How I got my gig to be featured for the past 6 months

If you are just starting off and don’t have any clients, then it is ok to have lower prices.

Personally I think that $5-20 for a logo is a totally unreasonable price and don’t be scared to ask for more if the standard or your work is in tune with that amount.

Quality work costs more and you need to be aware of that. Underpricing your services isn’t in any way a key for success. When I first raised my prices the most important thing that changed was that by working less I was earning more.

Unique, original, high quality concepts will never cost $5 because a lot of time and effort needs to be put in. There will be clients asking for lower prices and if you are the real deal then it is your duty to let them know that if they are looking for something truly exceptional (which they always are) then they have to pay the right amount for it. Some clients get thrilled by the chance of paying $5 for a logo then only to realize later on that it’s either poorly constructed, not relevant to their brand (although they like it), that it doesn’t scale down properly or even worst that it’s copied.

I totally agree with you. buyers think that logo designing is the piece of cake. I am a logo designer and I know how much time and effort is required to design a company logo. As I am new seller I am offering my services at cheap price unintentionally to get orders and reviews.

That’s the best thing to do in my opinion. To give you a bit more details, I would concentrate on 1 gig and have it reach a minimum of 50 reviews and then progressively increase prices. The increase should be of anywhere from about to 10-20% in my opinion.

That’s the best thing to do in my opinion. To give you a bit more details, I would concentrate on 1 gig and have it reach a minimum of 50 reviews and then progressively increase prices. The increase should be of anywhere from about to 10-20% in my opinion.

That is what I was thinking. I hope I will reach to this milestone very soon.

I just achieved level 2 and I’m thinking of increasing the prices of my article writing gigs from $5 to $10. Is this a reasonable move?

I just achieved level 2 and I’m thinking of increasing the prices of my article writing gigs from $5 to $10. Is this a reasonable move?

Price your services according to what you think the are worth. If you think they are worth $10 instead of $5, then price them accordingly. Every seller, and every seller market is different. The only way to test the pricing is to see what the market – for your services – will bear.

Price your services according to what you think the are worth. If you think they are worth $10 instead of $5, then price them accordingly. Every seller, and every seller market is different. The only way to test the pricing is to see what the market – for your services – will bear.

Thanks Jonbass. I was just thinking about the response rate. I was also trying to think of how to tell my existing customers.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are just starting off and don’t have any clients, then it is ok to have lower prices.

Personally I think that $5-20 for a logo is a totally unreasonable price and don’t be scared to ask for more if the standard or your work is in tune with that amount.

Quality work costs more and you need to be aware of that. Underpricing your services isn’t in any way a key for success. When I first raised my prices the most important thing that changed was that by working less I was earning more.

Unique, original, high quality concepts will never cost $5 because a lot of time and effort needs to be put in. There will be clients asking for lower prices and if you are the real deal then it is your duty to let them know that if they are looking for something truly exceptional (which they always are) then they have to pay the right amount for it. Some clients get thrilled by the chance of paying $5 for a logo then only to realize later on that it’s either poorly constructed, not relevant to their brand (although they like it), that it doesn’t scale down properly or even worst that it’s copied.

I totally agree with you. buyers think that logo designing is the piece of cake. I am a logo designer and I know how much time and effort is required to design a company logo. As I am new seller I am offering my services at cheap price unintentionally to get orders and reviews.

I think logo designers forget that it’s one thing to design a logo for $5 and a logo for $50. If you’re paying me $57,000 a year at some agency, then the work is done when my boss says it’s done. That means if I have to revise my work 10 times, I will do it. On Fiverr we don’t have bosses, we have customers.

On Fiverr, good sellers try to do quality, but they’re not going to work 10-hours or a logo, or create 50-versions, or spend an hour studying other logos. That’s not realistic. I’ve gotten my logos done on Fiverr, and I’m happy with the results. I don’t see the point of paying $300-$500 for a logo, even if you hire the best graphic designer, there’s no guarantee it will be a great logo. If the brand name is too long or boring, if the company is boring, if the client is boring, maybe the logo will be boring.

I think logo designers forget that it’s one thing to design a logo for $5 and a logo for $50. If you’re paying me $57,000 a year at some agency, then the work is done when my boss says it’s done. That means if I have to revise my work 10 times, I will do it. On Fiverr we don’t have bosses, we have customers.

On Fiverr, good sellers try to do quality, but they’re not going to work 10-hours or a logo, or create 50-versions, or spend an hour studying other logos. That’s not realistic. I’ve gotten my logos done on Fiverr, and I’m happy with the results. I don’t see the point of paying $300-$500 for a logo, even if you hire the best graphic designer, there’s no guarantee it will be a great logo. If the brand name is too long or boring, if the company is boring, if the client is boring, maybe the logo will be boring.

On Fiverr in a way the client is your boss and he let’s you know when the design is just right or complete.

Personally I offer unlimited modifications on all my packages and there have been situations where even more then 50 modifications were needed.

On the other hand when I have 8+ orders I spend even more then 12 hour/s a day working.

You are right about some limitation being caused by the client, the brand name length etc. But at the same time, what if the client likes a logo that isn’t professional or asks for a modification that will ruin it? When you purchase something you are entitled to purchase what you want but the difference is that a quality designer will let you know if there will be any issues caused by various modifications.

In thew end I think that when you go to a professional and have him create something for you, a large portion of the decision maker needs to be transferred to him. I know that everybody thinks that they are an expert on what is a good logo but the reality is that this is just not true. What if you like the logo but it doesn’t represent your brand well or correctly? what if you like the design but it is just unprofessional?

I do get clients on occasion who view me as a designated mouse clicker and reject my notes but I still have to let them know what the reality is. This is just like going to a dentist and telling him what to do…

A true designer will let you know of all this things.

There is no guarantee in life in general but the truth of the matter is that a better designer will generally do a better job.

On Fiverr in a way the client is your boss and he let’s you know when the design is just right or complete.

Personally I offer unlimited modifications on all my packages and there have been situations where even more then 50 modifications were needed.

On the other hand when I have 8+ orders I spend even more then 12 hour/s a day working.

You are right about some limitation being caused by the client, the brand name length etc. But at the same time, what if the client likes a logo that isn’t professional or asks for a modification that will ruin it? When you purchase something you are entitled to purchase what you want but the difference is that a quality designer will let you know if there will be any issues caused by various modifications.

In thew end I think that when you go to a professional and have him create something for you, a large portion of the decision maker needs to be transferred to him. I know that everybody thinks that they are an expert on what is a good logo but the reality is that this is just not true. What if you like the logo but it doesn’t represent your brand well or correctly? what if you like the design but it is just unprofessional?

I do get clients on occasion who view me as a designated mouse clicker and reject my notes but I still have to let them know what the reality is. This is just like going to a dentist and telling him what to do…

A true designer will let you know of all this things.

There is no guarantee in life in general but the truth of the matter is that a better designer will generally do a better job.

Seeing that you charge $50 to $100, I can understand why you’d offer unlimited modifications. But the guy who works for $5 to $20 can’t afford to do that, his time has value. Making $50 in 15 minutes is great, making it in one hour is acceptable. Making it in 10 hours is a problem for me.

I want Fiverr to provide a full-time income, not a full-time job that requires full-time hours. Of course, I can understand if some other people are different, but there’s only so much time I want to be in front of a computer.

Honestly, I don’t know how you don’t go crazy making 50 modifications. To me a buyer like that doesn’t know what he wants, so why bother with him? On my gigs, I offer 1 modification. You want more? You can hire me again or hire someone else. I think graphic designers can get away with 2-3 modifications.

Besides, if you charge $50 and it takes you 10 hours to complete that project after 50 modifications, that means you’re only making $5 an hour. Is that worth it? I don’t think so.

Personally, this is why I quit writing for a PR group that was paying me $10 per press release and expecting me to work one hour on each one. I told him, “if I wanted to make $10 an hour, I would work for Subway.”

Seeing that you charge $50 to $100, I can understand why you’d offer unlimited modifications. But the guy who works for $5 to $20 can’t afford to do that, his time has value. Making $50 in 15 minutes is great, making it in one hour is acceptable. Making it in 10 hours is a problem for me.

I want Fiverr to provide a full-time income, not a full-time job that requires full-time hours. Of course, I can understand if some other people are different, but there’s only so much time I want to be in front of a computer.

Honestly, I don’t know how you don’t go crazy making 50 modifications. To me a buyer like that doesn’t know what he wants, so why bother with him? On my gigs, I offer 1 modification. You want more? You can hire me again or hire someone else. I think graphic designers can get away with 2-3 modifications.

Besides, if you charge $50 and it takes you 10 hours to complete that project after 50 modifications, that means you’re only making $5 an hour. Is that worth it? I don’t think so.

Personally, this is why I quit writing for a PR group that was paying me $10 per press release and expecting me to work one hour on each one. I told him, “if I wanted to make $10 an hour, I would work for Subway.”

The average client doesn’t require 50 modifications but it happens on occasion.

It all depends on how fast and effectively you can use the software and tools available the time required can be drastically reduced. It is all ok if you are juggling 8-15 orders because by the time you finish an update with a client you can get started on the next. That in turn provides for more than $5/hour

Things get more complicated when you have just 1 or 2 orders.

It’s not a perfect system, in a way freelancing is the same as having a full time job but with the benefit that you decide when, how and who you work with. I do turn down clients most before a order is placed and some with active orders but this are exceptions.

The average client doesn’t require 50 modifications but it happens on occasion.

It all depends on how fast and effectively you can use the software and tools available the time required can be drastically reduced. It is all ok if you are juggling 8-15 orders because by the time you finish an update with a client you can get started on the next. That in turn provides for more than $5/hour

Things get more complicated when you have just 1 or 2 orders.

It’s not a perfect system, in a way freelancing is the same as having a full time job but with the benefit that you decide when, how and who you work with. I do turn down clients most before a order is placed and some with active orders but this are exceptions.

That’s true. My point is that as freelancers, we’re not getting paid for our time but for the project. If I was getting paid $20 an hour up to 5 hours. I’d do the job in 60 minutes and deliver 4 hours later. It’s the same reason one should never pay a cleaning lady by the hour, it’s better to pay for the job.

• 5 months later...

Archived