Google your gig descriptions

gig_freak

That’s awful!

It makes me very concerned about some translations I’ve gotten done.

I’m comfortable with French, German, Spanish and Japanese because they are sellers that interact on the forum and I know their work ethics.

But I also have Chinese, Arabic, Dutch, Italian etc. that I know nothing about. I admit the guy that did the Arabic was extremely attentive and asked tons of questions. That made me feel good he did it right.

I’m very particular about who I hire. I’m going to check their gigs to make sure its not been copied.

Definitely. You should always check who you hire. There are tons of fake sellers. If you read the forum there are a lot of buyers that complain from the skills that they get. Some people don’t want to work with older sellers because they cost a bit more, so they decide to chose the copycat gigs, and that’s what you get… 🙂

That’s awful!

It makes me very concerned about some translations I’ve gotten done.

I’m comfortable with French, German, Spanish and Japanese because they are sellers that interact on the forum and I know their work ethics.

But I also have Chinese, Arabic, Dutch, Italian etc. that I know nothing about. I admit the guy that did the Arabic was extremely attentive and asked tons of questions. That made me feel good he did it right.

I’m very particular about who I hire. I’m going to check their gigs to make sure its not been copied.

Only that if you find copies of gigs as a buyer, you obviously can´t be sure whose was the original and who is the copycat always, so probably some buyers would forego both legit seller and the one who stole their description, pics, videos, whatever. 😿

But it seems we just have to live with that. And luckily some buyers are attentive (or have even more :spy:

Haven’t done this in a while now, but I figured I try it again. BAM: a copycat right in front of my face!

I asked the copycat to kindly change his gig description as it was identical to mine, but guess what? They refused to respond even though they are online a lot.

What to do? Contacted CS, told them, showed them proof, BAM! The copycat’s gig was taken down, and the copycat hasn’t said a thing nor did they put the gig back.

All in a double BAM’s time! 😤

Haven’t done this in a while now, but I figured I try it again. BAM: a copycat right in front of my face!

I asked the copycat to kindly change his gig description as it was identical to mine, but guess what? They refused to respond even though they are online a lot.

What to do? Contacted CS, told them, showed them proof, BAM! The copycat’s gig was taken down, and the copycat hasn’t said a thing nor did they put the gig back.

All in a double BAM’s time! 😤

Lmao! @woofy31 You seem proud!

Why wouldn’t I? After seeing copycats actually take my clientele by simply copying my gig video, image and descriptions, every copycat taken down is a personal victory!

Well I have read topics on this forum about people stealing videos, pics and audios from others so I have taken down my pics and video and reuploaded them with watermarks.However, my watermarks were specific ‘Dana__@Fiverr’ even in my audio cause people can use your stuff on other freelance sites. As for gig description…that is easily copied but I will do a search once in a while to make sure.

Well I have read topics on this forum about people stealing videos, pics and audios from others so I have taken down my pics and video and reuploaded them with watermarks.However, my watermarks were specific ‘Dana__@Fiverr’ even in my audio cause people can use your stuff on other freelance sites. As for gig description…that is easily copied but I will do a search once in a while to make sure.

You can’t imagine how many sellers I’ve seen copying the watermarked pictures and videos as well - they have no remorse in doing that, and they couldn’t care less if it got them some quick money!

You can’t imagine how many sellers I’ve seen copying the watermarked pictures and videos as well - they have no remorse in doing that, and they couldn’t care less if it got them some quick money!

Are you serious? Bangs head on the wall

• 1 month later...

Googled the description of my best gig and someone had it copied. But the account has been taken down now.

Wondering how long they have used it and who reported the account. :thinking:

and who reported the account

I bet it was another copycat 😃

Aaaaand @woofy31 comes from nowhere.

@capri2794 That means that your gig photos weren’t stollen this time around.

I show up when least expected of me 😃

Clueless as for why they bothered copying the description of a new seller

It’s a rather sneaky yet logical move - new sellers are still learning the ups and downs of the platform, they’re busy setting up their gigs, they’re naturally blinded by the prospect of new orders, so they’re the perfect target because: (i) new sellers won’t find the copycats as they are still busy figuring out how Fiverr works, and (ii) if there’s a copycat warning, it’s a bit harder to find out who had actually stolen it as the time difference between the two is likely very small.

I show up when least expected of me 😃

Clueless as for why they bothered copying the description of a new seller

It’s a rather sneaky yet logical move - new sellers are still learning the ups and downs of the platform, they’re busy setting up their gigs, they’re naturally blinded by the prospect of new orders, so they’re the perfect target because: (i) new sellers won’t find the copycats as they are still busy figuring out how Fiverr works, and (ii) if there’s a copycat warning, it’s a bit harder to find out who had actually stolen it as the time difference between the two is likely very small.

Oh yes. Logical and sneaky.

I was just looking towards the opportunity of pouncing on a copycat and catching them redhandedly. 😃 Well, some other time maybe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Archived