Gig completely dropped in search

arbelmartin

Hi there,

I’ve been a seller on Fiverr for a couple of months now and quickly earned level 2 status for voiceovers.

For the past couple of weeks I’ve noticed a decline in sales and attributed it to just Summer slow down.

However, this past week I decided to do an incognito search to see where my gig was ranked and I can’t find it anywhere!

I have completely dropped off the search results no matter what I type.

Any ideas why this could be happening? Is it algorithm related or am I doing something wrong?? Help!

Guest sophiesvoice

Hi @arbelmartin! I see you well placed in the voiceover category. Maybe I’m getting different results than you. I believe that other forum posters have indicated they get varying search results on the site too.

Arbel, feel free to pm me and I’ll go into more detail about the placement I’m seeing.

A lot of us are experiencing exactly the same thing. Also, your 2-week timeline pretty much matches my own. I’ve personally tried tweaking the hell out of my gigs and creating new ones. So far nothing has worked. In fact, things have just become much worse. Did you update your gig at all just before your drop in orders and messages?

Hi @sophiesvoice,

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to look into that for me. Sales have been steadily increasing, but not where I need them to be.

@cyaxrex, good to know I’m not the only one affected. The only change I can think of is when Fiverr changed their voiceover gig pricing on the gig page - I had to update my pricing structure to their new format and since then, decline.

Are you guys seeing an increase in sales?

Hi @sophiesvoice,

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to look into that for me. Sales have been steadily increasing, but not where I need them to be.

@cyaxrex, good to know I’m not the only one affected. The only change I can think of is when Fiverr changed their voiceover gig pricing on the gig page - I had to update my pricing structure to their new format and since then, decline.

Are you guys seeing an increase in sales?

No increase for me. I have small orders trickling in which I am trying to turn around in less than 24-hours to keep Fiverr happy. I have checked out your profile, though, and you are obviously very good at what you do. Maybe take this time to think about setting up a video and voice testimonial video gig as well as just a VO gig?

I am hopeful that sales will increase again at some point, in the meantime, we all just need to… Well, try and think of ways to expand and improve our range of services. Good luck!

No increase for me. I have small orders trickling in which I am trying to turn around in less than 24-hours to keep Fiverr happy. I have checked out your profile, though, and you are obviously very good at what you do. Maybe take this time to think about setting up a video and voice testimonial video gig as well as just a VO gig?

I am hopeful that sales will increase again at some point, in the meantime, we all just need to… Well, try and think of ways to expand and improve our range of services. Good luck!

Thank you @cyaxrex, I appreciate you taking the time to check out my page. Glad to hear my service comes across as professional.

That’s actually a great idea and will implement that this week! Thank you for that idea, I really appreciate it!!

I hope we both see an increase in sales very soon!!!

The very first thing about Search is not Algorithm, Its also very likely that you won’t show up for yourself and how your buyers find for your services, Perhaps you’re there in search result but you won’t show up for yourself ( That is a part of Algorithm, An algorithm is to divide buyers from sellers and sellers from sellers ) where keywords,rankings,description,profile overall rating,average gig prices,pending orders plays a major role. I was not receiving any orders for like past 2 months but now i am receiving sudden sales from new customers and custom gig requests. So its very common issue on fiverr they keep shifting the positions but if you have a good network and communication with your buyers they’ll come back to you and make sure steady sales for your gig. Repeating buyers are very important especially when you are receiving no traffic at all, 3-4 orders can boost impressions upto 10k within 7 days which is not bad at all. 🙂 keep selling

• 10 months later...

Hey arbelmartin! Has everything returned to normal? Just today I didn’t find my video spokesperson gig on ANY fiverr searchs at all. I have been on since November of 2017 and this is the first time I’ve seen this happen. Right out of the blue! The support explanation is that of “we can’t go into specifics” and then a laundry list of “things you could do to…” I haven’t been at this long enough to really have any residual business to sustain me. I really still don’t get it-all great until now. I mean, top of the video spokesperson list for months. I did get some weird 3.7 review with all positive comments on it. Would that make a difference? Thanks for any help gang.

Kingblade9

Hey arbelmartin! Has everything returned to normal? Just today I didn’t find my video spokesperson gig on ANY fiverr searchs at all. I have been on since November of 2017 and this is the first time I’ve seen this happen. Right out of the blue! The support explanation is that of “we can’t go into specifics” and then a laundry list of “things you could do to…” I haven’t been at this long enough to really have any residual business to sustain me. I really still don’t get it-all great until now. I mean, top of the video spokesperson list for months. I did get some weird 3.7 review with all positive comments on it. Would that make a difference? Thanks for any help gang.

Kingblade9

Can someone just punch me up in a search to see if I’m there? Kingblade 9. I will be your video spokesperson or actor". : ))

The search keywords are “video spokesperson”. Thank you!

Archived