Lack of results

Hello, I am new to the forum and I purchased a logo from one of the members here. The performance and communication has been horrid. Is there a way to vet the prospective artist to insure they perform? This is stopping me from launching a design for a mailer, banner for web site and business cards. Quite a pain to have a 5 dollar problem stopping several thousand in commerce. This is twice I have had poor results in this community. Quite disappointed.

Hello, I am new to the forum and I purchased a logo from one of the members here. The performance and communication has been horrid. Is there a way to vet the prospective artist to insure they perform? This is stopping me from launching a design for a mailer, banner for web site and business cards. Quite a pain to have a 5 dollar problem stopping several thousand in commerce. This is twice I have had poor results in this community. Quite disappointed.

Quite a pain to have a 5 dollar problem stopping several thousand in commerce.

:thinking: …

:thinking: …

When I’m batting .000 I don’t know where to turn. I have asked Nicole (fiverr staff) for a reference without response as yet. I would gladly hire another. But first I tried local Craigslist. They failed. Then my nephew showed me fiverr and I ordered a logo with his account. The result from that one is comical. Then I tried another. This guy made a decent looking logo, but not anything like the example or my detailed response. I know what I want. I’m not wish washy. It seems that people want to create something but pay no particular attention to the specs. Not hard at all. Just seems I haven’t found the right source.

When I’m batting .000 I don’t know where to turn. I have asked Nicole (fiverr staff) for a reference without response as yet. I would gladly hire another. But first I tried local Craigslist. They failed. Then my nephew showed me fiverr and I ordered a logo with his account. The result from that one is comical. Then I tried another. This guy made a decent looking logo, but not anything like the example or my detailed response. I know what I want. I’m not wish washy. It seems that people want to create something but pay no particular attention to the specs. Not hard at all. Just seems I haven’t found the right source.

Just seems I haven’t found the right source.

Agreed 👍

I understand that what some Designers offer (a professional Logo for just $5) may sound promising…

But let thousand of $$ (like you say) of earnings being stopped for just $5… well… 😇

Better I won’t say what my father would say to me if I write that 😄

The first one from Craigslist I paid 150 bucks through a quickbooks invoice. Never got a delivered product. Been promised a refund. Not holding my breath. Then was shown fiverr and took a chance on one at 16 bucks. I got about .03 cents of value. Third went to a higher profile guy here paid him for all the bells and whistles. He delivered crap. So with that experience, how do I know who to pick/ like I said batting .000.

The first one from Craigslist I paid 150 bucks through a quickbooks invoice. Never got a delivered product. Been promised a refund. Not holding my breath. Then was shown fiverr and took a chance on one at 16 bucks. I got about .03 cents of value. Third went to a higher profile guy here paid him for all the bells and whistles. He delivered crap. So with that experience, how do I know who to pick/ like I said batting .000.

:thinking:

It seems you really had bad luck with that Logo…

You’re right, after a while you start losing hope.

Sorry that your expercience has been so… Bad! Maybe you’ll have more luck with the next one? There are a lot of great designers here! Tip from a designer:

• look at their reviews.
  • contact the designer before placing order to make sure you guys are on the same page. Express your wishes before placing the order.
  • if you have examples of what you like, even better… send them to your potential sellers and ask if they can make your logo like the examples.
  • if your still not sure it will work out, you can ask for samples.

Good luck! Cheers!

@eoinfinnegan The butterfly effect… it’s real 😄

To answer your question, OP, I believe that’s just one of the things you have to get used to. Do some trial and error until you manage to build a trusting relationship with a seller and then go from there. Even if you had all the data possible, you still wouldn’t be able to vet with 100% certainty. A no-brainer, I think, is to not spend a lot of money when you order from a seller for the first time.

@eoinfinnegan The butterfly effect… it’s real 😄

To answer your question, OP, I believe that’s just one of the things you have to get used to. Do some trial and error until you manage to build a trusting relationship with a seller and then go from there. Even if you had all the data possible, you still wouldn’t be able to vet with 100% certainty. A no-brainer, I think, is to not spend a lot of money when you order from a seller for the first time.

It certainly is Dasar, sellers need to empathize with buyers who are frustrated - this buyer has done a lot right and spent a considerable amount yet is still without the product he needs.

@markmedlin67 I would be happy to commend two sellers to you by PM if you are still having no luck. They are sellers I have used myself and been very happy with. My advice with logos and graphics is to order the basic logo design first - ie make sure you are happy with it whether the initial cost is $5 or $500 and afterwards ask the seller to add the extras like vectors, commercial license etc.

It certainly is Dasar, sellers need to empathize with buyers who are frustrated - this buyer has done a lot right and spent a considerable amount yet is still without the product he needs.

@markmedlin67 I would be happy to commend two sellers to you by PM if you are still having no luck. They are sellers I have used myself and been very happy with. My advice with logos and graphics is to order the basic logo design first - ie make sure you are happy with it whether the initial cost is $5 or $500 and afterwards ask the seller to add the extras like vectors, commercial license etc.

Thanks for all the great replies and for allowing me to vent a little. I guess I will continue the search and see who is truly interested in my project.

Thanks for all the great replies and for allowing me to vent a little. I guess I will continue the search and see who is truly interested in my project.

Also maybe you can ask to see previous logos they made in the past? And ask for a sort of guarantee in a similar resolution and quality, or at least to be able to do infinite revisions until you are satisfied? Idk Im new here 🙂 Good luck anyway!

Archived