Over $3k in a Month, What I Learned

uncarved

I’ve been here for years, however I really started this year. The first while I just bought and sold one or two things here and there. Like many on Fiverr, I didn’t advertise and expected Fiverr to bring my customers to me.

That was the wrong thing.

This year I started with one good gig and now this month I have several more along with a new attitude.

A new attitude and over $3,000 this month.

Here’s how I do it:

1. In the morning and once in the evening I scan Buyers Requests. There typically are not any for me to apply to because I am in a specialized area. I apply to whatever fits my talents, which is generally only one or two applications a week.
  2. I stay logged in to Fiverr so that I can answer immediately any questions and any orders.
  3. I work on those ASAP and make sure that they are going to get better results than what they are expecting.
  4. After turning in the orders, I don’t ask them to review. It’s why my review percentage is under 50 percent. I do tell them that I hope they are happy and that I’m grateful that they chose me and I hope to see them again. More often than not, they’re going to be return buyers.
  5. I post twice a week in author Facebook groups and on author/writer message boards. I don’t spam, I am an active member. I talk about books and the writing process. I know my sh*t, because I’ve been working in this field for 20 years. Spamming Facebook and groups won’t work, you have to take time and commit.

I don’t do anything that would jeopardize my reputation. I don’t spam or randomly post advertisements. I do a lot for free for members of the writing community. Over 60 percent of my sales are from people who start their message saying “I’ve heard great things about you from xxx”. This word of mouth sales is why I don’t worry about Fiverr search, or SEO, or spamming people to buy my gig. I have great customers and they spread the word for me.

WHAT YOU SHOULD TAKE FROM THIS POST

Have patience, think of the long game. Don’t worry about this week’s money, worry about giving a great customer experience to your clients. If they are happy, they’ll tell their friends.

Don’t have templates and cut and paste things, everyone is unique and everyone deserves the time for you to write out a custom reply to them. Trust me, they know the difference.

I don’t moan about not being on the first page (I’m not last time I checked) or that TRS people are getting all the buyers (they aren’t)… I work hard, every day, and I’m building a business that will sustain me long after algorithms change.

Edited First of July, graphic to show consistency:

Can i ask you where i can

scan Buyers Requests

?

Thank you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been here for years, however I really started this year. The first while I just bought and sold one or two things here and there. Like many on Fiverr, I didn’t advertise and expected Fiverr to bring my customers to me.

This year I started with one good gig and now this month I have several more along with a new attitude.

Here’s how I do it:

1. In the morning and once in the evening I scan Buyers Requests. There typically are not any for me to apply to because I am in a specialized area. I apply to whatever fits my talents, which is generally only one or two applications a week.
  2. I stay logged in to Fiverr so that I can answer immediately any questions and any orders.
  3. I work on those ASAP and make sure that they are going to get better results than what they are expecting.
  4. After turning in the orders, I don’t ask them to review. It’s why my review percentage is under 50 percent. I do tell them that I hope they are happy and that I’m grateful that they chose me and I hope to see them again. More often than not, they’re going to be return buyers.
  5. I post twice a week in author Facebook groups and on author/writer message boards. I don’t spam, I am an active member. I talk about books and the writing process. I know my sh*t, because I’ve been working in this field for 20 years. Spamming Facebook and groups won’t work, you have to take time and commit.

I don’t do anything that would jeopardize my reputation. I don’t spam or randomly post advertisements. I do a lot for free for members of the writing community. Over 60 percent of my sales are from people who start their message saying “I’ve heard great things about you from xxx”. This word of mouth sales is why I don’t worry about Fiverr search, or SEO, or spamming people to buy my gig. I have great customers and they spread the word for me.

Have patience, think of the long game. Don’t worry about this week’s money, worry about giving a great customer experience to your clients. If they are happy, they’ll tell their friends.

Don’t have templates and cut and paste things, everyone is unique and everyone deserves the time for you to write out a custom reply to them. Trust me, they know the difference.

I don’t moan about not being on the first page (I’m not last time I checked) or that TRS people are getting all the buyers (they aren’t)… I work hard, every day, and I’m building a business that will sustain me long after algorithms change.

I post twice a week in author Facebook groups and on author/writer message boards. I don’t spam, I am an active member. I talk about books and the writing process. I know my sh*t, because I’ve been working in this field for 20 years. Spamming Facebook and groups won’t work, you have to take time and commit.

Maybe these words could change my life. Thank you for sharing your little invaluable experience 🙂

Guest armejndi

Actually each month is roughly 2x what the last month was. This month already shows over a grand earned. I work my *ss off.

I don’t rely on luck, on search engines working, or anything other than my own hustle.

I don’t rely on luck, on search engines working, or anything other than my own hustle.

Same! Last year I had my maximum earnings at around 800$ and since I’ve stepped up my game at staying active and delivering orders in time, since March I’ve had a 50% up to 100% earnings increase. Now I’m at 3.5k per month. I’m in love with this post, so guys, keep following the directions and you’ll get there. Stay active, be positive and deliver high quality work within the deadline.

P.S. This looks like a Facebook ad or something. Lol.

• 4 weeks later...

@uncarved
It’s amazing to see awesome sellers like you succeed.

I’ve been trying different methods to drum up some business for the past couple months but I’m still here, learning. Tried FB ads, Google Adwords and all the good stuff, but things didn’t go as planned.

I tried searching for good groups where people don’t spam, but they are hard to find. Do you have a method of finding these groups and message boards?

It would be awesome if you can share it.

Thanks.

@uncarved

It’s amazing to see awesome sellers like you succeed.

I’ve been trying different methods to drum up some business for the past couple months but I’m still here, learning. Tried FB ads, Google Adwords and all the good stuff, but things didn’t go as planned.

I tried searching for good groups where people don’t spam, but they are hard to find. Do you have a method of finding these groups and message boards?

It would be awesome if you can share it.

Thanks.

well in your case, you’re selling SEO business marketing. So you should be searching for “starting a small business”, or “business marketing”, etc.

You probably put in SEO and stuff, but that’s for people like you. People that CAN do it. You need to seek out people that can’t, that are searching for that. Those starting out in business are more apt to be your target buyer.

Guest shahzadrehman

Here’s how I do it:

. I do tell them that I hope they are happy and that I’m grateful that they chose me and I hope to see them again. More often than not, they’re going to be return buyers.

Perfect sentence in the whole post. This is what we call marketing. Good, Keep it up.

Wow! That a whole lot of work. Is asking for review from a buyer a bad idea? I am a new seller and I need the reviews for promotion of my gig especially me, a seller from Nigeria. I need the buyers to believe I can do the job (which will come from reviews of previous buyer)

Wow! That a whole lot of work. Is asking for review from a buyer a bad idea? I am a new seller and I need the reviews for promotion of my gig especially me, a seller from Nigeria. I need the buyers to believe I can do the job (which will come from reviews of previous buyer)

Is asking for review from a buyer a bad idea?

Well, it depends. Asking for a specific rating (like asking for 5 stars) is not allowed.

You can ask your buyer nicely & politely to rate your order if they liked your work, but here’s where it gets tricky:

• there are some buyers out there who would rather not rate orders if they’re not fully satisfied, and asking them to rate the order would likely make them give a lower rating (the “I should have better shut my mouth” effect)

• but there are other buyers who simply forget to rate their orders, and a reminder will do the job just fine

Well, first things first. If you have provided a quality output then most of the clients will obviously rate your work. So, the ideal thing is, that the client rates you on his own.

In the rarest of the cases, where you feel that your client was satisfied with your work and has still not rated you, then maybe you can request for that.

Well, first things first. If you have provided a quality output then most of the clients will obviously rate your work. So, the ideal thing is, that the client rates you on his own.

In the rarest of the cases, where you feel that your client was satisfied with your work and has still not rated you, then maybe you can request for that.

Thanks… I don’t specifically ask for a certain rating, I just say ‘kindly rate my service to you’

Is asking for review from a buyer a bad idea?

Well, it depends. Asking for a specific rating (like asking for 5 stars) is not allowed.

You can ask your buyer nicely & politely to rate your order if they liked your work, but here’s where it gets tricky:

• there are some buyers out there who would rather not rate orders if they’re not fully satisfied, and asking them to rate the order would likely make them give a lower rating (the “I should have better shut my mouth” effect)

• but there are other buyers who simply forget to rate their orders, and a reminder will do the job just fine

Thanks for the insight

Archived