Why do you use a fake image?

miroslavglavic

Maybe the. re’s a belief that they will get along better with another woman? Or that they will trust a woman more than they would trust a man?

😆

You and I both know that’s not true. The misconception that exists is, well, laughable.

If there is anything I have learned from women’s magazines and the like is that the biggest haters of women are other women. Just take the fashion industry as a prime example.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is anything I have learned from women’s magazines and the like is that the biggest haters of women are other women. Just take the fashion industry as a prime example.

I’ve noticed that “female” gig photos dominate the design field: logo, banners, etc. as well as programming.

(When I say design, I’m not referring to illustration.)

In the real world, although women have made strides, those are still male dominated.

I’ve noticed that “female” gig photos dominate the design field: logo, banners, etc. as well as programming.

(When I say design, I’m not referring to illustration.)

In the real world, although women have made strides, those are still male dominated.

It is because it is believed, that a woman seller would less likely dupe you and not waste your time or your project.

Ironically, most buyers coming here complaining in the last few months, all referred to their sellers as a “she”.

Now that could pretty much be due to sellers faking their genders.

p.s

85% of my buyers are women. (and I personally prefer it that way, since they are HASSLE FREE!)

It is because it is believed, that a woman seller would less likely dupe you and not waste your time or your project.

Ironically, most buyers coming here complaining in the last few months, all referred to their sellers as a “she”.

Now that could pretty much be due to sellers faking their genders.

p.s

85% of my buyers are women. (and I personally prefer it that way, since they are HASSLE FREE!)

85% of my buyers are women.

So, what you’re saying is that Miss Crystal is right. 80% to 85% of buyers are women! 😀

This is a similar problem to people that lie about their location. I use a drawn image of myself. I make CUSTOM whiteboard animations and I felt this will (in some way) let clients know I can make custom illustrations, by making one of myself (I know, not the best, I did that 3 years ago).

However it is still ME.

In the script writing section I have caught a few sellers that claim to be from the USA. When I’m searching for writing gigs, I simply read feedback, try to check their samples and also have a conversation with them regarding my ideas etc…

There was even one I confronted. He was from my country. When he delivered the script to me, it was like something made out of a template. I deal with very high profile clients and I was highly disappointed. He wasted my time, and my money. I saw on the properties of the word document he sent me, there was a ****** name there and he was claiming to be a lady from the USA. I was very disappointed and I told him off, I also told him I knew where he was from and he kept denying till I presented his evidence.

He was using a model’s picture and I realised he also copied his gig description. Now I make use of a Spanish writer (I’m not all about where you are from or what your profile picture is) but rather, can you deliver a high quality gig in the time specified?

Mod note: Country names removed

This is a similar problem to people that lie about their location. I use a drawn image of myself. I make CUSTOM whiteboard animations and I felt this will (in some way) let clients know I can make custom illustrations, by making one of myself (I know, not the best, I did that 3 years ago).

However it is still ME.

In the script writing section I have caught a few sellers that claim to be from the USA. When I’m searching for writing gigs, I simply read feedback, try to check their samples and also have a conversation with them regarding my ideas etc…

There was even one I confronted. He was from my country. When he delivered the script to me, it was like something made out of a template. I deal with very high profile clients and I was highly disappointed. He wasted my time, and my money. I saw on the properties of the word document he sent me, there was a ****** name there and he was claiming to be a lady from the USA. I was very disappointed and I told him off, I also told him I knew where he was from and he kept denying till I presented his evidence.

He was using a model’s picture and I realised he also copied his gig description. Now I make use of a Spanish writer (I’m not all about where you are from or what your profile picture is) but rather, can you deliver a high quality gig in the time specified?

Mod note: Country names removed

Fiverr is curious. From one point of view, there is undeniably racism in every society and many studies have shown that.

Still, if i see some blong bloke from north europe i have a hard time thinking he can do much with 5USD of their time, uniquely based on the average income of most north european countries.

While 5USD on other countries may be an absolutely respectable pay for a small work of a freelancer.

Archived