when I DELIVER the work it’s not actually completed, I just need more information and while I’m waiting for it I will throw it back to them to stop the clock.

I don’t agree with all your recommendations, but you’re right that Fiverr is not a hosting site - it’s an online marketplace by definition 🙂 That being said, they are making changes and maybe even moving in the right direction. I think their focus has shifted a bit and we are starting to see more and more handpicked gigs at the top.

As one of the mods mentioned, this topic has been discussed several times before. At first I didn’t want to answer because I have other things to do to pick this up, but since I do find search function frustrating as a buyer I decided throw in my 2 cents 😉

PS. When I needed vector tracing 2 weeks ago I didn’t see your gig anywhere. After viewing 20+ gigs I gave up and hired semi decent gig to get the job done. Oh well, maybe I used wrong filters 😛

Fiverr should provide more for us sellers compete with each other,

That’s not what Fiverr is, though. Fiverr is merely a hosting site where us sellers can offer our freelance services to a consumer audience that is looking for those services. Fiverr is not responsible for our success, nor is it their job to help us compete with each other. YOU are responsible for your own success, your own marketing, your own ability to outshine your competitors.

It is unwise to expect Fiverr to do YOUR job – as a freelance services provider – for you.

true that but somehow it turns the other way around so yeah what can we say

1. I agree that average rating filter is messed up. For example, right now I saw a gig with just 1 review on the first page when I filtered with “Avg Custumer Review”. In my opinion there should be minimal amount of reviews on the account to show up for average rating. Fiverr should analyze what the minimal amount should be, but it can’t be 1 review. I like @topaz_muse recommendation for adding a filter for stars.

2. This won’t be easy because you can’t really compare gigs. Just because you sell your service at a lower price doesn’t mean it lacks quality and you shouldn’t get higher ranking based on your price. For example, if another seller in your category is a better salesman than you (sells at a higher price), but provides lower quality then they would be ranked higher than you.

3. I’d like to have that as well. Requesting revision isn’t the best option. Quite often I need to explain to my clients that when I DELIVER the work it’s not actually completed, I just need more information and while I’m waiting for it I will throw it back to them to stop the clock.

I don’t agree with all your recommendations, but you’re right that Fiverr is not a hosting site - it’s an online marketplace by definition 🙂 That being said, they are making changes and maybe even moving in the right direction. I think their focus has shifted a bit and we are starting to see more and more handpicked gigs at the top.

As one of the mods mentioned, this topic has been discussed several times before. At first I didn’t want to answer because I have other things to do to pick this up, but since I do find search function frustrating as a buyer I decided throw in my 2 cents 😉

PS. When I needed vector tracing 2 weeks ago I didn’t see your gig anywhere. After viewing 20+ gigs I gave up and hired semi decent gig to get the job done. Oh well, maybe I used wrong filters 😛

I agree that average rating filter is messed up. For example, right now I saw a gig with just 1 review on the first page when I filtered with “Avg Custumer Review”. In my opinion there should be minimal amount of reviews on the account to show up for average rating. Fiverr should analyze what the minimal amount should be, but it can’t be 1 review. I like @topaz_muse recommendation for adding a filter for stars.

Exactly it would be great

This won’t be easy because you can’t really compare gigs. Just because you sell your service at a lower price doesn’t mean it lacks quality and you shouldn’t get higher ranking based on your price. For example, if another seller in your category is a better salesman than you (sells at a higher price), but provides lower quality then they would be ranked higher than you.

I believe you didnt understand. If this person provides a low quality service he will get lower or negative rating, which the price will impact too. Negative reviews would impact the same strength as positive reviews.

One of the main reason for this is because som countries can’t provide a service for some prices, in my case for example is too cheap to offer a background removal service for $5 (it almost don pay my energy bill), some people offer 20 removals for $5 (of course this last one will sell more). the Quality of the sale (a better salesman) should be a part of the ranking too. But it’s just my opinion

I’d like to have that as well. Requesting revision isn’t the best option. Quite often I need to explain to my clients that when I DELIVER the work it’s not actually completed, I just need more information and while I’m waiting for it I will throw it back to them to stop the clock.

Exactly. I dont mean I have waiting my clients, because I know they also have things to do, but If you request a 24h service, at least be tuned with my gig in these 24h, because I may need some extra info.

😁

take a look on what I just got from fiver CS:

“We are sorry if you believe that we are copy pasting the answers to you, but we would like to simply clarify that Fiverr wants to give the opportunity even to those sellers who have no reviews yet or a starters with a few reviews gaines so far. Yes, those Gigs at times will be higher above TRS Gigs in search. That is Fiverr strategy of giving everyone the opportunity to be noticed and to shy.”

“We are sorry if you believe that we are copy pasting the answers to you, but we would like to simply clarify that Fiverr wants to give the opportunity even to those sellers who have no reviews yet or a starters with a few reviews gaines so far. Yes, those Gigs at times will be higher above TRS Gigs in search. That is Fiverr strategy of giving everyone the opportunity to be noticed and to shy.”

What most amaze me is “Fiverr wants to give the opportunity even” for gig copies. I was just taking a look on the marketplace and I saw A LOT of copies (100% copied gig) in front of original ones.

Fiverr is trying to be fair, while sellers arent being fair with each other.

Theoretically it’s perfect, but practically it’s a disaster

Archived